Chaos Bolt piercing Resiliance?

Was I the only one reacting on Ghostcrawlers statement that Chaos Bolt isn't affected by resiliance?

I'm pretty damn certain that Chaos Bolt is affected by Resiliance and the fact that the designers aren't aware of that just freaks me out. If you're uncertain yourself just think back when you played SotA where you crit Demolishers for 12-13k and then 20 seconds later you crit some random player for 8.5-9k.

Seriously, did we really get a nerf that wasn't even called for?

Btw. It's funny to read the threads here where everyone says "The nerf was needed, too OP to pierce through resilliance" when this isn't even the case.

/Pro

*EDIT*
    Seems they're on to something, sigh...

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/28/1736...esilience.html

Re: Chaos Bolt piercing Resiliance?

Quote Originally Posted by Proyouknow
    Was I the only one reacting on Ghostcrawlers statement that Chaos Bolt isn't affected by resiliance?

I'm pretty damn certain that Chaos Bolt is affected by Resiliance and the fact that the designers aren't aware of that just freaks me out. If you're uncertain yourself just think back when you played SotA where you crit Demolishers for 12-13k and then 20 seconds later you crit some random player for 8.5-9k.

Btw. It's funny to read the threads here where everyone says "The nerf was needed, too OP to pierce through resilliance" when this isn't even the case.

/Pro

*EDIT*

i am doing pvp for fun on my dk i have 850 res i was at frost presence and with bone shield on i took 13k chaos botl and then 2 shadow bolts for 8k each so yes at some points i was wondering if chaos bolt ignores ressilience

with just over 500 resilience (low, i know but i focus on pve and only play bg's occasionally) and a lock critted me for just above 10k (like 10.2k or something) with chaos bolt.
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedFate15
    since I'm a DK, I don't understand

Being a high end PvP-er I've never critted someone in Arenas för more than 10, unless it's a PvE-paladin healer (seen a few of those at high ratings) or a recklessness Warrior etc.

In Battleground I always crit for 2-4k more than in arenas. And yes, the scrubs deserve to be critted for that amount, get some gear nubs!

omg how can they be so stupid... chaos bolt dont ignore the resilence.. and after reading this is obviusly they make random changes without testing the charters..

i think be a wow developer is pretty funny u don't even need to do your work,maybe they play all day at soccer basket and have lots of fun,evry time is the happy hour for their.

i lost all respect for ghostcrowler...

@ghostcrowel: you should take your work more serius sir,i hope you will be fired

Quote Originally Posted by Proyouknow

/Pro

*EDIT*

Guys, it does ignore resilience. You do not no more about the game then the people who created it and have the code sitting in front of them. You think you are so all knowing and smart, but you are not. Blizzard MADE it ignore resilience, so of course they know that it does.

omg how can they be so stupid...
    When i read that first sentence i thought you were reffering to the OP until I read the rest of your post. Its mind-bogglingly stupid that someone would assume they know more about the mechanics of the game then the people who made the game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

chaos bolt don't ignore the resilence feel free to test it with a friend out of ogrimmar

and they havent made it for ignoring resilenece... that shoulded be a bug. ghostcrowler admitted to be wrong about it so...

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    Guys, it does ignore resilience. You do not no more about the game then the people who created it and have the code sitting in front of them. You think you are so all knowing and smart, but you are not. Blizzard MADE it ignore resilience, so of course they know that it does.

When i read that first sentence i thought you were reffering to the OP until I read the rest of your post. Its mind-bogglingly stupid that someone would assume they know more about the mechanics of the game then the people who made the game.
    You are seriously retarded, just because they made the game, they can make mistakes, and if you actually read the link you will easily see the testing a warlock made on a priest with 1000 resilience, and on a dummy, ie a PvE target with zero resilience.

Secondly, GC as always couldn't give an explenation on why these testings showed differently than what they told us, so get your facts right SCRUB.

really they dont take their work serius... he don't event test the things before to change them...

and he admitted to wrote the post without having any clue about it,this is crazy! what the hell they do on work?

15+ Year Old Account

stop fighting, GC answered now. it does NOT ignore resilliance. It WONT get changed other then the bug about it ignoring damage reduction talents.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    stop fighting, GC answered now. it does NOT ignore resilliance. It WONT get changed other then the bug about it ignoring damage reduction talents.
    Nah he just said that he isnt the one doing the testing so he is unsure. Cause, ya know, hes the community guy, not the tester
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by TankVX
    really they dont take their work serius... he don't event test the things before to change them...

and he admitted to wrote the post without having any clue about it,this is crazy! what the hell they do on work?
    Yeah, in his new post it seems that he was misinformed about the reasons to the change, which seems sort of fail seeing as he is the lead designer regarding game mechanics (if I'm not mistaken?). However, it seems that the guys who actually made the change knew what they were doing and Ghostcrawler just misphrased his statement.

So it is affected by resilliance, but that's how it's supposed to be.
    This was a great way to see who's a scrub and who isn't though, so welcome out of the closet all you GC -fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakko
    with just over 500 resilience (low, i know but i focus on pve and only play bg's occasionally) and a lock critted me for just above 10k (like 10.2k or something) with chaos bolt.
    Cool story bro

Deleted

Problem is, yes we pull out great burst, but 0 survavability. Most classes got loads of stuff to prevent such bursts. Use them

15+ Year Old Account

In defense of GC: There's over 10000 spells in wow that they have to concern themselves with. We concern ourselves with max rank of... 8 spells per tree, on average. Him not knowing = Good for you, concerning yourself with people and balance rather than the intimate workings of various spells.

Leadership = high level.

Chaos bolt change: It has never pierced resilience, but has pierced things like shield wall. The latter will be changed as the tooltip does not indicate this to be true.

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

with just over 500 resilience (low, i know but i focus on pve and only play bg's occasionally) and a lock critted me for just above 10k (like 10.2k or something) with chaos bolt
    Sure, if a destrowarlock gets left alone so he can do a 2sec immolate cast then 1,5sec CB cast it wil hurt.
    You were in a bg, lots of players wear pvegear there. Personally i run inside now as destropvp spec but with full t8-t8.5 gear (around 2800 spelldamage) and do some payback to DK's killing them with 3 spells. MMm 12k conflag crits *yummi*

But if we disregard pvegear a bit. it would take a destro lock some time to get the spell off and when I get a scourgestrike (instant) or whetever that cant be interupted, cant get pushedback for 8k. Is a 10k "4sec" spell really unfair? No, its not. Add up the survivability of a DK, Paldin whatever.

DK, Pala, Rouge, War etc etc all got the burst as do destrolocks
    Which one of the examles above lack survivability..
    Ppl bitching about destros having huge burst is really clueless, they are squishy and can be silenced, locked out of spellschool, interrupted among other things to be rendered useless

Leasson, just interrupt the damn casts somehow and its not like destros have more than 35% critchanse in the firstplace on CB.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli

I am a very arrogant person, but I at least make sure I know what I am talking about before I belittle others

Bet you feel stupid now...I rarely pvp, yet I knew it never ignored resilience...

GC made a boobie, big deal...he can't be expected to know everything in this game...

15+ Year Old Account

Ppl compare us with the burst of arcane mages back when they were fucked. Except:
    * we goto precast before we can do damage
    * we can blink we goto precast a portal
    * we can Iceblock
    * we do less burst than them