Mimiron phase 3 - Positioning of cores

We've been clearing Mimiron for the past 4 resets, though one of our main points of failure (have had some quite amazing ones) is the positioning of the magnetic cores to bring him down in phase 3. We've used 3 different melee DPS'ers to loot the cores and try to position it under him, and yet somehow sometimes he remains airborn. Does the ACU have a shadow on the ground you can navigate by, is it a bug, or can anyone shed a little insight on how to do this consistently? We usually have our spriest tank him on the edge of the middle circle (where you fight him in P1).

Re: Mimiron phase 3 - Positioning of cores

We use a hunter in pvp gear to tank him, our melee dps (me or our ret pally) loot it and drop it directly under him. If you miss with it he WILL stay airborn and you need to wait all over again till the next assault bot is dead. If you miss more than once your hurting the raid and taking to long. Once you learn where to put it, it becomes second nature.

we let our prot warrior tank him...
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA - 23/03/2014 View Post
    Seriously. Someone bookmark this. If we go all the way from 6.0 to 7.0 and there is never a paid Garrison feature on the blizzard store, I will go to the store, purchase a hat and film myself eating it.

15+ Year Old Account

Having a hunter pet on the Boss will result in pet being just under it so you can just throw the cores on the pet

Have a hunter tank in phase 3. He doesnt really need pvp gear. I sic my pet on the target and the melee dps put the cores down where my pet is...works every time

15+ Year Old Account

Drop the trap right where the bomb drops... our enhancement shaman has never missed.

Sorry to say but, you've failed to understand his question.

Just assign a hunter to do that.

Send pet in right before someone loots the core, pet will stand directly under the boss, so whoever has the core just throw it at hunter's pet, voila.

Quote Originally Posted by Gritalian
    Drop the trap right where the bomb drops... our enhancement shaman has never missed.
    I think we'll give that a try. Unfortunately we dont have a hunter in our raid-group, but can a warlocks failguard be used identical to the hunter suggestion? Thank you for your feedback .

Upside is that the hunter/warlock pets also help to clear the bombs.

Did this last night on 10man.

Mage was tanking Mimiron.

I (DPS warrior) looted the cores and dropp them under the boss. Not that hard. Just max out camera distance. Wait if there is a bomb directly under him.

Quote Originally Posted by wyrdone
    Upside is that the hunter/warlock pets also help to clear the bombs.
    Not exactly.

That's not true. They don't detonate the bombs, they just walk past them.

On a side note, a hunter can clear out the bombs by popping Deterrence and running straight into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonadesquare
    Not exactly.

That's not true. They don't detonate the bombs, they just walk past them.

On a side note, a hunter can clear out the bombs by popping Deterrence and running straight into them.
    Pretty sure you could easily make a macro to have your pet attack/taunt a bomb. I understand that might be way too hard for some folks but /shrug.

Luciferian

Quote Originally Posted by deadmau5
    We've been clearing Mimiron for the past 4 resets, though one of our main points of failure (have had some quite amazing ones) is the positioning of the magnetic cores to bring him down in phase 3. We've used 3 different melee DPS'ers to loot the cores and try to position it under him, and yet somehow sometimes he remains airborn. Does the ACU have a shadow on the ground you can navigate by, is it a bug, or can anyone shed a little insight on how to do this consistently? We usually have our spriest tank him on the edge of the middle circle (where you fight him in P1).
    Hello,

I see you are using the username "deadmau5." I must inform you that this name is under copyright by Joel Zimmerman, aka Deadmau5. His lawyers will be contacted about sending a cease and desist to you. You can ask the owners of this website to remove your account before this happens or we may have to take legal action against you.

Good Day

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferian
    Hello,

I see you are using the username "deadmau5." I must inform you that this name is under copyright by Joel Zimmerman, aka Deadmau5. His lawyers will be contacted about sending a cease and desist to you. You can ask the owners of this website to remove your account before this happens or we may have to take legal action against you.

Good Day
    no, fail on so many levels i cant even begin to explain how wrong you are about ip forums names etc etc .

back to topic im a warlock and i use fel pup in p3 he stands directly under the command unit.
    LOL, look at this angry kid go. Sounds like someone is bleeding from the vagina today. I don't know what I said to piss you off like this, kid, but I do know you must have TONS of friends and a healthy social life with that personality!-(Sindershock)
    The hardcore players are happy with the difficulty (with the exception of Buzzkill, who seems to enjoy complaining)
    Plagued Proto-Drakes suddenly become "Slightly Infected Chicken Drakes", or "Last Nights Takeaway Drakes".chronalis
    `Trolls need locks, wtf. It only fucking makes the most sense.`

15+ Year Old Account

Pvp gear isnt needed. Im a lock and always tank him in my regular gear and spec (only difference is that I switch to Demon Armor for more healing). To position it correct, have a hunter/lock/DK pet attack him while flying. It will then be directly under him, pinpointing the location for your magnetic core.