Lets beat the new model discussion into the ground a bit more

I was going to post this in another topic but the topics always tend to lead off to arguments about druids being OP or something completely off the record. I had an idea, that has likely been discussed, but I haven't seen. I doubt it will happen but I was trying to think of a way everyone could be happy with these new forms, without it leaving anyone out. Everyone gets to look cooler than they do now, but you are rewarded based on ingame success.

I like the new models but I do not like the way it's being implimented. I mean honestly, it gives us something new to look at but you're still gonna have druids running around looking identical, regardless of level or experience. I say try a new system.

All the current forms are available as soon as you access the ability to go into the form.

If the "Level 80" Achievment is achieved, 3 new 'hair colors' or 'skin tones' are opened up.

From this point you can keep basing the new looks on achievments.

100 Emblems of Heroism = 2 new forms

100 Emblems of Valor = 2 new forms

100 Emblems of Conquest = 3 new forms.

This will allow it to be based mostly on gear as ppl with these many emblems will likely be in that set of gear.

Also for PVP, base it on honorable kills achieved or arena rating. Base it all off of certain achievments, simply unlocking new 'hair colors' and 'skin tones' and you're good to go. This will also make implimenting the tree and boomkin forms in at a later time much easier, as they simply use the same exact system. I think everyone would be happy with this.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Lets beat the new model discussion into the ground a bit more

I have to admit, I like the idea of getting a different form for an acheivement, or through progression. I was saying to my partner the other day that I would probably fork out alot if there were any glyph/tomes/spells/items that changed the look of my other forms.

Although I do feel that this thread is about to get beaten into the ground, just like the other thread.

If anyone else feels like me, they're going to be a lot of new players in the Druid scene after this. The new forms have made druids seem a lot more attractive to me, to be honest. I guess you can say I'm easily drawn in when it comes to aesthetics, but gawd the forms are hawt!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms iNTER:SEKT
    If anyone else feels like me, they're going to be a lot of new players in the Druid scene after this. The new forms have made druids seem a lot more attractive to me, to be honest. I guess you can say I'm easily drawn in when it comes to aesthetics, but gawd the forms are hawt!
    /agree

Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    The lair is on the ground in the mountains.

Well, some of the extra stuff they add on, if they do(Armor, necklaces, etc.) COULD be based off of your average gear ilvl. Maybe have 2 sections of armor that can be turned off and on with the show helm/cloak options.