Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Uhm, can't really find faults in your gear, kinda blinded by all the 391s. Is it a good idea to gem for 10 agi socket bonuses? I believe going for spellhitcap after you've reforged for haste is a good idea also, but it's minor at best, if you even can in t12 gear.

Talents are fine, I figure Imp. Sprint vs Throw spec. is a personal choice.

Link is in my signature (pvp gem in shoulders is bad)
    Since I'm not spellcapped 30 agi & 20 hit outweights 40 agi by about 2 EP, but had I been spellcapped 40 agi would have been stronger yes. And since haste has higher statweight than spellcap for combat, the same goes for my offhand ^_^

And indeed spellhit is the second best secondary stat for me to go for atm, but it's not better than haste so it's unwise to go out of ones way to reforge into it, unless you have a weaker stat + haste on a gearpiece.

And as for the spec, there's simply no place where I need blade twisting in FL, the only other option (for me) would be Imp Gouge for the occasional Sinestra runs.

Deleted
    with the current gear can u get and a lot of haste and spell hit cap? (regarding the fact that u keep as much haste as possible) (by only adding some +hit gems and reforges).

ps1: talking for combat spec only

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    For sub they are equal. And agi scales better with buffs so wins

he was combat when i saw his armory :P
    gogo qtbootie US kil'jaeden

@qtbootie
    not really anything else to say than 25/28 expertise, I'd drop it to 23/26

armory in sig

18.11.2006-31.5.2012

Quote Originally Posted by vije View Post
    @qtbootie
    not really anything else to say than 25/28 expertise, I'd drop it to 23/26

armory in sig
    I am jealous of your Ragnaros purplz because Rag is a very unpleasant person/firelord and never drops anything that I need. Awesome character.

Click on the pony for my Armory.
    Last edited by Selkhet; 2011-10-16 at 03:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selkhet View Post
    I am jealous of your Ragnaros purplz because Rag is a cunt and never drops anything that I need. Awesome character.

Click on the pony for my Armory.
    Agi on gloves :X

I already stealthsimmed your reforges before and there is no improving those though
    You will have to reforge if you change the glove enchant, though. (duh)
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2011-10-10 at 03:08 PM.

Agi on gloves :X
    Debatable. The other viable option would be +65 Mastery. Most Combat Rogues I know are going for Expertise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah mastery is terri, its photo finish close though. So i don't think id bother either

Nah mastery is terri, its photo finish close though. So i don't think id bother either
    I ran it on Shadowcraft a while ago, and Expertise was the best option by a tiiiiiiiiiiiny amount. So yeah, it doesn't matter that much. They should get us a 50 Agility glove enchant, Str users have one. >_>

For most gearsets 65 Mastery will come out on top for Combat and Mutilate with Expertise and Haste second for Combat(depending a bit on your gearset, largely which will get you closest to Exp cap), 20 Agility is garbage for all non-Sub setups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be true, if your not as good at reforging.

But with the fact that selkhet's reforges are spot on as they are, that mastery enchant isn't going to do any good.

I have simmed it through 3 different calculators and none of them could make any better of it. Yeah, thats how you reforge :P

Would be true, if your not as good at reforging.

But with the fact that selkhet's reforges are spot on as they are, that mastery enchant isn't going to do any good.

I have simmed it through 3 different calculators and none of them could make any better of it. Yeah, thats how you reforge :P
    Mastery will come out as top for combat (in most gear sets as previously stated), no matter how you forge.

Simply put because 65*1.48 is better than 50*1.69 (EP values for mastery and haste taken from my personal gear set). The value of expertise is at most the value of haste because that is what you would lose to reforging. At most in bold because likely you'll lose 50 of another stat. It is that simple with capped stats. Take the value of the best secondary stat without a cap instead because this is the maximum it'll be worth in the end.

Fun fact: Even if there was no other way for me to get expertise and I'd take full use of 50 expertise (50*1.84), it'd still be worse than 65 mastery.

