Deleted

pointers.. movies... desperate :(

Ladies and gentlemen,

since last week we (a rogue and me) set our feed for the first time on the arena path. And what a letdown it was!! What I thought would happen; did happen: Melee rushed on a poor little warlock and kicked his ass. That being mine cute ass being kicked.
    i need some pointers and tbh.. a few headsup I am affraid. At this moment I think too toss in the towel.. and forget bout teh hole thing.
    Before I do it.. maybe you can share some bright moments with this poor newbie and help him out.

Please can someone describe a 'typical' Rogue/Destruction Warlock match or even has some movies? At the moment i am running with my VW for the shield. If I take a fellhunter I get smacked so fast I can not even press my deathcoil.

I would very much appricate the help. I have only 450 resiliance so that is pretty bad. What I just want to know.. assuming we double that.. does that mean atleast we have a change? Or is it still a tripple hit wonder? What do I and my rogue partner have to do to give us more chance (besides the obvious gear for my part) Do we need to focus one target? questions, questions, questions....

I hope somebody can make the time to answer and help this poor warlock out.

cheers,
    Emi

15+ Year Old Account

Re: pointers.. movies... desperate :(

450 Resilience is crap - you need double that. When I was gearing up resilience, it took me till your level to notice a difference. When I got as high as I could go, it was really apparent.

1) Killing the warlock is a viable strategy for any Warlock / X team and has been for eternity. You will always be targetted first and killed first - any deviation from this path means they are stupid or you are a better player than the rogue.
    2) You have no way to get melee off of you, so guess what your partner is for? Saving your ass.
    3) Between you and your partner, you should be able to shut down a healer long enough to destroy a melee or a dps long enough to destroy the partner.
    4) Sap will make or break your match. If your rogue gets a sap off you should be casting a spell at someone in the next 3 seconds, or you just wasted the sap.
    5) Blind should be used to get melee off of you, and Seduce-Nukes should be used to hold the target in place while the rogue gets into position.
    6) AoE fear early. Most players will see you casting Howl of Terror and either keep running hoping to kick it or they are extremely pro and wait for you to finish. I highly doubt you'll play against the latter and live, so when you see them rushing you, time it!

That's all i got.

R.I.P. YARG

I am no PvP expert but when I dabble in it I go to www.arenajunkies.com. Go to the warlock forums. You can find videos and answers to just about anything PvP. And they have an ask a "glad" section where only players who have achieved the title "gladiator" can respond to your question. They also have a nice macro and a strategy section for most group makeups. Good luck.

I play 2k rate lock/rogue and I can comment on this. I have 588 resilience, 2300 spell power (with fel armor). Use Voidwalker as your pet and pick up Demonic Brutality so you can get an 11k shield on demand which will help you survive greatly. We have a tactic that often works against healer/dps team. Just give the illusion you are killing the DPS (let your rogue cheap shot him and you cast an incinerate or something) and then the healer will blow his cooldowns trying to save the DPS and that point you use Blind on the DPS and rape the healer.

This works at least for us. Also dont forget to ALWAYS sap , because if they trinket sap you just blind them and rape the partner. Against resto druids, dont forget your Banish spell when in need of a quick CC.

Your hard counter is Mage/Rogue, if this is the case the warlock will attack the mage, and your rogue will wait until the other rogue pops and then you go for the rogue (this is the only tactic that gets us at least a 1:2 ratio against mag/rog)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dotyz
    I play 2k rate lock/rogue and I can comment on this. I have 588 resilience, 2300 spell power (with fel armor). Use Voidwalker as your pet and pick up Demonic Brutality so you can get an 11k shield on demand which will help you survive greatly. We have a tactic that often works against healer/dps team. Just give the illusion you are killing the DPS (let your rogue cheap shot him and you cast an incinerate or something) and then the healer will blow his cooldowns trying to save the DPS and that point you use Blind on the DPS and rape the healer.

This works at least for us. Also dont forget to ALWAYS sap , because if they trinket sap you just blind them and rape the partner. Against resto druids, dont forget your Banish spell when in need of a quick CC.

Your hard counter is Mage/Rogue, if this is the case the warlock will attack the mage, and your rogue will wait until the other rogue pops and then you go for the rogue (this is the only tactic that gets us at least a 1:2 ratio against mag/rog)
    Just wanted to thank you for your advice, I hadn't realized the bubble was that insane. Also, I've had hit/miss luck with a rogue partner using Sap so your confirmation means I had the right idea at least.

Thanks!

R.I.P. YARG

Warlocks are the only caster class with no real escape buttons.
    Once demonic circle is down:

Snares will get you
    Melees will get you
    Your hp no matter how much won't help you
    Your siphon life/drain life/haunt are not enough to save you
    Your armor is low.
    Fear is dispelled by 2 classes and 7/10 classes can self remove it
    Seduction shares the CD with fear so it's not here to help
    Demonform lets you waste 51 talent points to get a broken cooldown so it sucks anyhow

All in all warlock PVP is depressing. On my DK i just started dominating once i had 300 resilience which allowed me to gather up any additional gear i needed from honor farm.
    It's unfair, but that's wow.
    Once you get your 900 resilience you'll either be completely down on your knees, or completely fed up. Either way any composition over 450 resil will beat you.
    It's a waste of time to me, i stopped playing my lock in TBC only to be let down in WotLK when i dinged him 80.
    There's just no hope for the class, as i'm sad to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Deleted

thx all for replies,