Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    It will root anyone that attacks the priest with melee abilites (all melee at once), yeah its a pure pvp talent like (deep freeze, metamporhosis etc.) and as for PVE, I mean spriests really shouldn't have an issue (imp spirit tap, shadow fiend, replishment etc). But if it can root npcs that would help priest to some extent in pve with the health and it actually being able to CC something. Or actually you can add in, if the aura fades from the priest and he did not take any dmg during the time the aura was active, the priest gains 250 spell power for 20 secs. Just like they did to dispersion on ptr (but end up removing it).

  2. #42

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    Well, one thing about making it similar to Meta and DF is that people spec deep into through trees probably for PvP. Frost especially, to the best of my knowledge there's no Frost raiding spec as FFB and the new Fireball spec out do it dramatically. There probably is locks out there who go Meta for PvE but most demon specs are hyrbid with destro. So my point is, making the 51 pt shadow talent soley PvE is kinda leaving PvE Spriests high and dry.

    Bosses will be immune to root effects, as will some mobs I imagine. So, using it on them won't trigger any effects from it, or will it?


  3. #43

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    Why can't they just give dispersion a glyph that regenerates health much like the trainable evocation?

    Early beta dispersion was awesome. I still would like to see some health regeneration on the current dispersion. Even if it is 2% or 3%.

    Dispersion should give a slight speed boost also. I mean, what's faster, a light cloud of shadow energy or a fat dwarf with a beer drenched beard?

  4. #44

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    The current glyph is just CD reduction? Could be a good replacement. Would be a good bonus for PvE and PvP


  5. #45

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruatek
    Well, one thing about making it similar to Meta and DF is that people spec deep into through trees probably for PvP. Frost especially, to the best of my knowledge there's no Frost raiding spec as FFB and the new Fireball spec out do it dramatically. There probably is locks out there who go Meta for PvE but most demon specs are hyrbid with destro. So my point is, making the 51 pt shadow talent soley PvE is kinda leaving PvE Spriests high and dry.

    Bosses will be immune to root effects, as will some mobs I imagine. So, using it on them won't trigger any effects from it, or will it?
    Well they could always keep the bonus spell power once the buffs goes away (added they dont get hit while its up) I'm sure a dps boost is always welcome in pve.

  6. #46

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    They had something like that on beta for a day. It was nice having that extra spell power but they took it away the next day because they didnt want to make dispersion something that people would regret using for dps instead of using it to not die or something like that.

  7. #47
    I am Murloc! ita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    5,170

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    It's not bad at all, even compared to some others you mentioned.

    Whats so powerful and awesome about chaos bolt? It's an incinerate that wount become instant with backlash but has slight more damage and lower cast time and a 12 CD

    Deep freeze is a really lousy 51 pointer for one, compared to that, dispersion is godly.
    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

  8. #48

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    Well, sounds ok but it's almost making it as situation for PvE as the current Dispersion talent you claim to be similar for PvP. As, it's not uncommon for raid members to take damage on boss fights. Though a 6 second window is small, and maybe manageable, lack of luck will case your 2/3min CD to be worth nothing.


  9. #49

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Like a 10% reduced damage on Titan's Grip? Like a lolstorm? Or Chaos Bolt? There are a lot of talents out there that aren't as good as they seem, but definitely have their reasons for being spec'd into.

    funny you mentioned 3 51-point talents that actually increase your overall dmg in some way. wait.... they all do, dispersion aside.
    also writing in a color other than black doesnt make your posts look insightful.

    Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

  10. #50

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia
    funny you mentioned 3 51-point talents that actually increase your overall dmg in some way. wait.... they all do, dispersion aside.
    also writing in a color other than black doesnt make your posts look insightful.
    Thunderstorm doesn't... lol

    It's used to regain 8% mana every 45 seconds. Spriests restore a lot more than that, and gain -90% damage taken <_<

    Seriously, stop QQing about dispersion, it is perfectly fine. Adding a health regen to it would make it uberly OP in PvP. And yet somehow you guys would be happy if it regened health too, exactly WHAT does that bring except OP in PvP where Dispersion is already fine?

  11. #51

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    Well with the way dispersion worked on ptr, you couldn't dps during those 6 seconds but would get the spell power buff once the dispersion ended, but with shadows grip you can still dps while the buff is still on you. So once it ended you get the spell power buff and didn't lose 6 secs of dps. Just an idea though.

  12. #52

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    oh and by the way we dont need to make up a new 51-pointer... during a short time on 3.1 PTR, dispersion worked as following:

    Dispersion: Restores 60% of your mana throughout 6 seconds. ALSO, if dispersion lasts its full duration without being cancelled, your spells deal 25% more damage for the next 1 minute.

    This was abandoned due to being "overpowered". I do agree 25% was a bit OP but that could be lowered down to 10%... Guess ghostcrawler's son got ganked from a shadow priest and from that day GC hates us.

    EDIT: you beat me to it darkdestiny :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    Thunderstorm doesn't... lol

    It's used to regain 8% mana every 45 seconds. Spriests restore a lot more than that, and gain -90% damage taken <_<
    Yet how many QQs have you heard about Thunderstorm? that's right, NONE. Because its actually better than you describe it, it deals damage AND kills non-pallies by throwing them off places.

    Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

  13. #53

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    Thunderstorm doesn't... lol

    It's used to regain 8% mana every 45 seconds. Spriests restore a lot more than that, and gain -90% damage taken <_<

    Seriously, stop QQing about dispersion, it is perfectly fine. Adding a health regen to it would make it uberly OP in PvP. And yet somehow you guys would be happy if it regened health too, exactly WHAT does that bring except OP in PvP where Dispersion is already fine?
    your right its fine....if you enjoy slow death. :

  14. #54

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    Still seems instead of wanting a balanced 51pter, you want a spell that'll make Spriest OP. Which'll only get nerfed in the long run, I'm sure dispersion could be made better maybe through the glyph being changed but your Shadow's Grip move seems rather OP. Mages get alot of roots as thier DPS comes from just about all casts. Spriests can move and DPS through dots, not to mention fear.

