Chaos Bolt: Spell/Ability Breakdown?

GC said yesterday (May 27th) that today he'd provide a complete list of spells and abilities Chaos Bolt was going to ignore/not ignore.

Has anyone seen this list? I can't find it on the forums and though I can generate a pretty complete list myself I'd just like to see an official response. Thanks for any help! =D

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Chaos Bolt: Spell/Ability Breakdown?

If it says "Reduces damage by x%" it will not ignore it.

Chaos Bolt and resistance piercing
    Cheat Death is an absorption. So Chaos Bolt can still pierce it. Cloak of Shadows is a resist. So Chaos Bolt can still pierce it.

There are four basic categories of spell resistance here:

* Immunities -- things like Divine Shield. Chaos Bolt will not affect these.
    * Damage reductions -- things like Barkskin. Chaos Bolt affects these currently, but not in 3.1.3.
    * Absorptions -- things like Power Word: Shield. Chaos Bolt will continue to affect these.
    * Resistances -- things like Cloak of Shadows. Chaos Bolt will continue to affect these.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA - 23/03/2014 View Post
    Seriously. Someone bookmark this. If we go all the way from 6.0 to 7.0 and there is never a paid Garrison feature on the blizzard store, I will go to the store, purchase a hat and film myself eating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Klokie
    Chaos Bolt and resistance piercing
    Cheat Death is an absorption. So Chaos Bolt can still pierce it. Cloak of Shadows is a resist. So Chaos Bolt can still pierce it.

There are four basic categories of spell resistance here:

* Immunities -- things like Divine Shield. Chaos Bolt will not affect these.
    * Damage reductions -- things like Barkskin. Chaos Bolt affects these currently, but not in 3.1.3.
    * Absorptions -- things like Power Word: Shield. Chaos Bolt will continue to affect these.
    * Resistances -- things like Cloak of Shadows. Chaos Bolt will continue to affect these.
    Isn't that direct qoute from bule post
    next time please add source.

15+ Year Old Account

Really, all that matters is what it can pierce and not what it can't.

Power Word: Shield
    Shield procs from heals on a target (disc priest talent?)
    Antimagic shell
    CLOS
    Cheat Death
    Sacred Shield
    Hammer of Valyn'yr legendary mace shield

All resistances (paladin, shaman)

... Thats about it.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    If it says "Reduces damage by x%" it will not ignore it.

Lol right I get this. I just don't play every class so I don't know all the tooltips.

Pain Suppression, Barkskin, Dispersion, Shield Wall, Spell Warding, Icebound Fortitude and Bone Shield are the only talents I'm aware of but I was wondering what else there was.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkis2001
    Lol right I get this. I just don't play every class so I don't know all the tooltips.

Pain Suppression, Barkskin, Dispersion, Shield Wall, Spell Warding, Icebound Fortitude and Bone Shield are the only talents I'm aware of but I was wondering what else there was.
    Think tanking talents and PVP damage reductions (Natures perfection).