Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...

Re: Algalon-10 Man Kill Video by Underground Kosmonavts

Quote Originally Posted by Ares42
    You don't quite get it. The strategy needed to do this fight is pretty simple, but it's tuned to the point where you can't fuck up. Most groups have only had the possibility to play with him for 2-4 hours. Now it would probably take most of them 1+ hour to just learn the fight etc since they didn't have any guide or anything. How many well-tuned bosses have you killed after 1-3 hours of attempts ?

There's only 2 reasons why there's not a ton of Algalon kills going down atm, Firefighter (probably the only complex fight in Ulduar) and time-limit. Without those we would've probably seen 50+ 10man Algalon kills, and atleast 10 25man if he hadn't bugged. The fight is basically designed to make the time limit the challenge.

( http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ac...rees&gn=GLodge if you don't think I know what I'm talking about )
    I believe the number of summoned collapsing stars and the number of peoples make BIG difference in 25 men, and the strategy changes because it.

If you think it just as easy strat wise as 10 men I think you wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by nodwas
    Does a video being posted early really disturb the inner workings of the World so much that now everyone will walk through Ulduar?

I doubt it. To me it just looks like some people dont like to share the spotlight and that illicits only one response, who cares?
    This is what I'm seeing too.

To be honest, I didn't get much information from that video. It's quite obvious the hunter was doing a lot of work, involving two "planes" and what I assume to be floaty mobs, and also there's something like Gluth's Decimate attack. Other than that? Nope, not much.

Watching people do a fight and doing the fight yourself is completely different. I've seen doctors perform surgery on TV, does that mean I can now go out and operate on people? No, it does not.
    I've seen videos and programmes with people flying planes. Does this mean I can now go out and fly a plane? Again, no, it does not.
    Does watching this video of an Algalon kill mean I can now go out, get 9 (or 24) people and down him? Once more, no, it does not.

Stop QQing about this video. It doesn't explain the tacts to you, it doesn't give you an idea of the true numbers (You'd have to do your own research into the guild's members in that raid, see what the mit was and do a load of calculations to get an accurate idea of his damage). All it does is show you what the fight looks like, and a very rough idea of what the task of ONE DPS'er was.
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<

congratulations, I think I saw at least few starcallers who got it last night, well done... just imba video

Yes idd not like other bosses were on PTR and some guilds have an advantage over others at some bosses.

What is the name of that ui?

Quote Originally Posted by Tun
    Hahahaha fameseekers <3

Method-style attentionwhoring is awesome
    A lot of people have bashed Tun for this comment but I think he's right, they really shouldn't have released the video yet.

Funnily, the people bashing Tun here are the same people who are complaining about how WoW is too easy etc... yet they happily download the video and spoil the fight for themselves instead of figuring it out on their own. :

(What's even more funny, most of them aren't even close to reaching Algalon yet!)
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    A lot of people have bashed Tun for this comment but I think he's right, they really shouldn't have released the video yet.

Funnily, the people bashing Tun here are the same people who are complaining about how WoW is too easy etc... yet they happily download the video and spoil the fight for themselves instead of figuring it out on their own. :

(What's even more funny, most of them aren't even close to reaching Algalon yet!)
    I am one of the people who bashed tun for being an ass, he is talking about being fame seekers when he is in the biggest fame seeker guild of them all, i never once said wow is easy, i got no reason to say that atm, and no i am not close to algalon, but Hey he is an attention whore just as is his guild(read back on the quote someone posted of one of their members saying they wanted to be the first to release the mimiron hard mode video), sure they are good players on the "best guild" in the WoW universe, but just because someone beat them to the punch of a video(and thats not even 25) does not give him the right to insult others, who hell done a dam good job.
    Yes

can i just add....who the fuck are ensidia anyway?
    neither they nor their members have any control or right to this game nor the videos made of it. it seems like a case of `i wannas` to me.
    the fight is in a beautiful arena ,looks awesome.i cant wait to see it myself.
    i wont be there for another month or so i reckon but hey slowly slowly monkey n all that.

back on track nice work guys and ncie vid as i said before. keep up the good work and fuck ensidia , fuck em to hell . learn to have a bit of grace you pricks.
    LOL, look at this angry kid go. Sounds like someone is bleeding from the vagina today. I don't know what I said to piss you off like this, kid, but I do know you must have TONS of friends and a healthy social life with that personality!-(Sindershock)
    The hardcore players are happy with the difficulty (with the exception of Buzzkill, who seems to enjoy complaining)
    Plagued Proto-Drakes suddenly become "Slightly Infected Chicken Drakes", or "Last Nights Takeaway Drakes".chronalis
    `Trolls need locks, wtf. It only fucking makes the most sense.`

While im a massive Ensidia fanboy, i find this interesting

Ensidia "we wont be releasing the video until another guild has done it"

So another guild comes along and does it. *Expect Ensidia Movie any minute* - Which is fine ? right ? coz more than 1 guild has done it now

Undergound followed the same policy as Ensidia - wait till 2 guilds have done it, then release.....

All these Videos are actually killing PVE.... But if you release first, you get instant fame.

People watch the videos before they have even attempted the encounter... Boss Mods are already up-to-date by the time 90% of guilds hit the boss.

Sorry forgot to add.

Whats the difference between Ensidia's 'fame' and Method or anyone else's (like Underground).

Ensidia's fame comes from being world first. Not for releasing a movie first.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestgirl09
    Everyone saying how easy algalon is PLEASE.

2 guilds got him down in 10 man. Guilds that are the very best in the world. They did it in 25 man gear, thus not getting the 10 man achievement/title that you get for doing it in 10 man gear. So they overgear the encounter yet are still only 2 guilds to do it.

Majority of players of WoW and raiders of Ulduar will never even see Algalon 25 let alone kill it during Ulduars lifespan (before nerfs or better gear). Only a small percentage will ever kill him.

Stop whining about what people who are not you have done and go and do it yourselves.

Except you do realize that now all the "lagging" guilds who are just getting to algalon will now kill him in like 2-3 weeks instead of like 6-8.

I wish they hadn't released this as I find it a bit more fun to learn the fight yourself. However to maintain competitive with other guilds, I'll obviously be ripping this video apart for when we start Algalon this week.

What's done is done however.

I actually wonder if he's really that hard. I havent fought him, but at least on videos he looks pretty straight forward, more, Mimiron hardmode looks harder. Could someone with experience clarify if he's hard because he's hard or because you can only try him one hour each day (i think), not to mention kiling hardmode watchers to gain acces?

It's been said at least 4 times in this topic already - yes, he is hard, and not only due to 1 hour-per-reset, but because tank damage is very high and raid dps/damage doesn't leave room for a screw up on any part of the raid.