Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    I'd really like to know what game you're playing.
    Dispersion does not work on pretty much anything in Ulduar you'd want to use it for. This includes Saronite Vapor, Stone Grip, Slag Pot, Constrictor Tentacles, Hodir's lightning cone, or Tantrum. Maybe it's different for the EU version?

    It's completely worthless in PvE. I've yet to use it for mana in Ulduar, aside from during Yogg, and even then I probably don't need to use it.

    It's decent for PvP, but having a purely PvP 51 point talent in a tree that isn't very PvP viable is kind of dumb.

  2. #22

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    @darkdestiny.

    So far you haven't given a decent idea for a replacement, or really any coherent arguement as to why it's so bad in PvP. Sounds mostly like you're using it wrong... No wait, you're not using at all as your Disc.

    I'm not adding anything into the mix, trying to apply logic. If dispersion made you Immune to damage like bubble and iceblock, warriors -would- be able to ST it. It's quite a simple train of thought

    And I don't think Spriests get owned by every class, poor players get owned. Spriests and priests in general get alot of moves that annoy other classes to no end.

    As for DK, well disarm prevents them from using any strike attacks. Though, you're still vunerable to less of thier nukes and also abolish disease surely provides help in reducing thier damage. Unlike other classes that have to spam to cleanse, priests in all specs can place an over time cleanse effect.

    I'm not trying to say Dispersion is the best talent ever, it's not. I'm only trying to shed light on how it can be usefull.


  3. #23

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    Dispersion is amazing for pvp, so you pretty much don't take damage for 6 seconds right? What happens while you are dispersed? Well if you just used it offensively you will have 3 dots on the target trying to kill you. It also breaks snares. So if you glyph dispersion and fade you can almost kite as well as a druid. If the target actually gets on you, you can fear the melee with your aoe fear or fear/disarm. Against a ranged you can silence or use your ranged fear. You already know it can be used defensively. But do you use it when you are about to die or when that rogue pops killing spree or the warrior starts to juggernaut? If you haven't figured this out yet I'm sorry, but you aren't good at pvp as a shadow priest. If you want to see some success in the arena do double dps combos with good cc (Boomkin or ret pally are my 1st and 2nd choice)

    In pve its also extremely useful. On countless occasions it trivializes incoming damage that otherwise would kill you instantly, you also can't compare it to a mages evoc because we have our shadow fiend for that. (btw, you can pop your shadow fiend before you disperse in pvp for extra damage too.) If you don't need the mana back use it for something usefull like helping your melee on Mimiron and destroying half the mines. I've been playing a shadow priest since the release of tbc and have never been happier with my class.

  4. #24

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    Lemme start off by saying, if you enjoy shadow, awesome. It's your class, do what makes you happy. But my two-cents, I dislike where shadow is.

    After you hit 80, most priests seem to drop shadow like a ton of bricks, man up, and start healing for a change. If you already heal, then maybe it's a sign that you should stick with it and stop trying to pretend you can pvp/pve in shadow, dispersion or not (the hate is going to fly all over the place for that one. Yeah, yeah, so you can pvp/pve in shadow. FYI: everyone else seems to be doing it better. And don't give me that "I top the DPS charts!". Everyone says it about their class-spec, its getting kind of old.). I hate to pound on the spec so hard, but I find it easier to live and fight as disc in pvp.

    Now to the topic at hand: Dispersion is nice, and it's animation is awesome. But it really only gives you a moment of sigh time before you die. I have had it save my life before, as I used it to stall my enemy as my friends nuked it. But same deal with pain supression, and I was able to heal myself at the same time. I will give it that it works like a charm in PvE, but shadowfiend works just as well and can be used in any spec.

    Tell you what, if you want to survive 5 seconds longer, have the same basic jist of abilities but with more tricks/utility, QQ just as much, roll warlock. If you want Blizzard to like you, roll Pally. It's that simple.
    I am calypso, and I thank you for playing Twisted Metal.

