Deleted

Physical Damage reduction

Have been looking on some talents lately and sorta amazed myself when you can actually have->

Soul link+ glyph : 25% reduction to everything
    Molten Skin : 6% reduction to everything
    Master Demonologist: 10% physical reduction with a voidy

Those are already 41% damage reduction to Physical damage... And also have:

Demonic Aegis + Demonic Armor -> lets say an extra 25% physical damage reduction due to armor
    Voidwalker Sacrifice+ Improved Voidwalker -> ~10k damage absorbed
    Demonic Embrace+ Fel Vitality -> Extra HP

And also Metamorphosis for extra armor for a limited amount of time

I just wna ask this. Is if you specc something similar: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...0&version=9901 can melee classes even have a chance vs you :P?

Re: Physical Damage reduction

1vs1 no ..(rogue yes)
    2vs2 yes

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mermeoth
    1vs1 no ..(rogue yes)
    2vs2 yes
    ok thanks for answer.... might aswell stay destro then :/

and we still get insta gimbed with 900 resil lol

15+ Year Old Account

41% damage mitigation means nothing when "kill the warlock first" is a strategy every smart player uses (because it works, and stops the warlock from doing much of anything useful)

Also, talk to shamans. When they stop getting instagibbed, this amount of damage reduction will help too.

R.I.P. YARG

41% damage mitigation MEANS NOTHING. when the vw has no resil and AS MUCH HP AS SUCCUBUS.
    not to mention vw is only SEMI useful in pvp. he has NO utility also to get all of that mitigation you need to sacrifice alot of your damage and strength against casters. put simply in order to have all that anti-melee we lose alot of the ability we use to fight casters. and even WITH all if that if the vw dies it means nothing at all. i suppose i could sit there and health funnel my vw for the entire fight while getting heals on us both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

Nobody PvPs getting Master Demonologist. You either go Affliction to Haunt or Destruction to Chaos Bolt and both just go deep enough into Demonology for Soul Link, Fel Domination with Destro usually picking up Improved Succubus.

Picking up that 10% physical damage reduction talent via the Voidwalker would cripple the damage you could and need to do in arenas. Perhaps it will be fun for BGs but even then I don't think so.

As it has been stated aside from soloing or doing dailies the Voidwalker (even with the shield) has limited uses. Possibly helpful in arenas for an 8k shield in the beginning of the match but still I don't use this nor do I see it often.

15+ Year Old Account

I look at it this way, for Destruction:

1) Eventually, Seduce nukes stop working.
    2) Felhunter has anti-caster properties, but with a double dps team you get the same thing out of Nether Protection (eat one dot vs 30% less damage from most dots? i think it works out.), Shadowfury (silence/interrupt), etc. and is therefore of limited extra use.
    3) Therefore, you have the imp (LOL) or the voidwalker, who with talents has a 10k shield at the expense of some health.

HE'S GOING TO DIE ANYWAYS. Use him while you can. He is also good at keeping healers in combat, and if a rogue pops vanish, hit consume shadows and try to stop that next sap/cheap shot.

Plus, he has a lot more avoidance/mitigation than the succubus. Maybe we should be petitioning blizzard to add dodge to the voidwalker, or a built in 10% miss rate on him due to his shadowy form.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    I look at it this way, for Destruction:

1) Eventually, Seduce nukes stop working.
    2) Felhunter has anti-caster properties, but with a double dps team you get the same thing out of Nether Protection (eat one dot vs 30% less damage from most dots? i think it works out.), Shadowfury (silence/interrupt), etc. and is therefore of limited extra use.
    3) Therefore, you have the imp (LOL) or the voidwalker, who with talents has a 10k shield at the expense of some health.

HE'S GOING TO DIE ANYWAYS. Use him while you can. He is also good at keeping healers in combat, and if a rogue pops vanish, hit consume shadows and try to stop that next sap/cheap shot.

Plus, he has a lot more avoidance/mitigation than the succubus. Maybe we should be petitioning blizzard to add dodge to the voidwalker, or a built in 10% miss rate on him due to his shadowy form.
    I'm pretty sure that all of the Warlock's minions have the same avoidance. The Voidwalker does have much higher armor true. The problem is, for me, most comps will fall with the help of a Succubus which is why I roll with her. When I go into an arena and realize it's double melee I don't usually have time to summon the Voidwalker even if I wanted to. The only arena map I could imagine having time to consistently get a new demon out is in Blade's Edge.

What would REALLY help is if Soul Link still transferred damage to the minion while shielded. Using Sacrifice is great but it's 8k-11k of damage that's absorbed which is cake for dual melee to dish out. If 20% (or 25% if glyphed) was sent to the Voidwalker while this was active it would really help IMO.

Also I wish MS and Wound Poison only applied to healing spells. For example, when my Rogue and I enter an arena with a Warrior and a Rogue my Healthstone and Endless Health Potion are really useless. Healing reducing abilities should honestly only target abilities rather than consumables IMO. I had a Healthstone crit in arena with such an effect on me and it healed me for ~2k. Useless to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by geonexus
    41% damage mitigation MEANS NOTHING. when the vw has no resil and AS MUCH HP AS SUCCUBUS.
    not to mention vw is only SEMI useful in pvp. he has NO utility also to get all of that mitigation you need to sacrifice alot of your damage and strength against casters. put simply in order to have all that anti-melee we lose alot of the ability we use to fight casters. and even WITH all if that if the vw dies it means nothing at all. i suppose i could sit there and health funnel my vw for the entire fight while getting heals on us both.
    sadly true

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkis2001
    Also I wish MS and Wound Poison only applied to healing spells. For example, when my Rogue and I enter an arena with a Warrior and a Rogue my Healthstone and Endless Health Potion are really useless. Healing reducing abilities should honestly only target abilities rather than consumables IMO. I had a Healthstone crit in arena with such an effect on me and it healed me for ~2k. Useless to say the least.
    I believe they removed the MS effect from drains, but a stone is a heal. I don't argue this.

R.I.P. YARG