best tanking tree post FP change?

honest opinions please

before the initial increase to 80% from 60% i was frost.

then after the changes in 3.1 i rerolled to unholy.

now assuming these changes go live to frost presence, i myself will more than likely reroll back to frost again as it worked for me then and will work for me again would rather not but hey might as well move with the changes.

hence why i'm asking what people are thinking of doing with there spec if anything other than rolling dps and shelfing there tank gear.

i would love to get a thread started about what we will do when it happens with positive input on specs and possible gear changes, to in a way minimise the impact this will have on our tanking ability and raid viablity.

it took a long time to get accepted as a viable tank option before and may happen again worried healers needing proof you can still tank, and idiots who don't understand the class saying ''omg dk's can't tank anymore'' it does happen and every dk who has ever pugged will understand the frustration of idiots saying ''you can't tank in unholy scrub'' never been blood tank so never had the comment about that spec.

so off you go guys and gals would love to hear your thoughts

Re: best tanking tree post FP change?

Blood will still be the best single target tank. Likely a DK tank will still be the best tank and used in all the hard mode encounters.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

What he said, but frost.

how good is blood as a tanking spec i've never tried it but would prefer some advice before i waste a small amount of gold (very small) but could still be a waste.

are the stat requirements different ie less hit rating needed or more for example as unholy you need a little bit more to get better dmg from your spells as they require a higher hit rating to crit and effectivly hit.

Quote Originally Posted by magelan
    how good is blood as a tanking spec i've never tried it but would prefer some advice before i waste a small amount of gold (very small) but could still be a waste.

are the stat requirements different ie less hit rating needed or more for example as unholy you need a little bit more to get better dmg from your spells as they require a higher hit rating to crit and effectivly hit.
    Blood is melee heavy. It also has almost no AoE. It's not as easy to tank trash as the other builds...But on bosses...Well...Let's just say your UF dump is Death Strike doing bonus damage and healing. Heart strike hits extremely hard for a 1 rune ability.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

so for pure single target (i'll use patchwerk for my example) threat is high as well as being healer friendly with the 4% extra healing from blood presence(rank 2) while in frost presence for the armour and threat. think i got that right lol.

Quote Originally Posted by magelan
    so for pure single target (i'll use patchwerk for my example) threat is high as well as being healer friendly with the 4% extra healing from blood presence(rank 2) while in frost presence for the armour and threat. think i got that right lol.
    4% of your damage converted to healing. The 10% extra healing is only in blood presence.

ah right sorry i wasn't sure about that part and wasn't logged in to wow to check i should have though.

Blood is the best tank for bosses
    Bosses seem to be the only thing people care
    Blood is the best tank

What makes Blood the best tank?
    Massive amount of hp and WoTN

The difference between boss tanks is that if you can survive 1 more hit then the other tank, youre a better tank

Warrior and all other tanks but, survives 1 hit, maybe 2
    Blood DK and Druid, survives 2 hits, maybe 3

Threat doesnt matter because its assumed every tank can reach 100million threat

Edit - Unholy is the worst tree for tanking currently, Even Balance Druid is a better tank then unholy
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Blood is melee heavy. It also has almost no AoE. It's not as easy to tank trash as the other builds...But on bosses...Well...Let's just say your UF dump is Death Strike doing bonus damage and healing. Heart strike hits extremely hard for a 1 rune ability.
    While its not as AOE-focused as others, I still find it pretty much easymode to hold AOE threat. Blood has a much stronger Death and Decay than Frost, and a better Blood Boil than Frost or Unholy. With some old-fashioned tabbing Heart Strike is pretty decent as a cleave too.
    Parietis :: Retribution Paladin
    Størmglory :: Enhancement Shaman
    Caecius :: Arms Warrior