  5. #25

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    Quote Originally Posted by Cornnelius
    Dispersion is amazing for pvp, so you pretty much don't take damage for 6 seconds right? What happens while you are dispersed? Well if you just used it offensively you will have 3 dots on the target trying to kill you. It also breaks snares. So if you glyph dispersion and fade you can almost kite as well as a druid. If the target actually gets on you, you can fear the melee with your aoe fear or fear/disarm. Against a ranged you can silence or use your ranged fear. You already know it can be used defensively. But do you use it when you are about to die or when that rogue pops killing spree or the warrior starts to juggernaut? If you haven't figured this out yet I'm sorry, but you aren't good at pvp as a shadow priest. If you want to see some success in the arena do double dps combos with good cc (Boomkin or ret pally are my 1st and 2nd choice)

    In pve its also extremely useful. On countless occasions it trivializes incoming damage that otherwise would kill you instantly, you also can't compare it to a mages evoc because we have our shadow fiend for that. (btw, you can pop your shadow fiend before you disperse in pvp for extra damage too.) If you don't need the mana back use it for something usefull like helping your melee on Mimiron and destroying half the mines. I've been playing a shadow priest since the release of tbc and have never been happier with my class.
    Right? wrong you still take 10% dmg

    If you want a real pvp talent, look at what other classes got, Frost mages for example got Deep Freeze, if that talent doesn't scream pvp i dont know what does. Also if you note i said its not a bad talent for what it is, just not a good 51pt talent. Dispersion is too weak when you compare it to other classes and their 51pt talent, plain and simple. And if its so good, why dont you see very many spriests with high arena ratings? I'm waiting to see what dispersion has to offer and so far its crap. And in pve so it helps with incomming dmg, for 6secs...so when it's gone and you have incomming dmg again, what are you going to do? not a damn thing. And who in there right mind would pop shadow fiend just for the purpose of dmg? And trust me i have been shadow from tbc-wrath then quit. I have killed so many spriests on so many classes it's not even funny. And you said what do they do when the spriest is about to die? yes i do know what they would do. Pop dispersion then die after 6secs cause they can't do anything else. And If there were good spriests SK-gaming would have a whole list of top rating teams feature spriests instead of disc. Spriests needs help in the pvp area, dispersion doesn't cut it, if you enjoy never breaking 1500 (exaggerated but you get the point) in arena then dispersion is right for you

  6. #26

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    Quote Originally Posted by zsuper
    I'd really like to know what game you're playing.
    Dispersion does not work on pretty much anything in Ulduar you'd want to use it for. This includes Saronite Vapor, Stone Grip, Slag Pot, Constrictor Tentacles, Hodir's lightning cone, or Tantrum. Maybe it's different for the EU version?

    It's completely worthless in PvE. I've yet to use it for mana in Ulduar, aside from during Yogg, and even then I probably don't need to use it.

    It's decent for PvP, but having a purely PvP 51 point talent in a tree that isn't very PvP viable is kind of dumb.
    dispersion does alot in PvE...

    o.0 i pulled aggro on trash, dispersion.

    o.0 im in kologarns right arm. let me regain some mana and live while im stuck doing nothing any way.

    o.0 im an ice block on KT, let me dispersion.

    o.0 im waiting for a chopper to pick me up after landing from Flev, dispersion.

    i could go on..
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I'm going to hell, and you're all coming with me.

  7. #27

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruatek
    @darkdestiny.

    So far you haven't given a decent idea for a replacement, or really any coherent arguement as to why it's so bad in PvP. Sounds mostly like you're using it wrong... No wait, you're not using at all as your Disc.

    I'm not adding anything into the mix, trying to apply logic. If dispersion made you Immune to damage like bubble and iceblock, warriors -would- be able to ST it. It's quite a simple train of thought

    And I don't think Spriests get owned by every class, poor players get owned. Spriests and priests in general get alot of moves that annoy other classes to no end.

    As for DK, well disarm prevents them from using any strike attacks. Though, you're still vunerable to less of thier nukes and also abolish disease surely provides help in reducing thier damage. Unlike other classes that have to spam to cleanse, priests in all specs can place an over time cleanse effect.

    I'm not trying to say Dispersion is the best talent ever, it's not. I'm only trying to shed light on how it can be usefull.
    @ Ruatek, If you read my earlier post I said it would be better if they gave it it's health regen back, and I have explained why it sucks in pvp (which shows your lack of reading comprehension). And if by your logic poorly players get owned then i guess spriests attracts alot of them cause they owned quite abit. But good thing I dont follow your logic, its the class that needs help not the players. Oh and disarm on a DK.........yeah your less vunerable to their nukes.......oh wait....Howling blast is a spell....damn guess disarm wont help....oh crap so is death coil, its ok though we got dispersion to help shortly after! but wait after that then what?......

