Re: Priest whining about warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima
    Enlighten me.
    warriors are fine, l2p. enlightened?
    This user has been banned.

15+ Year Old Account

Just poping this out there.

I'm not amazingly geared, but as a disc priest fighting a warrior is hard, but not impossible.

Most warriors tend to forget they have zerker rage, or don't bladestorm right after a charge, so I get a quick fear off to create some distance, PS the bladestorm while trying to run away, and when I need a quick burst heal shoot a penance but only let the first tick hit me.

If they do zerker rage or BS I just try my best to heal through it, but it usually comes down to failure. Its hard to heal through a bladestorm ripping your face off =(

But like I said, most dont BS or rage right after charging, in which case its a typical 'rawr! kite him!' thinger.

priests die fast to warriors, yes this game has always been rock paper scissors game and priests used to not have much a problem with warriors(played a priest at 70 to 2k in arena) now they are a problem, biggest thing really being rage through bubbles actually allows warriors to dmg priests instead of being rage starved through a bubble

the extra 25% healing is in place of an interupt and its just as easy to juke as anything else you even get a nice little buff u can look for on the warrior that tells u when he can overpower

warriors used to be the kings of melee and crap against range/casters, now warriors got dropped way back in melee strength but were given ways to deal with range/casters and people arent used to it so there will be QQ

i also like how people in here will dismiss the fact that a snare allows u to close the gap because it kills their arguement...

some guy that says he plays a shammy said ya i can frost shock but i am also slowed, well i could be wrong but cant u also drop earth bind totem which makes u immune to slows/roots, on top of that u have your wolves which increses your run speed which u can also use to catch up to an enemy? and dont try and tell me an enhance shammy dmg sucks

on my resto shammy i hate having enhance shammy on me as it is hard to heal vs a good enhance shammy as they do good dps purge and a short CD interupt

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    Just poping this out there.

I'm not amazingly geared, but as a disc priest fighting a warrior is hard, but not impossible.

Most warriors tend to forget they have zerker rage, or don't bladestorm right after a charge, so I get a quick fear off to create some distance, PS the bladestorm while trying to run away, and when I need a quick burst heal shoot a penance but only let the first tick hit me.

If they do zerker rage or BS I just try my best to heal through it, but it usually comes down to failure. Its hard to heal through a bladestorm ripping your face off =(

But like I said, most dont BS or rage right after charging, in which case its a typical 'rawr! kite him!' thinger.
    this may work against lvl 78 button clicking twinks in alterac; any half-way decent warrior will charge->hamstring->MS and THEN bladestorm. if you use pain suppression at this point, you will likely survive the bladestorm but you will still be burning your mana until you die unless someone peels the warrior from you. and no, most warriors do NOT forget their berserker rage. it is just as vital for us as fear is for priests or HoF for paladins.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mantra01
    priests die fast to warriors, yes this game has always been rock paper scissors game and priests used to not have much a problem with warriors(played a priest at 70 to 2k in arena) now they are a problem, biggest thing really being rage through bubbles actually allows warriors to dmg priests instead of being rage starved through a bubble

the extra 25% healing is in place of an interupt and its just as easy to juke as anything else you even get a nice little buff u can look for on the warrior that tells u when he can overpower

warriors used to be the kings of melee and crap against range/casters, now warriors got dropped way back in melee strength but were given ways to deal with range/casters and people arent used to it so there will be QQ

i also like how people in here will dismiss the fact that a snare allows u to close the gap because it kills their arguement...

some guy that says he plays a shammy said ya i can frost shock but i am also slowed, well i could be wrong but cant u also drop earth bind totem which makes u immune to slows/roots, on top of that u have your wolves which increses your run speed which u can also use to catch up to an enemy? and dont try and tell me an enhance shammy dmg sucks

on my resto shammy i hate having enhance shammy on me as it is hard to heal vs a good enhance shammy as they do good dps purge and a short CD interupt
    Enhance DPS sucks in PVP.
    Enhance Shaman's defensive mechanism is broken
    Ghost Wolves have a way too long CD
    Even with 600+ resil i get critted for 8K by a Retri Pala, i get 3shotted by a Feralcat and Rogue and Mages just Frost Nova / Blink, our anti snare makes us suck vs Warlocks, because we have to choos: interrupt spellcast, snare them and be immune to snares or immune to fear.
    Most other classes have a skill for each of them, ours share cooldowns with the others.
    PvP Mechanism is just broken, and you cant say its not.

People that know what Shaman skills do, think they know all about it (talking about people in general), and none of those people play a Shaman.

every1 can get 3 shot by ret pally's thats the way of the game atm, being a shammy isnt special:P on my pally, resto shammy and my warrior all pvp geared 850 resil on warrior and 790ish on my holy pally 900 on resto shammy if i get hoj'd with no way out im insta out, on my warrior unless the pally is absolutely terrible i cant really win as they do too much dmg to fast b4 i can really set up my dmg

i dont think enhance dps sucks at all, my friend does pretty crazy dmg as enhance when we pvp

i dont c where u have to choose between interupting spell cast OR being immune to snares/fear

tremor and earth bind u do have to decide(dont share CD just earth bind does have a CD) between, but interupting u have grounding and shock which shock has a short CD and grounding isnt crazily long CD

i wont lie shammies need help they do, but don't make it sound like you have 0 tools as a shammy to get stuff done

I can't see how anybody in their right mind can say anything about enhancement shams being any good in PvP. yes, they can do a lot of damage. but so does almost any other class. yes they have the wolves and the anti-snare totem. but both suck in comparison to what other classes have to offer.
    in contrast to most other classes though, enhance shamans die like moths in the fire when you focus on them. end of story.

i didnt say they were OP i just came in to point out where people were making it sound like enhance shammies had nothing they could do like other classes, while not as strong as some of the others they do have tools

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by lizard
    I can't see how anybody in their right mind can say anything about enhancement shams being any good in PvP. yes, they can do a lot of damage. but so does almost any other class. yes they have the wolves and the anti-snare totem. but both suck in comparison to what other classes have to offer.
    in contrast to most other classes though, enhance shamans die like moths in the fire when you focus on them. end of story.
    dont even need to focus on them just blow 2 GCDs and yay, free honor

Quote Originally Posted by Mantra01
    i didnt say they were OP i just came in to point out where people were making it sound like enhance shammies had nothing they could do like other classes, while not as strong as some of the others they do have tools
    Tools on a 3 min CD pretty much