Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    lol at chaos bolt

    Right so in TBC when they introduced the 51 point talents, alot of complains were made about chaos bolt, i think we all remember the changes that went through... First off ignoring all immunities and absorbtion effects.. that got nerfed quite fast... then we got the mental chaotic mind buff from it, which got removed quite fast... then it got buffed in dmg... nerfed massively in dmg and buffed up to the orginial dmg again... so basically it went to being a fast cast incinerate that dealt heavy dmg, good for pvping to pierce absorbs and finish off those annoying disc priests, pretty decent for pve due to the lower cast time and ignoring mobs absorbs.... So what does blizzard choose to do now.. remove the ignoring of dmg reduction of a target.. so there you have it, it is now a glorified incinerate...

  2. #2

    Re: lol at chaos bolt

    Damn I'm dumb for not knowing exactly what they mean in their wording, so I'll ask. Ok, so It will still pierce through AMS and Deterrence, but will hurt less against Dispersion correct? Just as an example.

  3. #3

    Re: lol at chaos bolt

    yeah I guess it will still go through shield and stuff, but if the target have say Pain suppression, the dmg will be lowered by 40%
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

  4. #4

    Re: lol at chaos bolt

    I too am confused by this. I'm guessing Chaos Bolt will still penetrate Ice Barrier, Power Word: Shield and CloS but will have it's damage reduced if Pain Suppression, Dispersion and Barkskin are active... pretty lame if you ask me.

    What's so special about Chaos energy now?

    Any ideas about Anti-Magic Shell? Doesn't that technically reduce damage by 75%? :'( I really hope not!

  5. #5

    Re: lol at chaos bolt

    don't worry guys! WE STILL GOT FEAR! remember that? every time i say anything negative about pvp i am met with the same reply "WHY DON'T YOU FEAR SPAM THEM?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

  6. #6
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,398

    Re: lol at chaos bolt

    I think AMS is in a special case of its own.. It's a % reduction, but has a cap, so it sort of 'absorbs'. Which it will count for is hard to say. It really -needs- to be piercable, but oh well.

    Realistically, this seems to just show that CB is apparently not a balanceable mechanic as it is. It has too many jobs.. Piercing mechanics while doing heavy damage? Hmm.

  7. #7
    Grunt Vereku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    16

    Re: lol at chaos bolt

    This is a REALLLY dumb nerf, buffing two classes who do NOT need it (read: Priests and DKs). What is the reasoning behind this? If Blizzard is intending on this making it to live servers, they better have a backup when it falls on it's face, buff the damage more or some unheard of buff.
    www.ZugLife.com

    <Zug Life> of Cho'gall

    Always looking for exceptional raiders for 25man Hardmode content.

  8. #8

    Re: lol at chaos bolt

    So Blizzard admits that there is a bias against casters and that they want to do something about it. And yet all we see is a steady stream of nerfs to caster classes.

    Blizz seems like the policeman who doesn't want to let one crime go unpunished just because one got away...except the other person never gets caught. So I guess Blizzard leaps at all the easy nerf caster abilities and let's the dks, paladins and warriors run amok.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

  9. #9

    Re: lol at chaos bolt

    ok so healers don't have too keep in mind anything! oow whats that? i get stunned? lol np pain supression, same with other healers. I am sick of how healers get treated like gods and dps classes gets treated like shit.

    They nerf chaos bolt so that it doesn't ignore PS, Barkskin and similair talents that reduce damage.

    WOW! i am sure healers needed that, look at priest sitting at 29% representation and ToL at 28%. Poor warlocks needed this change with their 2%

    If warlocks don't get survivability buffs to compensate for this it will be game over


    Rogue community: the thing that makes us OP is a combination of 130 energy and overkill, not mutilate damage.

    Ghostretard: Nah, we'll cut the balls off mutilate, lawl

    Rogue community:...................

    Ghostretard: We're happy where rogues are in PvP

    Ghostretard: Wait, NM we'll also nerf overkill now and give you absolutely no fucking compensation while deathtards and retnubs still do gross amounts of damage with better defensive capabilities.

  10. #10

    Re: lol at chaos bolt

    Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius
    If warlocks don't get survivability buffs to compensate for this it will be game over
    survivability buffs? what was that thing they did with void walkers sacrifice again? wasn't that a survivability buff? nope that totally wasn't

    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

  11. #11

    Re: lol at chaos bolt

    Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius
    I am sick of how healers get treated like gods and dps classes gets treated like shit.
    Yeah to much burst is bad and ultra-fast fixed!
    But too much survability is fine ;D

    I guess it's because burst kills peoples -> they feel the need to QQ, when huge survability.. well it doesn't kill anyone.

