Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: New Druid Models as Boss Loot

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus
    Don't mind him ... not sure what he was thinking.
    Lol dude, he said it himself, poly is useful in ulduar. When you encounter bosses/hard trash you shouldn't look at the game graphics, but focus at the fight. Why should poly form look be a matter when it's used in such situations? Noone looks at them.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by miLl3niUm
    Seriously, how can you compare the stupid polymorph form that is used only in pvp
    That doesn't seem wrong to you?

What does money making have to do with what I said? I can give 100 euros and get a bunch of golds. The point is not to waste money.
    so what else should i do with my 30k+ gold. get a 5th toon epic flying?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucifer2005
    Turning Off Experience has ruined BGs!

Quote Originally Posted by D3CYPH3R
    The best idea would be that the skin changes as your average item lvl changes. There would be set markers based on the Item lvl of the instances.
    This makes more sense. I would not want it to be tied to specific gear. It takes away the ability to swap gear based on your needs. Why be forced to have one certain piece of gear?

Quote Originally Posted by cfeuer1
    have you not been to ulduar? theres humanoids there. mages are very handy from XT to Kologarnon ...
    I have only done Kolo in 10 man, but what do you sheep in that fight?
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer
    This makes more sense. I would not want it to be tied to specific gear. It takes away the ability to swap gear nased on your needs. Why be forced to have one certain piece of gear?
    why is ilvl any better than a drop? with the drop you can show off kills if you choose, or pick one you like. with ilvl your screwed into one forever. say you think the white is the best looking one, well the blonde bear might be the highest trophy skin, what then?

so what else should i do with my 30k+ gold. get a 5th toon epic flying?
    Not that I'm against your point, but why did you point out money to begin with if your now trivializing it.

why is ilvl any better than a drop? with the drop you can show off kills if you choose, or pick one you like. with ilvl your screwed into one forever. say you think the white is the best looking one, well the blonde bear might be the highest trophy skin, what then?
    Personally, if I had to choose, it would be the ilvl way simply because you can accomplish this by both PvP and PvE. It seems the most logical on Blizzards side. Drop rates are frustrating and require a player to do a very specific thing. The negative to ilvl is if you liked something previously but bumped up to the higher ilvl. That could be solved by making it more kickass as the ilvl expands (but creates room for negativity if it doesn't). All in all, I think this point is being over-thought...

How is that different that tieing it to a piece of gear? Maybe I misunderstood it.
    "Peace is a lie"

All in all, I think this point is being over-thought...
    QFT
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by Rahkdos
    No you didn't fix it, druid community has been whining for ages about the stupid new looks on they forms. And your getting it for free while we have to pay 1k gold each or something each new polymorph we get.

Obvious troll is obvious, you fail.

/Rahkdos
    Does this seem more right than my statement?

I already posted this on the WoW forums, where it actually matters, but I figured I'd see what people think here as well.

1. Keep the 5 new models per Form as changeable from the barber shop
    2. Tie new skins to Idols
    3. Allow a display option like "Display Helm" to choose to display your Idol skin or your barber shop skin

Make different ranges of skins:

Idols Level 50-70: 4 skins (Bear/Cat/Owl/Tree)
    Idols Level 71-80 (green/blue): 4 skins (Bear/Cat/Owl/Tree)
    Idols Level 80 (Tier X): 4 skins (Bear/Cat/Owl/Tree)
    Idols Level 80 (Season X): 4 skins (Bear/Cat/Owl/Tree)

Can get the Tier Idols as drops or from badges, as normal. Season Idols from PvP vendors (new skins with PR req) as normal.

Not that I'm against your point, but why did you point out money to begin with if your now trivializing it.
    ok, i don't go out of my way to earn money. its just easy in this game. i only do dailys that would benefit my rep(which none remain) and the argent tournament. so with that said i don't do the 25 possible dailys. just the 4 AT that i still can, and cooking and fishing. yet im still making more money than i spend. i get best gems and enchants. but if i see a polymorph spell i like i'll throw away some money at it, if i see a mount i don't have, i'll throw some money at it, if i see a lowbie asking for some money. i'll throw a report at it.

simply, just because i can make all this money doesn't mean everybody can. im only arguing the polymorph cosmetic cost to the druids lack of cost because it lacks equality and in a game where everybody QQs about the lack of equality...who am i to withold mine? :P

Lol dude, he said it himself, poly is useful in ulduar. When you encounter bosses/hard trash you shouldn't look at the game graphics, but focus at the fight. Why should poly form look be a matter when it's used in such situations? Noone looks at them.
    and why should a cat or bear visual matter either? focus onthe npc at hand

Yet another 'my epeen is thiiiiiiiiiiiiis big and I want people to know it' post.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by droozle
    This idea is actually not bad at all, and I prefer it over the "average iLvl" one. I would argue, though, that the item dropped is like a quest item, lootable by all druids present. And having said that, I realize this would not be very fair towards the other classes that managed to kill the boss. So, Blizzard could introduce the idea of trophies: items that drop from a boss when you kill it and can be worn visibly on your character. For druids, it would be a new version of their forms, for warriors something mounted on their broad shoulders, for warlocks some foul aura swirling around their heads... you name it.
    Oh, God, yeah I want that trophy idea. That would be f'king pimp!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    I'm weird in any culture
    If life's a stage, when's the after party?

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion
    Did you spend 5K for epic flight form? Yes you did.

Do you need that to play? No you don't.

Broken analogy is broken.
    Actually, i didn't pay for Epic Flight Form at all.

I payed for the ability to fly on 280% speed flying mounts.

Then i did a nifty and somewhat long ass quest line that actually PAYED ME to learn Epic Flight Form. I think i made about 100g and a nifty unique Idol off of that quest line.

Oh, and I also got exclusive access to a boss who REQUIRES my presence to even kill :P

Achievement with optional skins being available in spell book or druid trainer

or

the skins blizz annouced with alot of customizable options ( tatoo's, Fur , Scars , claws , etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharok

or

the skins blizz annouced with alot of customizable options ( tatoo's, Fur , Scars , claws , etc.)
    Pimp my druid ;D

stilll want pimp my mount

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    Actually, i didn't pay for Epic Flight Form at all.

I payed for the ability to fly on 280% speed flying mounts.

Then i did a nifty and somewhat long ass quest line that actually PAYED ME to learn Epic Flight Form. I think i made about 100g and a nifty unique Idol off of that quest line.

Oh, and I also got exclusive access to a boss who REQUIRES my presence to even kill :P
    True dat! Now if only he would drop that stupid mount I would stop slaughtering him on a daily basis Stupid bird...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharok

or

I'm not 100% sure but the only thing that is customizable is skin color.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

It's the same as Tier gear. Notice how all the Ulduar drops have the same basic look? Same principle. When you reach an average item level of 200, you get the Tier 7 Druid forms.

... on top of your Tier 7 armor that also apparently has to look different at every tier even though it's completely invisible when you're in form (90% of the time) ...

Upgrade at T8, 9, etc ad infinitum.

Seriously, Druids are asking for a lot here. You got new models and skins, and you're getting more.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".