    PS. One more time. I said almost every class, and I highlighted it in bold.........reading comprehension fails again.

  8. #28

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    I did say "less vunerable" not impervious, depending on what spec of DK you come across will differ it's effectiveness. But, that's the reason they implimented talent trees. For diversity.

    And I'm still wondering why you're bitching about a shadow 51 pt talent, when you're Disc.


  9. #29

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruatek
    I did say "less vunerable" not impervious, depending on what spec of DK you come across will differ it's effectiveness. But, that's the reason they implimented talent trees. For diversity.

    And I'm still wondering why you're bitching about a shadow 51 pt talent, when you're Disc.
    /sigh..... dude you really need school. I never said i was bitching, I was giving my opinion on the talent in general, going back to the OP. You had to throw in your two cents which contributed nothing to the Thread.

    PS. And I'm still wondering why, you still continue to debate this with me, like my opinion is going to change?

  10. #30

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    umm disc is also a stronger spec in pvp then holy, you wont see shadow priests when disc is just that much stronger coupled with a rogue.
    only die hards will be in there as shadow and die hards are normally bad and don't care.
    dispersion is a shit ton more effective in pve then the entire frost spec above icy veins as putting points in there rather then another spec lowers the damage versus speccing something else...

    and after that u use ur bubble and do damage to them in return and use silence and all the other abilities you have instead of thinking your 51 point talent should save you from everything ever in the world.

  11. #31

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    Oh, ok. We're dropping down to maturity insults. Well, I won't stoop so low.

    And nor have you contributed much to your own thread, still waiting on a respetable suggestion for a new 51 pt talent.

    Next reply, let's hear it. Instead of quoting what I've said.


  12. #32

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    I don't know why people think dispersion is AMAZING in PVP. Yes, its a needed talent in pvp. The problem with it is that it does to much in one talent, its one of your mana regen abilities/defensive ability and help with mobility issues.

    With the mass amounts of cleave in arena these days, you pretty much have to pop dispersion relatively quickly into the game if you are focused, so 1 of your mana regen abilities is burned quickly on.

    As for spriest mobility, it's still complete trash with dispersion and fade-- (fade is just as bad, removing 1 snare when, just another one of the 1000 stares out there will be reapplied..YAY!!!) -- and mobolity has been made worse with the removal of rocket boots.


    I like dispersion in pvp and as well as PVE (don't have tons of pve gear so it helps me with mana), but I don't see how anyone can call this talent AMAZING in anyway.

    I don't think they need to change dispersion, they just need to fix spriest mobility.


    On AJ, people have suggested giving "Body and Soul" as a base line talent, but nerf it. (in its current form it would be obviously OP for all specs of priest to have it).

    Take out the posion removal..keep that in deep holy in another talent; don't link it with PW:S and make it only selfcastable; put an exhaustion debuff on it or some type of cooldown; probably nerf the run speed down as well (depending on length of CD/exhuastion debuff).

    and as for fade, it should make you immune to snares for its duration because in its current state its a pretty much useless.

  13. #33

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruatek
    Oh, ok. We're dropping down to maturity insults. Well, I won't stoop so low.

    And nor have you contributed much to your own thread, still waiting on a respetable suggestion for a new 51 pt talent.

    Next reply, let's hear it. Instead of quoting what I've said.
    Yep and your comment is quoted with bold highlights. Please tell me what part of GIVE DISPERSION BACK IT'S HEALTH REGEN. Isn't clear to you? that sounds like a suggestion to me don't you think?

  14. #34

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    New talent? Not improvement on the current. Even I've agreeded the HP regen would be nice.

    You're original purpose of this thread was:

    We all know Dispersion has it uses, but it's not as powerful and/or awesome as the 51-talent it really should be! (Bladestorm. chaos bolt, explosive shot, etc.).
    Spriests can neither mix their speccs like rogues (assassination/subtely), so the 51-talent is vital, yet Dispersion sux(imo).

    Therefore; I'd like you (insert Uncle Sam here)
    To make your own SPriest 51-talent or tweak it into something more viable, cool and awesome.

