Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Proto-Drakes, CL Battlegroups, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nulgar
    Boohoo, my unintended near-exploit niche of the game is gonna be addressed soon.
    A good signature I once saw:
    "Twinks are people staying back a grade to be better bullies in the playground."
    This. I hated twinks so bad when I was leveling all of my toons.

Seems like they are taking those drakes out a bit early too.

Looking forward to seeing the battlebot. Though I heard that you have to have a battle.net account to get one.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Green fire... what? If green fire makes us better in arena somehow then go for it. Otherwise stick to real changes. As far as MS goes, how about taking that silly 75% ms away from warriors first and then let's go from there.

I'm in agreement with a few other people that, if 3.2 is coming anytime soon, it REALLY feels as if the proto-drakes are being taken out rather quickly. People haven't even really had a chance to do the hard-modes which are required as part of the proto-drakes. A quick look over at WoWProgress shows that EIGHT guilds in the world have done Heroic Firefighter.

Unless 3.2 comes out in July or beyond, removing the reward for this meta feels far too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Yeah, that's why i've stuck with my Tankadin for the whole 2+ years i've been playing. Seriously, learn that not everyone plays their class or spec because it's the new FotM, and that some of us DO genuinly enjoy playing that class or spec.
    You didn't understand what he meant. Sure there are a lot of people who genuinely like their class, may it be lore or play style, but the "FotM" concept has been affecting class numbers a great deal since the introduction of arenas.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I wouldn't go as far as saying;
    "People play classes that are good/op not because its fun. Remember back in the day Warlock's were awful and useless. Did you see many of them? Nope."

Simply because it's not that simple and that's a very gross generalisation, and quite insulting to people who do play the class or spec because they enjoy it as opposed to how well it does in certain situations.
    Erm... Druids. Compare Vanilla numbers to nowadays. Sure, you can say the class became a lot more attractive, but you can also explain this increase by the Resto OPness during BC, I think Balance was OP at some point, too, and in WotLK we've seen nerfs of Feral's burstiness already, plus the general better raid viability of all 4 PvE specs.

To me, one major sign that a large number of those new players is not really dedicated to the druid class is the rise of the so-called nickname "dudu" in the German community since mid-BC. As far as I and other long-term druid players know, it was an insult at some point, an abbreviation meaning "dumb durid" (aaand... another thing, so I heard) to mock the players' interest in a weak class or whatever. It is my speculation that, sure not the majority, but a certain number of the players who rerolled druid "because it's cool now" used to call druids like that back then, and then continued to address their own new class that way, (deliberately) forgetting the original meaning, and introduced this term to other new and unknowing druid players, who accepted it as a "cute" nickname. This then crept back to the other classes, who started to use the term, too.
    Now, whenever someone complains about the widespread use of the term, because of the original meaning or just because it sounds like baby language, the contradicting replies usually come down to "I like it lol" and "I call you like I want you effing dudu" - yes, the latter posted with level 80 druid avatars.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleom
    I'm in agreement with a few other people that, if 3.2 is coming anytime soon, it REALLY feels as if the proto-drakes are being taken out rather quickly. People haven't even really had a chance to do the hard-modes which are required as part of the proto-drakes. A quick look over at WoWProgress shows that EIGHT guilds in the world have done Heroic Firefighter.

Unless 3.2 comes out in July or beyond, removing the reward for this meta feels far too soon.
    Yeah, that is something concerning me too. We've either got a loooong wait on the new Druid skins or a very short one on the window to get the drakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dairystyle
    Yeah, that is something concerning me too. We've either got a loooong wait on the new Druid skins or a very short one on the window to get the drakes.
    given the choice, I'd choose waiting.

Assuming 3.2 opens up a new instance where another 310% speed mount can be obtained, this makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Assuming 3.2 opens up a new instance where another 310% speed mount can be obtained, this makes perfect sense.
    That's a valid assumption but still only an assumption. Although it did occur to me the drakes could simply be "upgraded" to the new instance instead of them creating a new set of non-heroic and heroic mount rewards.

HumanPally

In response to those hating on twinks: my character isn't even twinked out, just gear I've picked up on my way to 69, and it still fucking owns. Cry more you pussies.

Some people enjoy that aspect of the game, just because you don't (and most people who complain don't even play in those brackets, just once in awhile while leveling) doesn't mean you have to hate on the people who do like it.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica
    Anyone know why those few battlegroups aren't merged? (the english ones like Blackout, Misery and Vindication and then the german Blutdurst).
    Because Misery is imho fine and balanced

Quote Originally Posted by HumanPally
    In response to those hating on twinks: my character isn't even twinked out, just gear I've picked up on my way to 69, and it still fucking owns. Cry more you pussies.

Some people enjoy that aspect of the game, just because you don't (and most people who complain don't even play in those brackets, just once in awhile while leveling) doesn't mean you have to hate on the people who do like it.
    Cool story, bro.

But yeah, Warhammer had it right with giving small amounts of XP (and loot!) in battlegrounds, it kept a healthy rotation of players through the PVP brackets, so you didn't have overly seasoned people crotch stomping everyone who's level and experience appropriate for the brackets.

HumanPally

Quote Originally Posted by HurfDurf
    Cool story, bro.

But yeah, Warhammer had it right with giving small amounts of XP (and loot!) in battlegrounds, it kept a healthy rotation of players through the PVP brackets, so you didn't have overly seasoned people crotch stomping everyone who's level and experience appropriate for the brackets.
    Fuck you.

The amount of hate on twinks is astounding. It's a fucking video game and people like to play their own way. Who cares if there's no skill involved (which there can be, fighting other twinks for example) Rolling over everyone in a battleground is so much fun, and you can't do that at 80. If you don't like getting your face smashed in level to 80 then do BGs. Oh wait, you all fucking suck dick so you will get your face smashed at 80 too.

Fuck you all.

Fuck you.

The amount of hate on twinks is astounding. It's a fucking video game and people like to play their own way. Who cares if there's no skill involved (which there can be, fighting other twinks for example) Rolling over everyone in a battleground is so much fun, and you can't do that at 80. If you don't like getting your face smashed in level to 80 then do BGs. Oh wait, you all fucking suck dick so you will get your face smashed at 80 too.

Fuck you all.
    Rofl it's amazing at how defensive you got over my uninsulting constructive post, bro.

Any other pearls of wisdom to share?

HumanPally

Quote Originally Posted by HurfDurf
    Rofl it's amazing at how defensive you got over my uninsulting constructive post, bro.

Any other pearls of wisdom to share?
    I got defensive because people talk so much shit about twinks. It's like a twink raped their mom while they were forced to watch.

Fuck you.

Fuck you all.

oh lmao, Are you auctually thinking theire CAN be skill required when having 2-3 damageing attacks, oh lmao, u got to be kidding me. Purely a gear-issue with twinks, imo a good job blizzard may get rid of them, twinks are people with no skill to play lvl 80 pvp

Fuck you.

Fuck you all.
    You aren't helping in defending twinks at all. In fact, you only make the stereotype of twinkers being ADHD kiddies that just want to wipe the floor with everyone stronger.
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

You've obviously never been up against a twink at the 19 or 29 brackets. Twinks deserve to be talked about the way they are.

"Oh wait, you all fucking suck dick so you will get your face smashed at 80 too."
    Yeah, go smash your head onto my shield some more please.

HurfDurf got it right, and you pretty much confirmed it.
    Quoting the Southpark movie, in an attempt to represent your appearance to us;
    " Oh you shit faced cockmaster!"

And an attempt to represent everyone else;
    "Whoa children, where'd you learn to talk like that?!"

You basically just spat on twinks which you claim to defend, simply because someone raged on you over an internet forum.
    Lolcat would be proud.
    Lawl, you win the thread, for sure. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor
    You aren't helping in defending twinks at all. In fact, you only make the stereotype of twinkers being ADHD kiddies that just want to wipe the floor with everyone stronger.
    This. ^^

Yeah, that kid is a little insane... in a bad way. But yeah, buh bye twinks!

Twinks always annoyed me. They should have their own seperate little bg to play on. See how much they like it then when all they have are other twinks to fight.