PS: I say most since it has been for me this way since Firelands came out. If it's in fact most gear sets or just all of my gear sets since then, I cannot say for sure.
    Last edited by Ashvael; 2011-10-10 at 09:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You rather take that bit of RNG for the faint of heart.
    Thats fine. I don't, however.

Also, what we are talking about is 1-3dps gain on either side.
    Having the RNG against you on a boss is going to prove that expertise worth more than your mastery.

Imo, you should take things like shadowcraft with a bit more salt ashvael. Im not trying to offend you, but with reasonable thinking you do want to cap expertise over gaining that little bit of mastery and you know it

I get expertise capped either way due to reforging. I'm simply chosing 65 mastery instead of 50 haste (either directly with the enchant or which I could possibly lose by reforging due to not taking 50 expertise enchant) because it's worth more EP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you overcapped? Or also spot on?

Stupid question when your armory is in your sig.

Your undercapped

I'm 3 expertise rating below cap. This is something which couldn't be solved by taking a glove enchant and even if it could be solved, it would still result in lower DPS.

Here is an example scenario with 3 possible solutions to explain my point.

I am 50 expertise short of the cap and have to chose my glove enchant.

Option A) I take the expertise enchant. Effective EP gained is at most 50*1.69 (haste value) because otherwise I would have reforged (at worst) haste for these 50 expertise.

Option B) I take the haste enchant. Effective EP gained is 50*1.69. I have to reforge (at worst) 50 haste for the expertise but very likely will be able to reforge other stats to expertise. This option is better than A.

Option C) I take the mastery enchant. Effetive EP gained is 65*1.48. I have to reforge (at worst) 50 haste for expertise but very likely will be able to reforge other stats to expertise. This option is better than A and better than B because the EP of 65 mastery is higher than 50 haste.

(Extra Option because it's an impossible scenario) D) There is no way for me to gain 50 expertise due to reforging because of whatever reason (see impossible). I take the expertise enchant. Effective EP gained is 50*1.84. This option is less EP than C but eliminates RNG.

//edit: Anyways, have gone wayyy off-topic. If anyone likes, you can rate me. Armory link is in the signature.
    Last edited by Ashvael; 2011-10-10 at 09:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    See if i can fix it for you

Also, i do not listen to modified EP stats. Its quite bullshit really unless it changes the order you prioritise stats.
    Take it as, stat 1 > stat 2 > stat 3. Their effective values are irrilevant.

Edit:

There are ways to cap it, but tbh it looks like it would be kind of a hassle. Don't bother untill you get upgrades ^^
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2011-10-10 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotech View Post
    @Paularas
    9/10
    Only thing I can find that should be changed is the backenchant to 65 crit, it outweights 22 agility for combat and assassination by a little, had u been subtlety it'd better with 22 agi.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Saycer/simple
    As this is the last linked rogue, I pretty much have to rate you then, right? To be honest the gear is almost a BiS-list. Good gear, good enchants (someone could point out the movement speed buff, but run speed can only be a subjective stat weight) and good gems. Wanna trade MHs though?

9.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by Ashvael View Post
    //edit: Anyways, have gone wayyy off-topic. If anyone likes, you can rate me. Armory link is in the signature.
    Sorry, didn't notice that the first time.

I think I'll be repeating myself. >_> Almost a BiS-set (except the chest, not really good for Combat considering how good Bale's chest is, but looking at it quickly the lack of hc t12 head makes that the best for you), good enchants, good gems etc.

9.5/10

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...er/Dolz/simple

P.S. I know the OH is terrible, but Alysrazor hasn't dropped that godforsaken dagger once.
    Last edited by Dolz; 2011-10-11 at 12:27 AM.

Are you guys aware that you are fiercely discussing a difference of about 15 DPS?

Oh Dolz, your character is amazing. I have teary eyes because I am so envious of your gear and progression! *gimmeh!* I wish I could spot some flaw that I could magically resolve for you but alas, you are close to perfect. One thing I could find is that you do not have the achievement Duelicious. What rogue worth her/his salt hasn't dueled? Go get that before Ravenholdt takes your rogue card away from you :P

My armory is below my sig.