    I'd like to see some creativity(mine disapeared millenia ago, so don't expect anything from me)!

    Perhaps the developers can open their eyes soon.

    So, new talent? One that's as powerfull as Bladestorm, Chaos Bolt etc.

    Let's "Stick to the topic and stop adding in extra crap into the mix" and talk about improved 51 talent. But a new one, something I've been asking you for since the start.


  15. #35

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz
    and that's where your problem is. all 51 talent points aren't supposed to be like explosive shot / titans grip that improve your dps wildly. some are situational (deep freeze, shadow dance, starfall, meta, thunderstorm, etc) and blizz is FINE with that. deal with it.
    I'm not saying dispersion should be a main dmg source or dmg contributor, but something.. better, I still think dispersion is not the talent it deserves to be. As previously mentioned it's too much in one talent and that might be what makes it bad. Fade should properly take care of movement impairing effects, while dispersion should have a shorter CD and/or replenish more mana and/or replenish health as well (again), that could actually fix SPriests in arena. My friend loves being a SPriest and really don't want to go disc to be viable in arena, he ain't that bad when it comes to pvp healing, but as he rolled a hybrid class, why should he be locked to one role when he doesn't like it? This is what I based this thread about.

    I'll rephrase it then; How should dispersion be if it were to solve one/some/all SPriests' problems in arena?

  16. #36

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruatek
    New talent? Not improvement on the current. Even I've agreeded the HP regen would be nice.

    You're original purpose of this thread was:

    We all know Dispersion has it uses, but it's not as powerful and/or awesome as the 51-talent it really should be! (Bladestorm. chaos bolt, explosive shot, etc.).
    Spriests can neither mix their speccs like rogues (assassination/subtely), so the 51-talent is vital, yet Dispersion sux(imo).

    Therefore; I'd like you (insert Uncle Sam here)
    To make your own SPriest 51-talent or tweak it into something more viable, cool and awesome.

    I'd like to see some creativity(mine disapeared millenia ago, so don't expect anything from me)!

    Perhaps the developers can open their eyes soon.

    So, new talent? One that's as powerfull as Bladestorm, Chaos Bolt etc.

    Let's "Stick to the topic and stop adding in extra crap into the mix" and talk about improved 51 talent. But a new one, something I've been asking you for since the start.
    Shadows Grip - The priest surounds himself with an aura of shadow energy. Any melee dmg to the priest will root the target in Shadows causing shadow dmg and restoring 5% of the priests maxium health as long as the target stays rooted. Roots can be dispelled, last 15 Secs with 2mn Cooldown.

    Anything else you want to add Ruatek?

  17. #37

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Like a 10% reduced damage on Titan's Grip? Like a lolstorm? Or Chaos Bolt? There are a lot of talents out there that aren't as good as they seem, but definitely have their reasons for being spec'd into.
    Except Metamorphosis, which is a dps loss to grab because going more than 41 points into demonology sucks >_>

  18. #38

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    How often would the HP regen tick, dark?

    I'm not here to 'add', you made a thread to discuss a new talent. Now we have a suggestion, we can discuss it. Purpose of a forum, and a thread.


  19. #39

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruatek
    How often would the HP regen tick, dark?

    I'm not here to 'add', you made a thread to discuss a new talent. Now we have a suggestion, we can discuss it. Purpose of a forum, and a thread.
    Ticks for 5% maxium health for 6 secs as long as the target is rooted. Once it breaks it stops healing the priest. The priest will have the aura on for 15secs. The target stays rooted for 6secs (unless dispelled). ofc this is purely for pvp which is what the OP wanted. Helps the priest kite and not get raped by melee. Even though dispersion breaks movement imparing effects, so does fade (if you spec for it) and two of the same thing can be somewhat useful but more of a waste. If you get charged/hamstring by a warrior, fear and he breaks it. Trinket/fade whatever and use shadows grip. Watch him get rooted you get health back then melt face.

  20. #40

    Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

    Well, that sounds cool. Though some classes get talents to reduce root effects etc.

    Hm, without a mana regen aspect the talent is now tipped purely to PvP. PvE SP's would complain that it's no use to them etc. So some kinda mana thing should be added.

    Would it root all melee attackers or just one? As dispersion reduces all damage taken, where as this root effect will take one melee out of the action but not casters. Our disarm/fear already fills that niche.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •