Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: would you want to see 40 mans again?

Hell no.

25s are bad enough. I like feeling like an integral part of a group, rather than just another person in a crowd.

I dont't think they're coming back and I'm quite happy about it. 25 groups can be hard enough to form especially if you want competent players

Quote Originally Posted by icey_red
    I was just wondering if you would? Im not asking if it is or isnt going to happen.
    Amazing how so many people forget to read(or understand) this bit.

On Topic;
    No, i would not like to see 40-man instances added again.
    I've had a lot of fun in 40-man instances in the past, but right now it simply won't work.
    Various reasons have been mentioned. For me, the "Oh hi i want to raid please drag me along you 39 other people" is a no-no.

Remember to take all things in moderation (even World of Warcraft!)
    When interacting with other players a little kindness goes a long way!

Deleted

This is really off topic but...

I seem to recall that bosses only dropped 2 pieces of loot in the beginning and then at some point later on they increased it to 3-4 pieces. 40 man + 2 epics = rofllolkek. No wonder epics were so much more /gasp back then.

If my memory serves, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by icey_red
    I was just wondering if you would?
    No.

I remember playing WoW at 50-100 frames per second in MC and BWL on a PC that only had 32 meg of ram with 40 players.
    Now i barely see above 25 frames per second on Thorim with only 25 players raiding on a medium specced PC with 2 gig of ram.
    40 players would kill my PC and many others too ><

So no, new effects on a shit old engine would simply kill 40 men raids before they even began :/

no thanks.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

I love how everybody thinks that there were 15 afkers in every 40 man raid. we had dmg meters way back in mc because our guild leader used to spam it to show who wasn't doing much....

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dethaele
    With performance mods (i.e. Recount) people wouldn't really be able to AFK on bosses anymore so that would take care of that crap going on.
    We used Damagemeter in Molten Core. Still didn't hinder people from randomly going afk for example on trashmobs. And trashmobs at the time were hard and could very well wipe your whole raid.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I generally loved 40mans. Just fel more epic and more chaotic. But I don't think it would work. Now guilds have adapted to the 25man instances and dont recruit 80 people in each guild anymore. The only guilds that would be able to stay alive are the really really top guilds. And that is by massive recruting.

People that did 40 man raids - Hell no
    People that didnt do 40man raids but did MH / BT raids - Hell Yeah they were awesome
    People that didnt do 40man raids nor TBC raids - Yeah they rocked
    Scrubs that have done no raiding what so ever - YEAH I HAD DA T3 EPIX

^ Welcome to mmo-champion.com

My Awesome Sig Made By Shyama - Thank You!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Short answer: no, raid leading that gave me a head-ache! Not to mind being guild leader.

Deleted

As a raid leader and guild officer : oh god no !

Quote Originally Posted by dsswoosh
    I remember playing WoW at 50-100 frames per second in MC and BWL on a PC that only had 32 meg of ram with 40 players.
    Now i barely see above 25 frames per second on Thorim with only 25 players raiding on a medium specced PC with 2 gig of ram.
    40 players would kill my PC and many others too ><

So no, new effects on a shit old engine would simply kill 40 men raids before they even began :/
    No you don't remember that. You can hardly even boot Windows XP with 32 MB ram. There is no way you could play Wow, and there is defenitely no way you'd get 50-100 fps. Even if that was a typo and you meant 320 MB, I still don't believe that for one second.
    Even in the very beginning of WoW, you needed at LEAST 512 MB to be able to do anything with the game.
    Either you're remembering wrong, or you're just lying.

Ontopic:

40 man raids were always fun for me, becouse I've always been in awesome guilds. Nowhere near world-first kind of awesome, but I always played with ppl who knew how to play their class, always knew about tactics, always came prepared... Raids were fun.
    So I loved 40-man raids.

It wouldn't be viable anymore however. I'm 100% sure top-guilds could still pull it off, but by now, I imagine it would be way too hard for raidleaders to manage 40 ppl.

The main reason I wouldn't like to see 40 player raids again is that my 5-6 year old PC would make the experience so bad that i'd rather not raid at all. Even in 25 player raids with all the settings on lowest I get 10 fps (less if there's lots of aoe) and that's bad enough.

I also think that 40 player raids would impede on the game designers flexibility when making interesting raid encounters and instances. You need bigger rooms and stuff to fit all the players in and still allow movement in many cases.

The other problems are that it's hard enough to find 25 good players to raid with so imagine how bad it might be if you needed 40. The encounters might need to be tuned to take into account that you are carrying a few mediocre / bad players for a large number of guilds to be able to be successful (even those that could kill yogg in the 1st week or 2).

I did enjoy raiding back at 60 but I honestly don't think it was due to 40 players... things were newer and fresher, the gear made you stand out from the crowd more etc. I honestly think i'd have enjoyed those level 60 raids just as much if they were 25 player raids and 40 player raids never existed.

15+ Year Old Account

The 1 thing I remember most about my MC/BWL/AQ40 raids is:

Half of my screen littered with fucking green and blue bars and me playing whack-a-mole with them.
    Unfun stuff was unfun. Get over it.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    The 1 thing I remember most about my MC/BWL/AQ40 raids is:

Half of my screen littered with fucking green and blue bars and me playing whack-a-mole with them.
    Unfun stuff was unfun. Get over it.
    lawls! The time before UI additions LOL I remember it well

i did not start wow untill after the days of the 40 man raid so take my opinion for what you will.

i would love to at least try it and and can think of many really neat things that they could do with and it is enough to get my support.

no i would never want to see the 40 mans come back as the standard, i know how hard it can be to get 25 to raid regulary.

i really think it would be cool to do a single boss instance or a 2 or 3 boss instance for 40 man raids (no other option). its short its sweet wont take to much dev time and it will be easy for 2 guilds to team up to take it down since guilds are much smaller now. ahh hell put a 10 and 25 man version if you like but i think thoes options along with "hard modes" take away form the epic scale of achievment of downing bosses. (hope that makes since..if it dosent im sure ppl will be sure to make numerous posts pointing it out)

No 40 mans were horrible,not only for drop distribution but try to get a 25man going is hard enough!

HELL NO.... It's hard enough to get 25 working together and staying for the whole raid.... I can imagine having 1/2 the raid have to leave and being replaced....

40 man's we're a stupid idea