Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Hodir - resistance

Besides the tank wearing frost rez gear, nobody else should wear it , seriosly if your guild management, or raid leader are asking the entire raid to wear frost rez gear then they are retarded.
    Banned for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Darwexn
    The enrage timer on Hodir is a complete joke. If you are doing the fight correctly (read: freeing mobs which cast insane buffs) your dps will be quite high. If your guild wants to ensure good attempts as they being progress on the fight in easy mode, less dps to help people live though the frozen blows seems a fair trade. Ideally, dps and healers will not have to wear the gear in subsequent kills.
    most helpful post and the one person who actually understands why I posted in the 1st place.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

You need 0 resistance on this fight as all, just bring a Paladin and use frost aura or summit, there ya go! Some nice and easy resistance to help out :P

For learning purposes we asked for 1 piece, the same 1 piece we asked for on Sapph when we were learning. And my guess when bliz gets around to Arthas, somewhere in the instance that same 1 piece will show up again.

The difference between 1 piece and 0 is substantial and gives everyone the chance to really understand whats going on, because it covers some mistakes that will be made. 2 weeks after your first kill people will start forgetting to put it on and it won't matter because they are practiced and know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by jarell88
    "So, i heard ignis and mimiron are healing intensive fights, and my guild says i need fire resist gear. How much should i get?

What? You say i need no fire resist? I don't care how pro you are, and that fire resist is completely unneeded! Stop flexing your epeen!"

You see what i did there?
    I see how you promply shoved your head up your own ass. Just wondering, at what point does Ignis do 40,000 fire damage to the whole raid over 20 sec?

Quote Originally Posted by gibborim
    I see how you promply shoved your head up your own ass. Just wondering, at what point does Ignis do 40,000 fire damage to the whole raid over 20 sec?
    Flame jets, while not the same amount of damage, is still a rather large chunk of fire damage.

One piece (the chest) would be sufficient, with auras, without hindering your DPS too much. But as people said, you shouldn't really need it.

elitist epeen flex inc...

What is all this about 'learning' Hodir, are you serious? :O

Back on topic...

If you run with 2 holy paladins then you can use aura mastery on most frozen blows which is excellant.

Tell the healers to utilize the haste buff from the pillars of light to heal during the frozen blows, it totally trivializes it.

Using those two tips i believe that using FR will just make the fight harder.

15+ Year Old Account

I had a couple questions, my guild is currently working on clearing this guy and had a few issues tuesday.

One, the frost damage during frozen blow is hitting for ~3300/2sec for 20sec, that puts about 33000 damage taken per member for the raid and seemed to be killing us all as the healers couldn't keep up.

Two, i have read that you can just free the mage and then focus on the boss and that NPC will free the others, is that enough or should we focus on freeing all 4 following the AOE freeze that is done?

Based on this thread its obvious that FR will help this and I suppose being our first time in on this boss we will give that a go. But are we missing something or do you just have to heal through the damage for those 20 seconds?

DPS Boomkin / Feral Tank

It's only really a dps race on hard mode, if you use the buffs correctly normal mode is easy enough once you learn how to use them / move from falling ice.

Healers standing in starlight is win just tell them to watch mana.

Once you get used to the fight you will be using 5 healers or so and no FR, using some for learning purposes might be a good idea

15+ Year Old Account

Unless you're one healing it, you dont need FR :

Quote Originally Posted by deathsclaw
    I had a couple questions, my guild is currently working on clearing this guy and had a few issues tuesday.

One, the frost damage during frozen blow is hitting for ~3300/2sec for 20sec, that puts about 33000 damage taken per member for the raid and seemed to be killing us all as the healers couldn't keep up.

Two, i have read that you can just free the mage and then focus on the boss and that NPC will free the others, is that enough or should we focus on freeing all 4 following the AOE freeze that is done?

Based on this thread its obvious that FR will help this and I suppose being our first time in on this boss we will give that a go. But are we missing something or do you just have to heal through the damage for those 20 seconds?
    Yes, that has to be healed through. If you keep the raid a little closer together during frozen blows, you win.

As far as just freeing the mage, I don't know anything about that. It literally takes 5 seconds to free the adds and the extra time with the starlight and storm power buffs will make up that difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Autodidact
    Flame jets, while not the same amount of damage, is still a rather large chunk of fire damage.
    So, just to recap on your pointless post: When does Ignis deal a large, sustained, raidwide AoE that threatens to wipe you?