Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Warriors - How to kill a:

Quote Originally Posted by HDawg187
    OP updated.

Any tips against resto druids ro holy priest/pala?

They're probably hard to beat when played by a decent player.. but is there anything you can tell us to give you the edge against someone who's not so good?

What would you do if you were in a battleground and some bellend of a druid comes up and does a few moonfires on you and you can see that he's resto?

Any tips greatly appreciated.
    Druids arent very hard to beat, they will never do enough dmg before they either go oom or are dead themselfs
    all they can do is kite you around, if you see him using Nature's Grasp, stop hitting and pop Spell reflect, then hit him, you can also use heroic throw, when hes out of range, it will also reflect and get him rooted = shapeshifting = mana burning.
    this Duel is pretty much a case of ooming him out or taking him low enough to finish him off
    this is usually what i do, once hes around 10-20% he will probly start spamming nourish, you can shield bash it, when the silence is close to over, intercept(dont bother waiting for pummel, cause his next cast will probly be instant), aoe fear, then charge, and finish it, keep him occupied and dont allow him to CC you, so keep pressure up all the time

you can always try to shield slam his innervate away, other then that, keep MS up aaaall the time, MS > execute
    even when hes at 10% hp, he can easily outheal a execute if your MS isnt applied.

in Arena, do not, i repeat, DO NOT tunnel vision a resto druid, he would drag your ass across the room for ages
    the key to any druid team is target switching, keep the pressure up on both.
    attack the druid, until the druid is fully hotted and/or running away, switch to the other opponent, that way the druid has to keep renewing HoTs, making him oom faster and when he's focussed on healing, he will do almost no CC
    put the druid as your focus target, when you see him casting cyclone or root, just spellreflect it asap
    keep the pressure up, forcing the team into either a defensive mode, or a dead mode

-
    hmm, you cant win vs holy paladins, theres almost no way to prevent his dmg from being done to you,
    all you gotta do is bash him up as hard as possible and keep MS/rend up.
    i guess the same tactic as a druid, keep pressure up as hard as possible to force him into healing instead of dpsing.
    if the paladin is any good he can keep himself up with only instant heals, i would say bladestorm early, just go all out, enrage regen after bladestorm is over.

same on paladin teams in arena, keep pressure up as hard as possible, so once again, dont tunnel vision a paladin, with BoF running around a pillar, just switch to the other target, and when he gets back into LoS to heal, you can charge him again and keep pressuring him.

-
    Holy priests in a duel goes for the same as all the above, Pressure leads to healing, wich means no dmg, cept from reflecting shields, wich hurt... alot >.<
    id say, charge/intercept as much as possible to occupie him, and keep MS/rend up once again.
    you can choose to either spellreflect at the start of the fight in your charge to reflect one of his dots, or save it to spellreflect a holy fire, since HF does alot of dmg. switch berserker stance to intercept him when hes at 60-50% hp, at this point he will probly penance, you can pummel it before you change back to battle stance. get some distance and charge again, he will use pain surpression while you bladestorm. keep shield bash for a penance at low hp, and repeat the charge/intercept cycle Silence for 6seconds -> charge stun for 1.5sec -> intercept stun for 3sec, by then your pummel is close to being of cd, so you could pummel the next cast before you switch back to battle stance

There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

nice stuff there powell but yeah alot of these one v ones are gonna be losses unless alot of these classes are doing their impressions of target dummies you really have to get lucky alot of the time with your timings to beat these guys where as they dont coz they can heal they can cc alot better and stealth and bubble and pierce damage burst through our armor.

but yeah your uses for abilities are very good.
    in arena all of these most of these one one issues go away and so all these tips are very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by cryogenic
    nice stuff there powell but yeah alot of these one v ones are gonna be losses unless alot of these classes are doing their impressions of target dummies you really have to get lucky alot of the time with your timings to beat these guys where as they dont coz they can heal they can cc alot better and stealth and bubble and pierce damage burst through our armor.

but yeah your uses for abilities are very good.
    in arena all of these most of these one one issues go away and so all these tips are very helpful.
    cheers =)
    heres another tactic vs Holy paladins in arena
    Attack whomever doesnt have Sacred shield
    if the pala has it on him, go for his partner, if he puts it on the partner, switch to the pala
    this tactic is 99% pure win
    1st of all, if you dont hit the shielded target, the paladin wont gain the crit buff
    2nd, your damage wont get absorbed, so you can push for even more pressure, wich allows the paladin to spam heal an not drink
    3d, sacred shield costs mana, if he keeps re-applying it to the target you switch on, you will oom him out very fast
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

