Thread: Ignis enrage?

Ignis enrage?

So my guild was running 10 man Ulduar last night and we ran into a little trouble. Everything was going well, we downed leviathan, razorscale, xt, and kologarn without wiping once. Then we got to ignis... Normally this is just another boss we kill easily, might take a few attempts if there's new people but we've killed him every week this far. However, we ran into something entirely unforseen. 4 of our dps died pretty fast, which was a surprise and no one could quite figure out what killed them. We didn't feel like wiping though so the rest of us continued to fight him. With only 1 dps alive, it took us a long time. 15 minutes into the fight, he was at 600000 hp, he started one shotting people. Looking at the combat log, he had hit our tank for roughly 150000 total damage.

My question is, where did this enrage come from? Everything I've read suggests that ignis doesn't have an enrage.

Re: Ignis enrage?

why wouldn't he have an enrage? its to stop fails from downing him after 3/4 their raid dps dies cause of 3 reasons.

1. healers suck.
    2. dps stood in fire. lol
    3. tank sucks and can't control the adds that spawn

It's an enrage. It's just not mentioned/known on most Strat sites.

In TBC my guild hit an enrage on some boss aswell, that nobody knew about. Can't remember wich one though =/

Remember to take all things in moderation (even World of Warcraft!)
    When interacting with other players a little kindness goes a long way!

Seems I forgot to mention why our dps died. The combat log showed them each getting hit by flame jets for around 50000. Additionaly, on our next attempt, 2 of the adds were spawning at a time, and after the third round of spawns, 5, yes 5, adds came all at once. We figured it was bugged and just moved on to the iron counsel.

Last night, our hunter MDed and Ignis despawned, lol.

Maybe he didn't enrage and just got 5 stacks (from 5 adds) which doubles his damage and basically insta gibbing people.

The stacks are actually an explanation i didn't think of, though it would still have had to be the result of a glitch of some sort. I was the one kiting the adds, and not once was there more than one alive at a time. Perhaps the stacks weren't disappearing when they died? The adds were spawning correctly the first time we tried it, it was on our second attempt that they came in masses, and even then it was the adds overwhelming me and swarming onto the healers that killed us there. The MT was the last to die that time so the stacks weren't really that big of an issue.

Funny, last night they were spawning 2 at a time in 10 man. Luckily the OT caught them and when I nuked one, it killed the other. We got some achievement from it. Right at the end I blew 2 up and the boss died at the same time.
    "Peace is a lie"

I'm not really sure what you're looking for by posting this. Yes, there's probably an enrage timer. Just because it's not a hard enrage doesn't mean he doesn't have an enrage.

Maybe there isn't an enrage and you got hit by huge flame jets for some reason. Maybe this was a bug. Who cares...not like you had Algalon 25 down to 5% and then wiped to a bug.

IDK if there is an actual hard enrage. You probably got pummeled because the remainder of the group couldn't handle the adds and Ignis' damage multiplier skyrocketed.

Last night 1 of the ignis adds became untargettable for every raid member after i take it to water, neither with tab nor mouse. So first dps couldn't kill the construct, after that I couldn't taunt and it gimped raid finally.

I can confirm that there IS a hard enrage. Rather embarrasing, but our guild actually managed to kill 2/3 of our raid during the first half of the encounter. At about 8%, with 7 people alive, he activated his last construct. At about 5% he attempted to activate another one, but instead he went berserk. 1 Flame Jet later we were screaming with anger, 1% wipe.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Most bosses have somekinda "hidden" enrage with a ridicilously long timer (15mins or so). We actually once hit the Sartharion 25man enrage-timer during S3D farm night since most of your DPS died for retarded reasons, but we still though we had enough to finish him off. Laughed pretty hard when he enraged though Probably a world first!

Wouldnt you be pissed if little ants were attacking you for more than 15 minutes?