Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: [Enhancement] Boot enchant

32 AP ench = 1 Gem worth of itemization budget, Icewalker = 1.5 gems worth of itemization budget.

I usually just go with w/e has the best budget.

Hadn't thought of the running towards something factor tho...

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

running speed is wasted on some of the fights that requires minimum or not remarkable moving, nitro boosts ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Omen
    Especially on XT, faster movespeed means less raid damage (from light bombs) and more DPS from you (faster return after light bombs).

That's how far you have to move on XT. Not really a big enough problem to make slow movement speeds an issue. Gravity Bombs however...

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by atf
    What are your spriests doing?
    Most likely wanking or dead. It's allways good to blame the Priest!

Anyways, once I get a few more gear upgrades here and there, I'm definately going for Tuskars Vitality on my boots. Sure, it might not be the best enchant for "min-maxing", but extra health is allways nice to have and MOST IMPORTANTLY the extra running speed is really nice to have for allmost all aspects of the game. Be it raiding, runnin between the mailbox and AH or the random Battleground every now and then while waiting for raids.

It's nice to have, it's convinient. And it might save your arse in a raid, be it the extra HP or running speed.

Just my two cents

Quoting from ElitistJerks:

Let D be your dps without a boot enchant. For the run speed to provide more benefit, we need:
    (D+12A)(T-t) < (D+6A)(T-t/1.08)
    which simplifies to
    T < [(1-k)D + (2-k)6A]t/(6A)
    where k = 1/1.08. For example, gives A = .16286, and so we have
    T < (.07581D + 1.074) t
    Using some actual data, a shaman that does betwen 900 and 1000 dps will have T < 76.88t
    For 5 minutes, we would need t > 3.90 seconds and for 6 minutes we would need t > 4.68 seconds.
    So for a 5 minute fight if you spend roughly 4 seconds moving between adds, running to the boss, etc, Run Speed provides a superior DPS benefit.
    I sure do move for way more than 4 seconds for every 5 minutes in most Ulduar fights.

Razorscale - Running between adds and running to boss.

XT - Running away due to light/gravity bomb and sometimes running from bomb bots that come near the boss.

Iron Council - Running to 2nd boss when 1st one is down, running out of rune of death, running to 3rd boss when 2nd one is down, running out of lightning nova and lightning tendrils on 3rd boss.

Hodir - Moving out of the rain, moving into and out of the rune during flash freeze.

Freya - Moving between adds which is the main part of this fight.

Mimiron - P1/P4 moving out of shock blast and moving in, P2 running behind the boss when it turns and running from melee range rockets and P3 running from add spawn to another.

Vezax - Maybe keeping up when boss is being kited?

Yogg-Saron - P1 running between the guardians, P2 running to sanity wells and brain room portals, running from tentacle to tentacle inside brain room and running to the brain once tentacles are down. This is the fight with the largest movement in Ulduar. Your dps time could be well below 50% and the rest is all movement.

I don't understand why any enhancement shaman would want to use anything other than run speed to boots and anyone using AP, Agi, Hit/Crit over run speed is making a big mistake.

The 4 secs per 5 mins is using BC dps of 900-1000. Whats it come out to using current WotLK dps.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by halmmar

That's how far you have to move on XT. Not really a big enough problem to make slow movement speeds an issue. Gravity Bombs however...
    If you are using ghost wolf on xt its a giant waste of dps from the 2 talent points you lose to the fact that moving from melee to the light bomb spot you can still dps while moving and when your waiting for the bomb to go off.

15+ Year Old Account

I have never, ever used run speed increases for movement fights. There's this little ability I call "sense", and I use this, because commonly "sense" is going to save my butt far more than extra speed will. To date I have not ever died from gravity bombs or rockets. It's 32 AP or Icewalker. Minor speed is a crutch, one that I refuse to use until I have arthritis, and I'm a good 35-40 years away from having to worry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent
    I have never, ever used run speed increases for movement fights. There's this little ability I call "sense", and I use this, because commonly "sense" is going to save my butt far more than extra speed will. To date I have not ever died from gravity bombs or rockets. It's 32 AP or Icewalker. Minor speed is a crutch, one that I refuse to use until I have arthritis, and I'm a good 35-40 years away from having to worry about that.
    Top raiders don't use minor run speed increases to save themselves, they use them to reach their destination quicker. If you're able to get back to the boss 1 or 2 seconds quicker, that's 1 or 2 seconds that you get to DPS. If you do 6k dps, and the run speed enchant gives you an extra 1 second of DPS every minute, then your boot enchant would have to provide 100 dps to be equivalent. You won't gain 1 second of extra DPS every minute in every fight, but 32 AP is not anywhere close to 100 dps. It's even more useful for healers, where getting a heal off a second sooner can determine whether the tank lives or dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

15+ Year Old Account

Maybe I'm just used to it not mattering whether or not I reach my destination one or two seconds faster because I can find shortcuts anywhere. If it's a straight line out, then in, I'll use my wolves in those few seconds and run fast then. If not, the run speed won't equate to such a drastic increase in dps over time. Maybe 50, if that. If that's the case, 50dps won't make or break me. I tend to have a faster reaction time that most of the people I raid with.