Thread: New Content

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

New Content

I been real bored between raiding so I thought about possible ideas for new content. Now I don't have a huge knowledge base for lorecraft, but I don't think I'm that far off from possibilities. They are listed by the possible main enemy, like Naxx's Undead or Ulduar's "Metal Monstrosities."

Raids:
    Trolls - There is an enormous building NE of Gundrak, perfectly made for the look of a raid dungeon. Obviously it would be kicking the crap out of trolls... again.
    Vrykul - We have explored the bottom level (UK) and the top level (UP), but there is the possibility for a Vrykul based raid using an underground complex beneath UK.
    Spiders - Plenty of "unexplored" cave space in the Pit of Narjun in Dragonblight. The spider's need to have a "new" kingdom to replace their "old" kingdom, and I doubt Azol Nerub will cut it.
    Dragons - Obviously several more doors yet to be open in Wyrmrest Temple.
    Grim Batol - I'm not sure who would be the main enemy as I'm not fully read up on the lore of this event. But it could be a CoT dungeon to experience the past, or a current dungeon to quell another Old God who has taken residence in Grim Batol.
    Icecrown Citadel - Nuff said

New Expansion
    World of Warcraft - Maelstrom
    A continent rises from the Maelstrom between the other continents. Ruled by Naga and whatever goes along with the Maelstrom in the lore.
    This would open a new continent without changing the map. IMO the spiral at the center of the map is semi-ominous enough.
    We gave Prince Kael'Thas TK after we beat him up in MagT, and KT a reformed Naxx, so what about Lady Vassj making a comeback in the new expansion.
    This would also place a new expansion solidly into current lorecraft as the need for new lore is becoming apparent once we kill the Lich King.

Also, two realm/faction wide events like AQ:
    Alliance:
    Gnomes take back Gnomergon, but accidentally blow it all to hell. Requireing the aid of all the Alliance to rebuild it.
    Horde:
    Darkspear Trolls take back the islands in southern Durotar (cant remember their names) and the Horde helps them build their own city.

I realize that they are alot like AQ... but it would stop all the Gnome/Troll City QQ from lore geeks

These are just my thoughts and what I've come up with over the past few days, feel free to post other ideas or CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. I could also use help clarifying any lore mistakes or ambiguities I may have made, or lore additions to my ideas.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Re: New Content

Deathwing is underneath Grim batol, and he will be (more than likely) be becoming a raid boss... i belive it will be like a Aspects fight, though would be nice to see where the Black flight stand... as DW is pretty much the daddy :P of all current Black dragons

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius
    Spiders - Plenty of "unexplored" cave space in the Pit of Narjun in Dragonblight. The spider's need to have a "new" kingdom to replace their "old" kingdom, and I doubt Azol Nerub will cut it.
    We definetly need one.

Trolls - There is an enormous building NE of Gundrak, perfectly made for the look of a raid dungeon. Obviously it would be kicking the crap out of trolls... again.
    We DON'T.

I'd love some more content that lets us explore the nature of the aspects so a DW raid would be awesome.
    But i wouldn't mind progressing the mystery filled story about Nozdormu's reasons behind the Infinite dragon flight.
    If he's really behind it or not and if he is, why is he causing all the "problems" we just run around solving?

10+ Year Old Account

We DON'T.
    I strongly agree with Blizzard not continuing to beat the hell out of the Trolls. How many more tribes can we annihilate over and over? However, there is that huge building there with no current purpose. And troll instances are one of few dungeon consistencies besides undead.

I am unsure of any other being who could occupy that big building or how it could be incorporated into other things. Perhaps it was a troll city but the Spiders tunneled their way there and took over.

Crazy Idea: Big building in Zul'Drak = New Darkspear troll city :P or even Gnome city :P :P or even Realm event to decide!!

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, Sen'Jin village is pretty meek.
    Although, in doing some research, outside of Org, Sen'Jin, and the few random spots around the world, the Darkspear Tribe is all but extinct from some Murloc Rampage. So if the Darkspears did take back Echo Isles, It would never be able to be the city that Orgrimmar is.

I know it requires a lot of resources, but wouldn't it be possible to add another Phasing event like the Battle for Undercity? Add a quest line for each faction to gather resources then take back Echo Isle/Gnomergon.

Echo Isle could become a small village; pretty much take out current inhabitants and replace Darkspears, no need to change buildings, maybe remove some trees to brighten it up and add a bridge to it from the mainland.

Gnomergon could be mostly destroyed by some semi-failed Gnome bomb. This would allow the gnomes to be "building" their city again with a small village outside where all the Leper Gnomes are. I realize that this would take out the Gnomergon instance, but say the gnomes take back the Leper Gnome area at least and build a sufficient community outside their former capital, keeping the need for the instance to be purged of enemies.

Deleted

I know it requires a lot of resources, but wouldn't it be possible to add another Phasing event like the Battle for Undercity? Add a quest line for each faction to gather resources then take back Echo Isle/Gnomergon.
    If blizzard ever decided to give gnomes and trolls their own capital, which I truly hope they do. Then there is two ways they could go with what I quoted.

As you said phasing, but usually Phasing is individual not global, I still find it annoying to see guildmembers on the map in argent vanguard but not in the game itself, they just cant complete their chains..

Or they could do something like silithus/isle of quel'danas. where the entire server completes daily quests/gathers resources to unlock a new building.

We gave Prince Kael'Thas MgT after we beat him up in TK, and KT a reformed Naxx, so what about Lady Vassj making a comeback in the new expansion.
    Fixed?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iebe

If blizzard ever decided to give gnomes and trolls their own capital, which I truly hope they do. Then there is two ways they could go with what I quoted.

As you said phasing, but usually Phasing is individual not global, I still find it annoying to see guildmembers on the map in argent vanguard but not in the game itself, they just cant complete their chains..

Or they could do something like silithus/isle of quel'danas. where the entire server completes daily quests/gathers resources to unlock a new building.
    best case scenario: the players decide what buildings get put into the cities. Gather X number of resources for X land plot in the city and get X building. If people want to work towards another AH then they can pour all their daily resources into that. This way a city could pop up building by building, or see the framework of everything slowly develop. -- I know this is probably not the ideal thing for WoW, as it has failed in other MMO's, but this thread is all aabout ideas.

Deleted

WATCH OUT FOR THE PANDALOVERS. They will HIJACK your thread and spread Panda's everywhere!!!

15+ Year Old Account

It's about time Blizzard updated the old world. Gnomeregan needs to be given back to the gnomes. After 4+ years, I think a bunch of level 80 players would have little trouble dealing with the problem in there. -_-

On another note, I'm personally hoping for more Chamber of Aspects raids. We haven't explored dragon lore enough.

Why do you want CONSTRUCTIVE criticism for ideas you had? It's like saying I was daydreaming about this girl I'm in love with, and now I want you to rate my day dream.

What do you want to hear? That you have a beautiful and great imagination, and that you'll make it far in this world with a mind like yours?

Okay, you're that. /thread

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Preach07
    Why do you want CONSTRUCTIVE criticism for ideas you had? It's like saying I was daydreaming about this girl I'm in love with, and now I want you to rate my day dream.

What do you want to hear? That you have a beautiful and great imagination, and that you'll make it far in this world with a mind like yours?

/agree

Okay, you're that. /thread