Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: 3.1.3 - paladin nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaduckiee
    Eye for an Eye aint that great, even in PvP.
    Hand of Freedom..meh 4 seconds off aint too too bad I suppose.
    The 4 seconds off is pretty damn bad, thats like them reducing the charge range till 8 to 12 yards.

but really the only reason i see for this change is We may be receiving a gap closer soon, and having a 10 sec hand of freedom and a gap closer would be op. so don't get pissed off guys their may be light at the end of the tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonak
    And for anyone who says "We need burst damage because we cant interrupt or silence our target" really doesn't know how to play a Paladin effectivly.
    Wait what? How do we kill a target without an interrupt, silence or doing large amounts of damage? I'm sorry, but seriously, thats not a l2p issue...its just not possible, maybe against a target that can't heal, but...its already hard enough to kill a healer, and i have Arcane torrent, you think removing the burst and giving nothing in return is fair? Burst isn't needed to kill anything, so lets make everyone hit for 1000, and you don't want interrupts and silences, so lets remove them too, and ofc MS effects...lets see how hard it is for other classes yeah?

I'm really struggling actually, since your this amazing ret pala, how would you go about killing, hmm lets say a resto druid, without burst...so everything hits for 3k (crit or not) without any interrupts or silences. Hammer of justice is on a 40 second CD and you can't repent because of tree form, Oh and no arcane torrent as thats a silence and racial....GO

Edit: Oh btw, warriors have 2/3 x gap closer, 75% healing reduction and interrupts.
    Druids have burst, 2x gap closer, (can heal) and an interrupt (maim, 10 second CD).
    Rogues, 50% healing reduction, doesn't need a gap closer rofl and kick.
    Shamans: Totems, burst and guess what!? AN INTERRUPT OH
    Dk: Burst, COI, the fantastic Death Grip AND AGAIN AN INTERRUPT FANCY THAT

Out of that list, we only have burst...and you want to remove that too without giving an interrupt, MS effect, slowing (daze...come on?) or gap closer. So basically, you want to walk into a BG and see a ret pala standing there, /rofl and kill him yeah? Wait i remember those days *shivers*

15+ Year Old Account

(imagine all caps)
    I got the fix to all your problem!!
    (insert rolling thunder)
    Dont PvP!
    or
    just stop playing wow, it isnt worth the 17$ anymore
    since everything can be nerfed, destroyed or changed by only QQing
    why i am still here...
    /die

QQing about the change on here is really a bad idea, I mean think about it and the course of blizzard, when they take they usually provide "usually" is used very liberally because they have taken alot and not given back. But their is that big 3.2 change just chill till then, and help for good changes.

Oh, stop crying. This is nothing compared to the Warrior nerfs.

Well at least u still have a wtfpwnd burst dont worry

Quote Originally Posted by PremiumTax
    The 4 seconds off is pretty damn bad, thats like them reducing the charge range till 8 to 12 yards.

but really the only reason i see for this change is We may be receiving a gap closer soon, and having a 10 sec hand of freedom and a gap closer would be op. so don't get pissed off guys their may be light at the end of the tunnel.
    Shh! Dont show the optimism! They'll tie you to a stake and set you on fire!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Mazinger
    Oh, stop crying. This is nothing compared to the Warrior nerfs.
    I'll trade my hand of freedom for your MS.

agreed xD but warriors die alot hehe
    on that note though i think dks+druids are op in arenas amount of dk/druids i come across where ur trying to hit a dk tank and its like immune immune parry dodge in that time u have just lost 50% hp class cracks me up! then u have druids that can not die its like wtb mortal strike or something they just non stop heal to full health while the dk is ripping ur partner to pieces in the matter of seconds with there interupts and *silence* .... cant paladins get some sort of purge or MS buff. its long awaited every other melee class has 1 ^^ so many ways to improve paladins and get rid of half the crap we dont need.

warrior = free HK

Quote Originally Posted by TDWP
    warrior = free HK
    1v1 maybe

And if he's bad maybe

Quote Originally Posted by PremiumTax
    ...so don't get pissed off guys their may be light at the end of the tunnel.
    "Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel
    Is just a freight train coming your way"

I really like this song...

Paladin Tears?

Bouhahah

p.s : See ya in arenas , and yes im a rogue.

15+ Year Old Account

HAHAHA TAKE THAT SUCKERS!!!!

Im a Rogue btw ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Quote Originally Posted by MAXCAVALERA
    Paladin Tears?

Bouhahah

Lol. You're a dick.
    __

I bet the nerf of HoF was because giving it to a DK/Warrior/Rogue in Arena 2's or 3's was overpowering. That's only with a Paladin healer. Now as for Ret Paladins, huge nerf considering most classes can slow up the ass and we got nothing to close that gap besides the 25 second cooldown HoF. Eye for an Eye nerf, this was probably from the Rogue's on a two's team without a healer and was QQ'in from crazy damage they do, they shouldn't get hurt, they should just kill you with 100% hp in 5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXCAVALERA
    Paladin Tears?

Bouhahah

I'll try but it's mostly likly going to be your corpse, see you don't tend to live much longer than a gcd if I look at you, even with a priest.

Oh and the 'paladin tears' just shows your annoyed by rets. Don't worry though, I'm sure deep down you know it's not eye for an eye that really kills you, and that I'm still going to freedom your kidney....and before you can vanish your on the floor, qq more please.

Quote Originally Posted by Saurus
    What would be nice would be Heroic Leap - for pallies .... i mean after all - didnt that Paladin use it vs Arthas in the Deathknight quest?

WTB Heroic Leap
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TDWP
    warrior = free HK
    Charge + Hamstring + Bladestorm = free HK

EDIT:

HoF needed a nerf, but Chillbains is TOTALLY balanced, amirite?

I can see the justification, backwards as it is.

Blizzard tried to nerf every melee's method of getting and sticking to a desired target, the problem is, most classes have more than one, and Ret doesn't. We're just screwed.

Rogues, unless they were good, bounced off of Ret and paid for it more heavily than the Ret did, and Blizzard WANTS the OP 2s combo of Disc/Rogue to be unchallengeable by mundane comps, and any comp that includes a Ret Paladin is in fact, mundane. Ret is NOT SUPPOSED TO REACH HIGH TIER ARENA IN 2S. Stick to 3s where you might be given a fair shot.

This is just evidence that rated Battlegrounds are coming soon, it's not fair how badly Retribution dominates teamless BGs where there are no healers and no organization. The ONLY environment where Ret actually thrives, and isn't at or near the bottom of the barrel. It sure as hell isn't ret's dominating the arena that's causing nerfs.

It's also conceivable that in 3.2, Ret will be given the tools required to succeed in real Arena, and not be limited to the <1700 ratings.

First of all excuse my bad english. (i hope it`s not that bad^^)

Kk more nerfs, thats fine with me, i already played Ret in Burning Crusade, theres nothing that can stop me from playing this class. And fewer retpaladins mean less qq from people without resilience getting oneshotted in bgs. Its so funny, that we were able to oneshot clothies in Burning Crusade, and nobody cared because we were so few. ^^