Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Backwards Illumination Nerf Ability

Well, i have a friend that have 8 or 9 mp5 ulduar gear. I has 205 MP5. A disc priest without any mp5 have more than this. Any other class will have the double. Why? Because they have talents/skills for that. If they just make Illumination works with mp5 without givving any talent to scale mp5, we are dead. If they give us a talent with mp5, classes balances win again, and fun loses.

And yes, a 6 sec cooldown would completely kill the talent. We would be forced to cast a holy light every 6 sec, because you won't be able to afford losing mana with a crited flash of light.

As long as any changes keep us viable, I don't mind learning new ways to heal.

Figuring stuff out like that is fun for me.

There is no nerf in the future. I can 100% guarantee that. The soonest you will see a nerf is the next tier of dungeons. However, Blizzard has never said they intend to nerf us but would rather watch us for hard modes. Quite frankly, the way we are geared and gemmed is the only way we can really survive in hard modes. Stormbreaker last is the best example.

We will not get nerfed, and if we do blizzard never mentioned making illumination base off mp5...that was a player that suggested it.

Stop worrying, do like i'm doing and start grabbing all the mp5 gear just incase =)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Caean
    As long as any changes keep us viable, I don't mind learning new ways to heal.

Figuring stuff out like that is fun for me.
    If they do make MP5 an important part of Holy paladin gear it will probably end up like the high speed cluster #@$% that Haste is.

There will be a cap and you will have to juggle yet another stat and Holy paladin will end up being a Sea-Saw Balancing act just to be able to heal.

I am so glad i stopped working on my Paladin.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    They aren't nerfing it, they are changing the scaling so its not going to exceed a certain percentage of your mp5, So likely it will be a mechanic change increasing mp5 after you crit similar to spirit tap for priests when they crit with mind blast and SwD.
    How can so many people be so stupid?

SOME RANDOM PERSON SUGGESTED THIS IDEA. NOT BLIZZ. NOT GC. A NOBODY. IT IS NOT FACT. STOP SAYING IT WILL HAPPEN. YOU ARE CONFUSING THE OTHER RETARDS.

Edit for constructiveness:
    I don't think you'll see a nerf. I think Blizzard's long term plan is to merge mp5 and Spirit. And it doesn't make sense to make drastic changes to the Pally system just so you can make drastic changes again afterward.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    How can so many people be so stupid?

SOME RANDOM PERSON SUGGESTED THIS IDEA. NOT BLIZZ. NOT GC. A NOBODY. IT IS NOT FACT. STOP SAYING IT WILL HAPPEN. YOU ARE CONFUSING THE OTHER RETARDS.

Edit for constructiveness:
    I don't think you'll see a nerf. I think Blizzard's long term plan is to merge mp5 and Spirit. And it doesn't make sense to make drastic changes to the Pally system just so you can make drastic changes again afterward.
    The RAGE is strong withing you.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    Theres plenty of MP5 gear, look almost anywhere at any point in the game and you'll find some
    Besides the leveling Holy gear it mostly has mp5, most of the socketed blues have mp5
    Then I just looked the other way. Must be because I realised how poor it was early on (compared to other available stats).
    Yeah? Well, too bad. I did it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by altiris
    I like your idea, but instead of "Rain of Light" can we call it "Golden Showers"?
    Wait a second. ewwwwww lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    The RAGE is strong withing you.

No, no, no. See rage is a reactionary thing. How strong someones rage is should be based on how much the respond to the stimulus. If someone is shot and said "What the F*!@, that was rude" you wouldn't say they had a lot of rage, because it is proportional to the stimulus.

The problem isn't he has a lot of rage, it's that he's responding to a lot of stupid. His brain is simply responding an overwhelming level of stupid. It is a common problem on forums (especially these.)

Remember, if you see someone bleeding to death because they have been shot (in this case with a bullet of stupidity) to prevent a reoccurrence of the problem you shouldn't say "next time stop bleeding (being annoyed)." You should tell the other guy "next time, don't shoot people (act so insanely stupid.)"

Quote Originally Posted by YigiBareTank
    Well, this is possible i suppose but those examples that you made were examples of 2 spells that would never be used in ANY environment where mana is an issue.
    Throughput is not a problem of any sort for a pally, so the first one is no good, and the 2nd one just wouldn't be worth it either, you'd be better off just HLing a few times and get your mana back with it.
    IMO the only way to nerf illumination is to actually nerf it, though it is a sad thing for paladins, i think it is needed when pallies aren't looking at mana or mp/5 (which blizz wants them to) because they are just so efficient.
    Reading this comment could make everyone think that only pallies have never ending mana. Droods and priests arent getting OOM too.
    To have a good HL spamm rotation pallies need a lot of gear: relic + 4xt7 + grypho + 5 talent points + lots of crit gear, so we can compensate the coast of it.
    Are all others classes so dependante of gear like pallies? i guess the answer is no.
    So, why crit regen from pallies are so persuited? i dunno.

Make exorcism and AOE spell again only useable in PVE, and either make it pick 5 targets in 10-15yd range to either do damage or heal the target. Put it on a 30s CD as well.

Or make it AOE in PVE and have a talent in holy tree that enables it to heal up to x targets in y range 30s CD again.

Quote Originally Posted by thepally
    Make exorcism and AOE spell again only useable in PVE, and either make it pick 5 targets in 10-15yd range to either do damage or heal the target. Put it on a 30s CD as well.

Or make it AOE in PVE and have a talent in holy tree that enables it to heal up to x targets in y range 30s CD again.
    Change holy warth would fit better than exorcism.

Changing Holy Wrath would still have its problems, for 1 I use the undead side of it a pretty fair amount either in Naxx or soloing stuff
    Its also mildly useful for an oh shit button if you keep it under control enough to use it

Lol, "leet" posts xD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by thepally

an exorsism that heals ppl? thats a new 1