    That's cultural... the guy who kill is the bad one and the guy who heal is a good fellah.
    The good fellah has to be better than the bad guy or it would hurt morality! :P
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

  12. #12

    Re: lol at chaos bolt

    Quote Originally Posted by qae
    Yeah to much burst is bad and ultra-fast fixed!
    But too much survability is fine ;D

    I guess it's because burst kills peoples -> they feel the need to QQ, when huge survability.. well it doesn't kill anyone.

    That's cultural... the guy who kill is the bad one and the guy who heal is a good fellah.
    The good fellah has to be better than the bad guy or it would hurt morality! :P
    this whole retarded high damage and healing is bullshit, i got healed for 18K by a pala... seriously nerf damage of all classes by 20% (some 40% like rets) and reduce healing by 40%. Buff dps survivabilty, revert CC nerfs. bring back skill.


    Rogue community: the thing that makes us OP is a combination of 130 energy and overkill, not mutilate damage.

    Ghostretard: Nah, we'll cut the balls off mutilate, lawl

    Rogue community:...................

    Ghostretard: We're happy where rogues are in PvP

    Ghostretard: Wait, NM we'll also nerf overkill now and give you absolutely no fucking compensation while deathtards and retnubs still do gross amounts of damage with better defensive capabilities.

  13. #13

    Re: lol at chaos bolt

    Oh look, a lock nerf! Who would have thought.. but yes I guess it's kinda wrong to other classes that locks do damage so this was justified nerf for sure. The next CB "balancement" will make the spell blow out a big fart sound, make the caster dance in one spot for one minute with all spells and abilites disabled, lower the HP to 1 and blink a giant text above the casters' head "ONE SHOT FOR FREE HONORS LULZ". That would be proper chaos.. But maybe our awesome Molten Skin talent with whopping 6% damage reduction will make all the difference and give us the break. /snigger

    Quote Originally Posted by Piscesthepally
    survivability buffs? what was that thing they did with void walkers sacrifice again? wasn't that a survivability buff? nope that totally wasn't
    It was, my heart is bleeding now when you need 1 more hit to kill us. It's not fair.


  14. #14

    Re: lol at chaos bolt

    Quote Originally Posted by IP_switch
    Oh look, a lock nerf! Who would have thought.. but yes I guess it's kinda wrong to other classes that locks do damage so this was justified nerf for sure. The next CB "balancement" will make the spell blow out a big fart sound, make the caster dance in one spot for one minute with all spells and abilites disabled, lower the HP to 1 and blink a giant text above the casters' head "ONE SHOT FOR FREE HONORS LULZ". That would be proper chaos.. But maybe our awesome Molten Skin talent with whopping 6% damage reduction will make all the difference and give us the break. /snigger

    It was, my heart is bleeding now when you need 1 more hit to kill us. It's not fair.

    A sencible buff would be adding a 2 sec horror effect to chaos bolt imo and removing all HoT on target.


    Rogue community: the thing that makes us OP is a combination of 130 energy and overkill, not mutilate damage.

    Ghostretard: Nah, we'll cut the balls off mutilate, lawl

    Rogue community:...................

    Ghostretard: We're happy where rogues are in PvP

    Ghostretard: Wait, NM we'll also nerf overkill now and give you absolutely no fucking compensation while deathtards and retnubs still do gross amounts of damage with better defensive capabilities.

  15. #15
    Stood in the Fire Voltarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    376

    Re: lol at chaos bolt

    They admitted there is a problem with melee in arena, yet they nerf a caster....

  16. #16

    Re: lol at chaos bolt

    Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius
    A sencible buff would be adding a 2 sec horror effect to chaos bolt imo and removing all HoT on target.
    Nice, but too OP. 51 pointers are not meant to do anything special, atleast not in pvp. d:

  17. #17

    Re: lol at chaos bolt

    Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius
    this whole retarded high damage and healing is bullshit, i got healed for 18K by a pala... seriously nerf damage of all classes by 20% (some 40% like rets) and reduce healing by 40%. Buff dps survivabilty, revert CC nerfs. bring back skill.
    This^

  18. #18

    Re: lol at chaos bolt

    Quote Originally Posted by Piscesthepally
    survivability buffs? what was that thing they did with void walkers sacrifice again? wasn't that a survivability buff? nope that totally wasn't
    clueless ppl are clueless...
    "Raiding is hard. Sometimes there is a fire. You have to not be in the fire"

  19. #19

  20. #20

    Re: lol at chaos bolt

    Quote Originally Posted by Alrithe
    This^
    QFT

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •