Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Enhancement PvP...Ew

This sounds a lot more like a Paladin hatetopic than a "poor enhancement shaman" topic. You cant compare an enhancement shaman with an Retribution paladin. And if you trinket out of repentance before an incoming attack you are doing a noobmistake, since it breaks on damage. Enhancement have nice burst, and with an okay survivability, so it is clearly not broken. Stop thinking that enhancement is broken just because Paladins have stuns and HoF. There are 9 other classes in this game aswell...

And before you ask, I have both an 80 paladin and 80 shaman

Quote Originally Posted by burnrush
    This sounds a lot more like a Paladin hatetopic than a "poor enhancement shaman" topic. You cant compare an enhancement shaman with an Retribution paladin. And if you trinket out of repentance before an incoming attack you are doing a noobmistake, since it breaks on damage. Enhancement have nice burst, and with an okay survivability, so it is clearly not broken. Stop thinking that enhancement is broken just because Paladins have stuns and HoF. There are 9 other classes in this game aswell...

And before you ask, I have both an 80 paladin and 80 shaman
    this guys my hero ^

Quote from: pelanat on May 30, 2009, 09:55:24 AM
    im quoting some one on your side of the argument im not saying they dont but this guy sure is.

What?
    that guy i quoted was agreeing with you that shamans are nurfed paladins

ok so enough of the shammy vs pally thing lawl
    yes wolves can rape pallys and when they bubble i run then come back when they remove it and i heal while they do as well just wearing mail isnt enough when it comes to survivability at least add more dmg reduction to shamistic rage and maybe another attack cause if your trying to heal and you get spell interuppted earthshock goes on cd as well when shammys just need burst though we dont have it that seems to be the other problem besides totem stomping and survivability its either we get lucky with the wf crits or we die plain and simple

If you think retridins are facerollers you are right. I hate mine.

As for shammy, I have a friend enh shaman that goes out there and makes everyone spit out their intestines while wearing blue gear( Yeah, casual but deadly). If you have skill, nerfs and buffs do not matter. Only for 2k+ rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Leipäkone
    my point was that there IS encha shaman on high ratings instead to link all 2k+ encha shamans to you. I just pointed out that spec cant be totaly broken you just need to play better and practice more and more.
    actually that's what most people are referring to... if you play enh (or your partner is enh) you really have to have more skill, than your opponent, more equip than your opponent and still you probably need to play more games to achieve the same ratings as dk/pala for example.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshocklate
    ok so enough of the shammy vs pally thing lawl
    yes wolves can rape pallys and when they bubble i run then come back when they remove it and i heal while they do as well just wearing mail isnt enough when it comes to survivability at least add more dmg reduction to shamistic rage and maybe another attack cause if your trying to heal and you get spell interuppted earthshock goes on cd as well when shammys just need burst though we dont have it that seems to be the other problem besides totem stomping and survivability its either we get lucky with the wf crits or we die plain and simple
    Use COMMA's, and use DOTS. Also pressing ENTER once in a while makes your post more clear:

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshocklate
    Ok, so enough of the shamans vs paladin thing.
    Yes, wolves can rape paladins (Lol, no they don't). And when the paladin bubbles, i run away and wait for the bubble to dissappear and i throw myself a quick heal while at range.

Just wearing mail isnt enough when it comes to survivability, (that's why we can carry around shields) at least add some more damage reduction to shamistic rage that is passive and maybe another attack because, if you're trying to heal and you get spell interuppted, earthshock goes on cd as well [/s](Thank god we can still use totems, flame shock, and we can run away when interrupted, right?)

Shamans rely on burst at this point, but the point is: Our burst is random or PPM. Us Shamans don't have any on-demand-burst besides stormstrike and earth shock (which in some cases has to be preserved to interrupt enemy spells),
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

i dont think pally is the easiest class to play *lol druid and dk* just shammy requires more work then pally or warrior to achive the same thing, have to manage totems time our shocks on healers an shield and wep when our healer dies *in arena* totems is really the hardest thing to manage really even been polls on this *Which class requires more work?* or things like that

Quote Originally Posted by Alezana
    Enh shaman and Disc Priest does very well.
    I think you're overextending the meaning of very and well here.

It's possible that a enh shaman and a disc priest did well, but I can assure you that this is most definitely as a result of their beyond-average skill. It also has, likely, a lot to do with the Disc Priest being quite epic in Arenas.

To OP:

Yes I play Enhancement in arena (armory link is in my sig), it is pretty rough as you suggest. Against retard teams, of course I win--I have great partners and have been propped up by gimmick and faildesign such that I sometimes do alot of damage if I can manage to autoattack someone enough, maybe.

Wolves are great vs dumb teams, they really throw a wrench in and provide enough burst ( and more importantly healing to me ) that I'm able to live long enough to get lucky with WF.

vs Not Dumb teams, my wolves are feared/nova'd after forcing me to spirit walk, that or they are focused down ( pretty easy to do this ). Then I'm effed.

Sometimes the wolves just bug out and do nothing, that's awesome too.

Totems : lulz, that's all I'll say.

Anyway I have a thread here (and at wowforums) talking about ways we can change this without trying to beg for some dumb op ability that props us up gimmickly some more. Post something not dumb if you want to help the cause :P

Level 80 Draenei Shaman - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malorne&n=Sh%C3%A4mwow

Quote Originally Posted by HumanPally
    How can anyone stand to play as Enh anymore for PvP? It's been pretty much the same since BC, vanilla was really the only time it was good.

A buddy is away on vacation and he's let me use his account with an 80 Ret Paladin. I've gotten really good with the Ret and it absolutely dominates, completely blows Enh away as far as PvP goes.

Plain and simple, Enh just sucks for PvP. Low health pool, gets torn through even with resilience and a shield on. And who wants to play with a shield on all the time against melee when you rolled a DW class?

Drop Enh and let Blizzard know it sucks for PvP. Roll a real melee class, warrior, pally, rogue. So much fun.
    No smart players do. No one would play a Shaman wearing hunter gear in PvP. it provides no benefits to the class. Not only that but the people monitoring the shaman forums have something against Enhancement shaman. i have seen it for a long time now. There is nothing more that can be done. As soon as someone gets to saying i care and i want to help you might as well go to Warhammer.

Locking a thread started by a Guest purely created to cause conflict. Hearing from the current facerolling FOTM does not provide anything of value.