Thread: I Need Help

I Need Help

OK i need help i have some good gear in my oppinion (please check my armoury Spooked in shadowsong realm on eu servers) im fel Ember and stuck at around 3200 dps on raids. i dont havea huge amount of money as just paid 5k for epic flyer last night so im reluctant to change spec if it isnt gonna work and i need to pay to spec back considering its not just talents but glyphs too...i am going to ulduar 10 tongiht my guild is currently only 2/14 but we exepct to get kologarn down tonight...any advice is the destro spec gonna help me? have i reached the pinnacle thats fel ember has to offer? is my gear and stats good enough to pull off deep destro? all important questions to me and i trust your guys judgement
    Freindship is like peeing yourself, Others can see it but only you get the warmth that it brings.
    ______

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&cn=Spooked

Re: I Need Help

Freindship is like peeing yourself, Others can see it but only you get the warmth that it brings.
    ______

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t37900-d...arlock_thread/

Read, learn and then change your spec if you want to do top DPS.

And don't forget to enchant your boots and gloves...

I dont want this to come across as noobish as i am a good player, i played for a very longtime (not a warlock tho) the elitist jerks baffle me with numbers and i have a hard time understanding what they say so any simplified advice would be apreciated.

Please dont flame me it isnt my fault
    ______

Well if you want something simple you won't top the charts... but anyway, here is the summary:
    - use this spec: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#Irx0buMAoVA0IktZE00V (3 points where you want)
    - use this priority list :

1 Haunt
    2 Corruption
    3 Curse of Agony
    4 Unstable Affliction
    5 Drain Soul @ <25% HP
    6 Shadow Bolt

Open a fight with this rotation : Haunt->Shadow Bolt->Corruption->Unstable Affliction->Curse of Agony
    Then stick to the priority list.

Stack spellpower whenever you can. Hit (until cap) becomes better than spellpower somewhere between naxx 25 and ulduar 25 gear level.

15+ Year Old Account

It might help us out if you posted your main class before now. Warlocks are a bit tricky to master due to the reliance on DOTs. For example, if you played a Rogue before, we could explain dot mechanics using Rupture as a parallel.

The basics: Let your dots expire - if you recast early, you're clipping. This means the last tick of your previous spell is lost and the next tick is in 3 seconds. Also, use a priority system - you have about 6 buttons to press and you must make sure that you press them in this order. The poster above me has it right, but I'll give an example:

1 Haunt - Cast this every single time you can without cancelling your current cast.
    2 Corruption - Haunt refreshes this spell, so once its up it should stay up.
    3 Curse of Agony - If haunt is on cooldown and corruption is happily ticking away, you cast this spell
    4 Unstable Affliction - If Haunt is on cooldown, and corruption and curse of agony are happily ticking away, you cast this spell.

etc.

Warlocks have no "rotation" - we're a priority system that blizzard silently prides themselves on. Other classes have to proc watch (Shaman, Boomkin, Warrior) and others have a static rotation to follow all the time (Mage, Rogue, Death Knight, Paladin).

R.I.P. YARG

in BC i was BM hunter spamming steady shot wanted more of a challange in Wrath so leveld lock got more than i bargained for but investied too much time and money to quit now plus i love it.

I dont wanna Be top i just wanna do better dps than 3200 in uldaur and i think it may be impossible to get higher than that from fel ember but i could be wrong so looking for advice not just for affliction but for me in general. also hovering more around deep destro than aff as i heard as of 3.1.2 its better than aff?
    ______

15+ Year Old Account

3200 as FG Ember in ulduar is pretty decent, depending on your gear level. 25 or 10 man?

Basically, if you are standing still, you are wasting time. When you were a BM hunter on the move, arcane shot was a waste of mana, but you still cast it while moving because it was something you could do. Same thing with Warlocks. As FG Ember, you cast your dots then spam your steady shot equivilent. Lifetap when you have to move. I use a mod to track incoming heals and their size - if the size will result in an overheal, i stopcasting and life tap to get more mana and stay top health.

R.I.P. YARG

its 10 man but i just found 2 things i wasnt doing one of them highlighted by you. firstly my dots..unlike you so far i use this rotation...CoD/Ele Corr Immo LT then spamm incin untill a dot wore off however if say corruption wore off but immo hadnt id still fresh them both clipping the dot...

Second thing is the warlock execute or decimation. i was doing incin incin SF incin incin SF and reapt....but i just read this...(change the SB to Incin)

MUST BE AT MAX DISTANCE TO DO THIS!!!

Phantasos casts Shadowbolt(1) - (travel time)
    Phantasos casts Shadowbolt(2) - (travel time)
    Shadowbolt(1) hits the target - DECIMATION(1) PROCCS
    Phantasos casts Soul Fire (Decimation(1) is consumed) - (travel time)
    Shadowbolt(2) hits the target - DECIMATION(2) PROCCS
    Phantasos casts Shadowbolt(3) - (travel time)
    Phantasos casts Soul Fire (Decimation(2) is consumed - travel time
    Shadowbolt(3) hits the target - DECIMATION(3) PROCCS
    Phantasos casts Shadowbolt(4) - travel time
    Phantasos casts Soul Fire (Decimation(3) is consumed - travel time
    Shadowbolt(4) hits the target - DECIMATION(4) PROCCS
    etc, etc, etc.

hopefull with these changes my dps will improve also was using glyph of immo instead of glyph of incin
    ______

15+ Year Old Account

depending on the boss, you should see a 200-800 dps increase.

NOTE: you said 10 man. You are missing valuable caster buffs in this setup. For example, in a minimilistic setup, you would need:
    Boomkin (13% damage, crit aura, hit debuff)
    Another warlock or Mage (5% crit)
    Paladin (kings for fel armor)
    Ele Shaman (flat spell power buff)

And that's at a minimum (the most important ones anyways). Don't forget that your FG could be missing the melee buffs (if your raid even buffs pets).

R.I.P. YARG