Arms 2v2 Opening

Hiya,

Just started 2v2ing and wondered if i could get some tips on how to open against the following (in red is how i do it, ill edit in green with others advice)

* = On proc (Sudden Death or TfB)

Caster:

Charge, Hamstring, Rend, Mortal Strike, Bladestorm, Overpower*, Execute*, Execute.

Healer

Charge, Hamstring, Rend, Mortal Strike, Bladestorm, Overpower*, Execute*, Execute.

Melee

Charge, Rend, Mortal Strike, Bladestorm, Fear, Charge, Mortal Strike, Rend, Overpower*, Execute*, Execute.

In 2v2 (before 1600 rating) do i ~really~ need to be Stance Swapping? If it is, can anyone link some maccros for Spell Reflect, Intercept, and any others id need or (if there are no maccros) give me some tips on how to do it?

Any tips are more than welcome (i understand im abit of a nab, levelled my warrior 1-80 without stopping for PvP so am completely new.

My Awesome Sig Made By Shyama - Thank You!

Re: Arms 2v2 Opening

There is no set formula for arena in my opinion. A lot of it has to do with what the opponents are doing and trying to make them play your match.

If you enter an arena and start playing someone elses game then you will probably lose because they can then predict what you are going to do and then look for openings.

Generally Charge is a good opening move, I wont argue with that, as well as Hamstring and Rend. Mortal Strike is a must when you are going for a burst, and try to get Overpowers in during the casts.

Something to look for though is teams where you know the game is going to last a while (i.e. if you're playing a Warrior / Druid comp and you are facing a mirrior, another Warrior / Druid). If the game is going to last a while, sunder up your opponent.

Something I try to do is keep my Mortal Strikes and Overpowers pretty close together. If you can cast one and then the other pretty much instantly it will provide a bigger burst than just spamming every move when its up. Look for those openings when you want a big burst to come and take the opportunity.

Like I said, you and your partner need to control the game, and, in my opinion, that is the most important part of arena.

Stance dancing before 1600 = yes. Teams aren't completely incompetent at that bracket and if you're not stance dancing you will probably pay for it in the end with lost games. Also its a good idea to get used to stance dancing in general because it is a must in arena in general. Spell Reflect, Shield Wall, Intervene, Intercept and more are all wonderful tools that Warriors have for survivability and for mobility. Get used to using them sooner than later.

Also, use Sweeping Strikes before Bladestorm. It provides for a big lol opportunity.

I'm sure I'm missing a ton of stuff and I could be wrong on some things I'm saying, but this is just what have worked for me.

Good luck.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Pastulio great reply thanks!

Mysmere thanks for that! Was looking for it the other day and couldnt find it - God knows why.

Another question regarding formulas:

Charge/Intercept

If you are in combat this will ensure you are in Berseker stance and intercept. If you are out of combat it will ensure you are in Battle stance and charge. The icon will change to whatever skill is to be used.

and

Charge/Intercept Hamstring

Charges if you are out of combat and intercepts if you are in combat. Tapping the same button after a charge/intercept will hamstring your target.

If Intercept is on CD and i want to use >charge< will this use charge?

they didn't updeate it for juggernaut.

just take the macros apart and use what you need

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species

Watch the new Dahis movie with commentary for all your Arms warrior needs, best warrior hands down.

Against double dps team you need to slow the one dps that created the danger of killing your resto druid.Against dps+healer teams stick on the healer,especially if he is a priest,so you don't let him mana burn your healer.Also save your bladestorm when you got MS on the healer or dps,they have low health and don't have defensive cd's.Using Bladestorm for a opener is stupid.Also keep rend and hamstring on both targets if possible.Against healer+dps team it is either to kill the healer or dps or to fight till the enemy healer has no mana and nuke him.

they didn't updeate it for juggernaut.

just take the macros apart and use what you need
    Would you suggest Intercept is even worth using anymore?

What maccro would you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Slipper
    Would you suggest Intercept is even worth using anymore?

What maccro would you use?
    i have a stance swapping macro on mouse button 4. regular hit will switch to zerker. in the same spot in zerker stance is intercept
    ` reverts back to bstance and the same button in bstance is charge

button 4 + shift gives me def stance and in the same spot is a equip shield + 1h and shield wall

intercept will always be worth using