    Locking down all melee with a root effect when they hit you seems cool, though a Ele Shamans earthbind totem is alittle better as you can plant it offensively rather than waiting to be slapped. As for the DPS boost at the end being based of taking no damage, well most melee classes have a ranged move if not more. So you'd lose that if the person is competent.


  15. #55
    Pandaren Monk Deleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In the dark. Watching. Waiting
    Posts
    1,769

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    I don't say it's bad nor it's good but I'm gonna ask a question. Answer to that question is how I feel about dispersion:

    Do you want to cast dispersion on your enemy?

    Almost in all 1v1 situation my answer is yes simply because of "not being able to attack" part of the spell. It gives me some time to cast my dots and have my fear ready. When a rogue or druid pops out to take 70% of my HP in 5 secs i prefer to cast dispersion on him rather than me. Same scenario for when a retadin casts HoJ.

    In 1vX situations I prefer to cast it on myself to survive a little longer. But still it's not going to change the fight's outcome.

    As I see it the most annoying thing about this spell is the silence part. Either fix that or let us take advantage of it. Maybe the best buff to this spell is separating the mana regen buff and "silent debuff" and then let us cast it on everyone including ourselves.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

  16. #56

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruatek
    Still seems instead of wanting a balanced 51pter, you want a spell that'll make Spriest OP. Which'll only get nerfed in the long run, I'm sure dispersion could be made better maybe through the glyph being changed but your Shadow's Grip move seems rather OP. Mages get alot of roots as thier DPS comes from just about all casts. Spriests can move and DPS through dots, not to mention fear.

    Locking down all melee with a root effect when they hit you seems cool, though a Ele Shamans earthbind totem is alittle better as you can plant it offensively rather than waiting to be slapped. As for the DPS boost at the end being based of taking no damage, well most melee classes have a ranged move if not more. So you'd lose that if the person is competent.
    I really wouldn't say its that OP since it can be dispelled and even then you could tweak it a bit *cough* nerf it. And you could always wait for the 15secs to be over with then attack the priest in melee range. And the spell power boost is really for pve where your chances of taken dmg within 15secs would be less likely. Druids have something similar called natures grasp (correct me if i got the spell wrong). Granted it only works on one person. Just saying disperson isnt' that great or very fun to use. With the mention of thunderstorm, the other poster was right, no one really complains about it, its a fun spell and its an offensive one. I think thats were the problem lies, dispersion is too passive especially compared to everyone elses 51pt talent.

    PS. Fear isn't a reliable way to kite, it's so easily broken, and you can't cast it like a lock would.

  17. #57

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    Suppose that could work, maybe a shorter duration though. 15 secs is quite long, for some fights it would be fine. Razorscale, Ignis and XT if you timed it well. Though for the others, especially the Keepers DPS probably does some minor damage more than every 15 secs.
    Example being Freya:

    Sunbeam and Fury that seem to be random post, spot of bad luck and you lose your nuke CD compared to other classes that have them, and they don't need to worry about damage like Icey Viens etc. Or the three Elemental adds, water one random charges so again bad luck could royaly scew you over.

    If it were to last 15 secs, possibly making the dmg boost not negatable through damage but instead making it a dispellable buff.

    Though, if it were lowered to say 6 secs or so, undispellable but and damage taken removed the DPS boost once the effect ended. Since Dispersion atm is undispellable.



  18. #58

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruatek
    Suppose that could work, maybe a shorter duration though. 15 secs is quite long, for some fights it would be fine. Razorscale, Ignis and XT if you timed it well. Though for the others, especially the Keepers DPS probably does some minor damage more than every 15 secs.
    Example being Freya:

    Sunbeam and Fury that seem to be random post, spot of bad luck and you lose your nuke CD compared to other classes that have them, and they don't need to worry about damage like Icey Viens etc. Or the three Elemental adds, water one random charges so again bad luck could royaly scew you over.

    If it were to last 15 secs, possibly making the dmg boost not negatable through damage but instead making it a dispellable buff.

    Though, if it were lowered to say 6 secs or so, undispellable but and damage taken removed the DPS boost once the effect ended. Since Dispersion atm is undispellable.

    I actually agree with that, and it wouldn't really be OP either. And if the buff gave too much dmg they could always take it down a notch or two, to me it's just like poping a trinket.

  19. #59

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    And the conclusion of that thread:
    - Dispersion is completely fine in PvP, although Shadows aren't really represented in PvP
    - Dispersion is fine in PvE, although we don't need the Mana-Regeneration, and the -90% Dmg doesn't work on Bosses we want to use it
    - Dispersion is shit in PvP, because Shadows don't stand a chance in PvP
    - Dispersion is shit in PvE, because Shadows don't need the mana, and damage reduction doesn't work

    Summary: Its fine as an ability, although the Spec itself doesn't really need it.
    It's useless for Shadows, because we won't be usefull in PvP, and we don't need the ability in PvP

    So we get? Yep, Give us Thunderstorm, and shamans dispersion.
    Why? Melee's would finally be away from us, and we still would have an usefull mana regeneration, although we don't need it.


  20. #60
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,275

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    Dispersion works fine on General Vezax.

    I can still go OOM on fights like Yogg Saron, during Phase 2, since it's close to impossible to use the shadowfiend efficiently.

    Hey, you people know what? Mages use Evocate in hard-mode encounters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •