The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Algalon kill video

Congrats man! You now have the right to qq about difficulty, unlike most who do anyway :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Logic is not Automatic, it can be denied.

hmm he dont appear to be too hard tbh.

from what I can see tactics are as follows.

Kite those Dieing Stars, they die for some 20k~ dmg, they spawn a portal and possibly are a void zone.

he Spawns some adds which do something like plasma blast, in the video it appears they didn't kill them so they either have very large hp, explode when killed or something like that.

When he begins Shadow Crash a Void like Area spawns and poeple must move out of it quickly as it kills anyone inside it and does raid wide AoE dmg no matter what.

When he begins to cast Big Bang use the portals created by the killed Dieing Stars, and run away from the ghosts in there(there are a lot of em and there dps is average), seems u are auto ported out after casting is finished

Hes melee dps seems to slightly high but not amazing. So 1 dedicated healer on tank should be gd with a little side healing, least in 10man

Overall it doesn't seem to difficult just a lot of Void like things u MUST run out of or do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.X
    Kite those Dieing Stars, they die for some 20k~ dmg, they spawn a portal and possibly are a void zone.

he Spawns some adds which do something like plasma blast, in the video it appears they didn't kill them so they either have very large hp, explode when killed or something like that.

When he begins Shadow Crash a Void like Area spawns and poeple must move out of it quickly as it kills anyone inside it and does raid wide AoE dmg no matter what.

When he begins to cast Big Bang use the portals created by the killed Dieing Stars, and run away from the ghosts in there(there are a lot of em and there dps is average), seems u are auto ported out after casting is finished
    "Just this" ?

You have a funny idea of "doesn't seem too hard".

kriS411

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    "Just this" ?

You have a funny idea of "doesn't seem too hard".
    What is so hard from you PoV then?
    "Doesn't seem too hard" is a term I would use for any encounter too, exceptions are Mimiron Hardmode 25, Alone in the Darkness Yogg 25 and possibly Algalon 25.

An befor you state "Why didn't YOU down him already then" - Sad fact that not every player in the my raid think and plays like that.

If it would be so hard, Algalon wouldn't be down already after a maximum of 7 hours of trys.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by kriS411
    An befor you state "Why didn't YOU down him already then" - Sad fact that not every player in the my raid think and plays like that.
    If you are so elite, I am sure a lot of guilds would love to have you in their raiding teams...

TBH the kill doesn't look that difficult, but videos normally fail at that. I'm sure there must be factors that can't be seen - enrage timers, killing order or positioning of void zones, time allowed to get out of danger zones, boss' melee damage or plain luck (like not be hit by the arcane barrage things after crash and die instantly). I'm sure the boss is difficult enough. Even more so in heroic.
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"

*Waits for Ensidia's 25man Algalon video*.
    Hope it wont be for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    If you are so elite, I am sure a lot of guilds would love to have you in their raiding teams...
    You can make all the goofy and snide comments you want, but he's right.

An enormous factor in whether something is achievable or not is hinged on people's perception of it. If something is deemed impossible, people approach it differently than if it's thought to be achievable. Just look at the "4 Minute Mile" (a running barrier long assumed to be impossible for the human body to surpass, but has since been conquered numerous times, and even had another 17 seconds shaved off it) for how perceptions of a challenge change how possible it is. So he's saying that he recognizes the fight is simplistic in nature, and just requires a decent amount of effort and focus from the raid force. And he's also admitting that he can't play for other people, so until they reach that same comfort zone, he's at their mercy.

Even his first post displays that he's given thought as to how the fight's mechanics work, what can be done to address them, how much healing the MT would required, what level of environmental awareness would be needed for the DPS... all any of that points to is someone who takes their time in-game with a grain of salt.

Nothing he said was 'elitist', and I'm getting tired of hearing that as a blanket term from baddies who can't accept that what content is out there really isn't as impossible as they perceive it. It was just a person acknowledging the facts, and accepting them, whereas you end up sounding like the pompous jackass tossing out labels.

I have maintanked Algalon in 10man and his swingtimer is less than one sec, around 0,5-0,9sec, he do insane burst damage and you need 3 HEALERS to heal just tank

Im not crying, saying ulduar and alagon are easy and shit, but that video seems a little dissapointing.

Plus on the warcraftmovies site, the creator of the video said hard mode mimiron was harder than this.

Im guessing the hard stuff was hard to see from video view.

Not just any spartan; John Halo Spartan.

Quote Originally Posted by Leipäkone
    I have maintanked Algalon in 10man and his swingtimer is less than one sec, around 0,5-0,9sec
    MH AA
    base damage : ~55k±3k, physical (regular melee attack table)
    base swing timer : 1 sec (affected normally by attack speed debuffs)

OH AA
    base damage : half of MH's base
    base swing timer : 1 sec

quantum strike
    cooldown : 3.5-4 sec; the (hits/timeframe) distribution peaks at ~3.6 sec
    initial usage : 10-15 sec after the pull

phase punch
    cooldown : 15-20 sec; the (hits/timeframe) distribution peaks at ~16 sec
    initial usage : 15-20 sec after the pull

other findings :
    • algalon has its so-called 'parry flag' disabled
    • QS seem to be heavily modded melee abilities (cannot be dodged or parried)
    • QS are completely unrelated to algalon's AAs; a QS will not delay an AA, nor will it be delayed by one (hence the bursts)
    • AAs themselves are un]

nota bene - these values are obtained from CL parses; take them with a grain of salt, as they're preliminary results (we need more consistent data samples in order to draw accurate conclusions)

Quote Originally Posted by Leipäkone
    he do insane burst damage (to the tank)
    it seems to be more of a luck issue
    - if RNG gods love you, things are fairly manageable
    - if RNG gods hate you (the tank is out of cooldowns/out of procs, and algalon decides to queue two AAs and a QS), the odds are grim; 30k bursts landing in less than 0.5 sec are not out of ordinary

I'm actually curious as to why they changed tanks for this kill vid.

In their First video, they had an unholy DK tank...but they only lasted about 30 seconds before the wipe. In this video they have a Feral druid. Does a druid pose a better chance against Algalons bursts? Or is that the first tank to log on?

Quote Originally Posted by Anononon
    I'm actually curious as to why they changed tanks for this kill vid.

In their First video, they had an unholy DK tank...but they only lasted about 30 seconds before the wipe. In this video they have a Feral druid. Does a druid pose a better chance against Algalons bursts? Or is that the first tank to log on?
    Phase punch stacks 5 times and after you get 5th stack you will go instantly into that another realm (were is those ghost mobs) so you need to change tank at some point