CoE bug: Not affected by +hit?

Anyone notice how it's especially hard to land CoE on a class with generally high shadow resist (Priest/Mage) in PvP?

Typically have to cast CoE 2-4 times on one of those classes to get it to land. I have absolutely no problem getting any of my other spells shadow or fire to land on those same classes (I have 12-13% +hit). In fact I cant remember the last time any of my spells other than CoE got resisted in PvP. And CoE gets resisted TONS.

I don't know if this applies to any other curse or on PvE bosses since I pretty much only use CoE on PvP and on PvE I don't use any curses.
    FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Re: CoE bug: Not affected by +hit?

Get Spell Pen.

Fornicis

Thats because they probably have spell resistance which is not taken down by hit but spell penetration

Quote Originally Posted by Sindershock
    I have 12-13% +hit...
    now stacking so much hit for pvp is something new >.<

anyway - get at least offhand + wand for spell pen and it should be bit better.
    "Raiding is hard. Sometimes there is a fire. You have to not be in the fire"

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstop
    now stacking so much hit for pvp is something new >.<

anyway - get at least offhand + wand for spell pen and it should be bit better.
    Cuz I was using my PvE gear.

Also, if spell pen was the issue than why are all my other spells not having the resist problem? It's ONLY CoE.

15+ Year Old Account

Because once you finally land COE it applies the spell pen ability. All subsequent casts land no prloblem.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Because once you finally land COE it applies the spell pen ability. All subsequent casts land no prloblem.
    I don't use CoE on all my targets. I basically only use it when I have time like when it's 1v1.

When there's multiple people attacking my target I just try to burst them down also with lime an Immo --> conflag. And I always cast corruption before CoE especially on Rogues/Druids. Never had a problem with those resisting.

You guys should test it out for yourselves and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindershock
    Anyone notice how it's especially hard to land CoE on a class with generally high shadow resist (Priest/Mage) in PvP?

Typically have to cast CoE 2-4 times on one of those classes to get it to land. I have absolutely no problem getting any of my other spells shadow or fire to land on those same classes (I have 12-13% +hit). In fact I cant remember the last time any of my spells other than CoE got resisted in PvP. And CoE gets resisted TONS.

I don't know if this applies to any other curse or on PvE bosses since I pretty much only use CoE on PvP and on PvE I don't use any curses.
    Priests have a shadow resistance buff which will put them (and any party/raid members) at 130 shadow resistance so of course its gonna take a few casts to land, but when it does all shadow spells can not be resisted (unless there are any other resistances invoved).

As for mages they can decurse so your wasting your time anyway, besides the fact they dont have any inbuilt in shadow resistance so CoE isnt gonna make any difference. As a mage id be quite happy for you to put CoE on me as it means you cant put a DOT curse (CoA) on me.

COE is only really useful for nullifying a priests buff and MotW. I cant comment on how it would work prior to a rogues CloS but again i wouldnt bother applying it as its extremely likely he will have 0 Shadow resistance anyway and for the sake of 5 secs, dont bother.

And dont bother getting spell pen either, especially not for the sake of one spell, CoE.