hmm, as far as dk goes i think this tatic vs them is best to charge in spell reflect up sword and board incase hes gonna try and death grip away your stun or hit you with some spells not only sword of boarding for the reflect but we are sword and boarding for the dispelling of bone shield espeially or other damage buff spells and horn of winter with this then demo shout and thunderclap and disarm if you like after this they have very very low damage losing about 1k ap and slowed attacks ithout disarm.
    For this guy having his pet is a bonus, after hes lost his shield you switch back weapons retaliation if you feel like it hit sweeping strikes and bladestorm to double up on hits with his ghoul friend this is generally devastating to any pet class and is my favourite thing to do if bladestorm is on cooldown cleave is also quite devastating to pet classes with sweeping strikes if a pet is on you its a huge boost to our rage and burst damage.
    We put up our MS to limit his healing and hamstring him so he doesn't just kite us with ease which really this only limits his kiting he still could if he wanted.
    If he's gonna kite us and bladestorm sweeping strikes doesnt get him down we are limited and we will likely die in that situation one on one but arena this isnt an issue.

Sacred shield is dispellable though ain't it really we can just go through the pally healer if we utilise all our pally busting abilities, sunder him up bash off his buffs freedom and shields shatter his bubble shield interupt his heal and then overpower his next.
    Our issue is as warriors we need to do alot more work then other classes and this means alot of key binds and alot of conditioning to get them right in our head.

I see no options vs a feral druid really if he changes bear early right after pouncle rake and rip are applied then applies his bear bleed stack mangle debuff plus maul will kill us one on one this will cause alot of damage in arena aswell but is healable but if you partner isnt quick you will be dead expecially if they charge stun and bash them and cyclone them.
    But if we survive this initial onslaught we will have by demo shouting and Tcing them one on one we won't win but if we limit their damage to us in arena we will then sunder them up bash off their thorns and marks and other buffs and go through them they really arent as hard to beat down one they are low and most of them don't go bear in arena and rely on their healer whih their defense is too weak to do.

Discipline Priest:
    Keep pressure on, have a macro ready for both Spell Reflect and Shield Bash, Overpower is better than MS on the Priest, as they need to be offensive to actually last; this can be hard as they do have quite a few Instant casts. They have armor as if they're wearing heavy leather, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem, and of their absorbs, you will still get rage for hitting them.

They will try to fake you out of a shield bash with either shadow spells, or stopcasting. If it's a shadow Spell, either a) take the hit, or b) Spell reflect it. Trinket Mind Control, when you run at them again be ready for their Fear.

The Discipline Priest does not have a sustainable mana pool, so maintained pressure and he'll start having to use cooldowns to keep going, that's where your Overpower comes in very nicely.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Warrior will never win Destro warlock.

Charge/seduce, immo/conflag/stunchaosbolt, seduce and get some incinirates in

yeah they have barely any chance at all they have far to much burst combined with crowd control there is something rather imbalanced about them really as even if one of those abilities are reflected or somehow you find yourself immune there is also death coil demonic circle and fear they can in 2 globals do 25k plus damage I'm not sure if this damage has been lowered but still there will be another CC.

Really it is only the bad players who took issue with juggernaught most classes can kite a warrior with relative ease destro lock is one of the classes quite powerful at it.
    basically one of the locks big spells needs to be reflected the warrior needs to have zerker rage up and basically need to trinket anything hes hit with.

That its ok for a class to have so much dominance over another is pretty absurd, but warriors tend to be on the bad side of that scale often where as rogues tend to be on the good side, anything with repeatable snares or multiple CCs tends to take a warrior out of the fight completely.
    A very good destro lock can kill a warrior resto druid combo on it's own that is kind of ridiculous where 1v1 imbalance is stretched that far

10+ Year Old Account

hello, destro lock here... good destrolock solo warr-tree combo??

yes, when crit happens we can output over 20k dmg in 2 gcd but on other side very good geared destro pvp have about 25~27% to crit against very good pvp eq warrior which makes -10~-12% crit and >25% crit dmg reduce. + plate have around 30% more stamina on equal armor. or you having blue pve equip or your druid is taking a leak at the moment...

about ridiculous things.. yes it's pretty ridiculous how warlock can smash things when they are at distance. i can say as ridiculous as warriors can smash things when theyre in range. we are equal in burst i would say, the break-point is in range. dont look at pvp through duels, in these prepared matches no meele can beat me because i would have the right pet, i would have teleport around, i would expect rogue, i know you wil charge MS rend intercept harmstring bladestorm me and i would be prepared to do anything to counter you. beauty of pvp is in unexpected things which only happens in bigger arenas 5v5 or 3v3 sometimes or for best result, queue for BGs which are full of surprise

Sorry about the delay in updating. I was AFK for a week.

Thanks for all the awesome replies. I have updated the original post with the new information.

Keep 'em coming.

Quote Originally Posted by velourea
    how to kill any tanking specced class: hope they don't know how to play.
    Pft. I only loose to great prot paladins. The rest are stupid easy, unless there is a prot warrior with skills greater than mine around
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara