Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Shadow Priest 51-talent

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    HEY GUISE, SHADOWFORM DOESN'T DO DAMAGE EITHER, CLEARLY A DEFENSIVE TALENT RITE?

There is hardly a spriest on this wreched forum that knows how to play.
    This:

Quote Originally Posted by rimmer
    i retract my statement, Strykzor is a tool.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Bad players at a easy game are calling me bad/idiot/tool on the internet.

DUCK AND COVER

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Quote Originally Posted by darkdestiny
    Right? wrong you still take 10% dmg

If you want a real pvp talent, look at what other classes got, Frost mages for example got Deep Freeze, if that talent doesn't scream pvp i dont know what does. Also if you note i said its not a bad talent for what it is, just not a good 51pt talent.
    *snip*
    Quite a lot of frost mages would have quite liked something you are actually able to cast in PVE and get more than an *IMMUNE* message, something that would help them be a viable PVE spec. Grass is not always greener.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by hawt
    Ofc it's slightly decent in several cases, but what I'm trying to underline is that it ain't as powerful as a 51-talent should be(imho).

Not to mention retardins hit "through" the the dmg reduction effect, so it's not a proper wtf-button when I'm on thin ice.

One of the major SPriest consern in arena is mana, but dispersion shouldn't be the thing dealing with that (which it does poorly in pvp anyway).

Another priest has taken a different but more throughly approach to Spriest arena problems here:
    http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....64122054&sid=1
    Jezus idiot, they can only hit through while under the effects of Avenging Wrath... So yes, it IS a proper "wtf" button because you do not only just face paladins, they also don't have Avenging Wrath for ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen
    A 3 minutes Cooldown Spell on a 15 Min Enrage Fight? And even manapots? Shadowfiend on constant CD?
    I didn't need to use it even once on a normal Yogg Kill. Shadowfiend and Spirit:Tap from tentacle kills were more than enough to keep me up, even with sleeping dispellers who left a full duration poison on me.
    Lucky you, our melee downs the small tenacles so fast it's impossible to gain any mana whatsoever from Fiend.

And it's stupid not to use it in Phase 3, when moving in/out of a sanity well, which you are very very likely to having to do at least once.

But on the abilities you really could need it, it doesn't work. Freya Roots, Light Bomb and Tantrum on XT. And some more.
    Just do XT in hardmode, he gets easier that way (I'm not kidding)

Occasionally Tanking? Get active Warlocks, Soul Link and 20% more Healing Taken combined with more HP, and you don't need it here.
    Mimiron Hardmode, ye?

And for that reason i'm testing out this:http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bVcbuZZGxfVRfzcfqfzA
    And as it currently stands after some testing, dispersion is probably never going to come back to me.
    Gratz on being terribad.

Have fun dieing on hardmodes, where Dispersion could have saved you. I'm sure your guild loves you now!

Oh and did I mention Mimiron Hardmode? I think I did, but lets say it again. Mimiron Hardmode!
    Bypassing fires without taking damage, on a 3 minute cooldown. Trust me, mages and warlocks would kill for that ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    ST & IST is a waste of 5 points, particularly when you evaluate the BiS uld gear, there is very little spirit which makes the dps component of this talent poor at best. Instead I get to pick up Shadow Affinity & Imp VE. Before you get on your band wagon and tell me threat reduction is useless, i'm the only caster not crying about being threat capped for Hodir hard mode attempts. I can also AoE extremely aggressively and I have 0 threat issues for Vezax... in other words i'm getting a lot more value with this talent than ST.
    Wait... this is wrong, I suggested this, and people spend 4 pages calling me a retard.

..... lulz!

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Wait... this is wrong, I suggested this, and people spend 4 pages calling me a retard.

..... lulz!
    Hey, not all of us did. I'd been a little more worried about the mana component. (Blizz said that mana changes for "in casting" would be "the same" but how often can you trust that?)
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

(Add this to the end of Dispersion) when Dispersion is cast, it causes your damage over time effects on all targets within a 30yd range to erupt for 25% of the damage duration, this damage can be a critical hit.

Not only is this an OH shit in pvp to people trying to stop you, its also a DPS boost while in pve for the 6 seconds you can't cast.

Many people seem to like Dispersion: its highly-priced glyph alone should tell you that.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester
    Many people seem to like Dispersion: its highly-priced glyph alone should tell you that.
    6g is highly-priced?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

And it's stupid not to use it in Phase 3, when moving in/out of a sanity well, which you are very very likely to having to do at least once.
    Mind explaining where in the "One Light in Darkness"-Kills do you see the "terribad" Sanity-Well?
    Lucky you, our melee downs the small tenacles so fast it's impossible to gain any mana whatsoever from Fiend.
    How about casting it on a crusher when they're banished, if you have one alive still...
    Or how about the small ones, while your melees are clearing the illusions?
    I don't think they your melees can down the small tentacles that spawn while they are fighting the illusion.
    Oh and did I mention Mimiron Hardmode? I think I did, but lets say it again. Mimiron Hardmode!
    Bypassing fires without taking damage, on a 3 minute cooldown. Trust me, mages and warlocks would kill for that ability.
    Wait? You so "terribad" to get captured by the fire? Your mages are so "terribad" to use blink the right way and your warlocks too are so "terribad" to at least place their demonic circle to have a chance to escape?
    Have fun dieing on hardmodes, where Dispersion could have saved you. I'm sure your guild loves you now!
    What hardmodes are left to die? I can only name some, if i'm "terribad"
    Mimiron if you're "terribad". Freya if you're "terribad".
    On Hodir, Vezax, Thorim, Leviathan, Council and XT, you don't even need it if you're "terribad".

Oh. And did i mentioned "terribad"? I think i did, but lets say it again.
    Dispersion is "terribad". And even more so "terribad" for the 51-talent.

Only players who get carried assume they'll never have to use survivability cooldowns in progress raiding on hardmode encounters.

You do know, as well as I, as many encounters got a large amount of RNG, and you CAN be fucked one way or another, and then I'll happily give my 1 talent point for a survivability cooldown.

In TBC, SK's mages specced into Cold Snap, allowing them to Ice Block twice on Kil'jaeden. (And as you might remember, they got world first).

Only terribad players underestimate the value of a survivability cooldown. And the fact ours return A LOT OF MANA as well, make it superior to pretty much everything, even the Paladin Bubble.

Haven't read any other post than first and second, but..

Quote Originally Posted by hawt
    ... awesome as the 51-talent it really should be!
    Oh hai! BM 51p-talent?

In TBC, SK's mages specced into Cold Snap, allowing them to Ice Block twice on Kil'jaeden. (And as you might remember, they got world first).
    So let me tell you, mages we're most likely on orb duty, so sometimes oor for healers. And BC is far away from WotLK on difficulty.
    You do know, as well as I, as many encounters got a large amount of RNG, and you CAN be fucked one way or another, and then I'll happily give my 1 talent point for a survivability cooldown.
    If you are fucked due to RNG, and need a surviveability cooldown for it, it shouldn't be the 51-talent in a tree, but a core ability, or comparable to the placement of cold snap.
    Shadows already have the best surviveability, due to -15% dmg reduction and VE-Healing, adding more to them, while other missing any sort of surviveability (in PvE point of view) is kind of stupid.

Only terribad players underestimate the value of a survivability cooldown. And the fact ours return A LOT OF MANA as well, make it superior to pretty much everything, even the Paladin Bubble.
    Only terribad player come in the situation to need such cooldowns, due to them slacking off or as the name states, being terribad. RNG is no valid reason for the 51-talent to be one. And a mana regeneration talent is neither fit to be a 51-talent.

And one other thing, you're stating following:
    a)Your melees kill all small tentacle on yogg, so you don't have to damage them.
    b)You're going oom on Yogg-Saron.
    Following from a) you're only doing single-target dps, since crushers are the only thing alive. Following b) that means you're going OOM on single-target dps. With Manapots and Dispersion on Cooldown. How is that possible?
    And one more thing:
    our melee downs the small tenacles so fast it's impossible to gain any mana whatsoever from Fiend.
    Casting the shadowfiend on a immun target doesn't stop it from providing mana.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen
    So let me tell you, mages we're most likely on orb duty, so sometimes oor for healers. And BC is far away from WotLK on difficulty.If you are fucked due to RNG, and need a surviveability cooldown for it, it shouldn't be the 51-talent in a tree, but a core ability, or comparable to the placement of cold snap.
    Shadows already have the best surviveability, due to -15% dmg reduction and VE-Healing, adding more to them, while other missing any sort of surviveability (in PvE point of view) is kind of stupid.
    Erm, I would say the ability to instantly heal yourself without having to spend massive amounts of mana shifting back into Shadowform is quite a nice bit of survivability, too. Which the other priest trees can do.

Only terribad player come in the situation to need such cooldowns, due to them slacking off or as the name states, being terribad. RNG is no valid reason for the 51-talent to be one. And a mana regeneration talent is neither fit to be a 51-talent.
    It must be nice to be able to perfectly predict and avoid all random attacks in the game. You must tell us how, because you seem to be saying that unless you have the ability to see into the future and move away from attacks that you have absolutely no way of predicting, then you are terribad. Failing that, I quite like being able to use a cooldown to avoid damage and get mana restored as well.

And one other thing, you're stating following:
    a)Your melees kill all small tentacle on yogg, so you don't have to damage them.
    b)You're going oom on Yogg-Saron.
    Following from a) you're only doing single-target dps, since crushers are the only thing alive. Following b) that means you're going OOM on single-target dps. With Manapots and Dispersion on Cooldown. How is that possible?
    And one more thing: Casting the shadowfiend on a immun target doesn't stop it from providing mana.....
    Casting it on a target that dies a second after, leaving it with nobody to attack provides you with no mana. If you have Shadowcrawl macro'd to be used automatically, it will have to run over to the second target, wasting most of the duration.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    It must be nice to be able to perfectly predict and avoid all random attacks in the game. You must tell us how, because you seem to be saying that unless you have the ability to see into the future and move away from attacks that you have absolutely no way of predicting, then you are terribad. Failing that, I quite like being able to use a cooldown to avoid damage and get mana restored as well.
    What random attacks do we have in Ulduar?
    Leviathan, Ignis, Razorscale, XT, Kologarn, Council, Hodir, Thorim, Mimiron, Vezax and Yogg-Saron have NOTHING that is not predictable or at least what is "random" is taken care by your Vampiric Embrace Healing.
    Even on Freya Hardmode the only random thing are the roots.
    Otherwise name something random, but at least include my next sentence.
    I don't need to see into the future, although i probably can, knowing your answer to this post already.
    And this leaves us with a 51-talent that gives 36% mana every 3 minutes, that i don't even need. And good investment......

Kaesebrezen since you're so good you don't need the Dispersion, who granted several priests in several world top guilds, the ability to survive RNG and win the fight, tell me one thing:

Why haven't you killed Algalon 25 yet? oh SNAP!

Better not feed the troll more.

I just want to make a comment to Kaesebrezen who is causing this ruckus. Blizz did not make 51 pt talents for Ulduar. Stop complaining when they don't match up exactly. They were made at the end of BC because Blizz thought that in both pvp and pve, shadow priests could use a damage mitigation spell and another mana regenerating spell. Just because a new raid is out, why would they change the 51 point talents to be the most effective for that raid? The majority of people in this thread find it situational but helpful.

Also, spriests don't have a gap that they need to fill. Most other classes with awesome 51 pt talents had problems before, like survival couldnt dps, arms warriors werent that great, and destro warlocks spammed shadowbolt which blizz didn't want. I feel that the changes to devouring plague count for the filler to our spec, as I barely even remember using it in BC. We don't need another damage spell, most classes have survivability spells, all we have is shield, so I think this is very welcome. If you're the only one complaining here (and you are) you might as well just stop because you're not going to get anywhere.

..... lulz!
    I never called you a retard, I do remember saying it is a slight dps talent but when you evaluate the dps effect for 5 points you convinced me it wasn't worth it.

And like I've said b4, I don't always agree with you and sometimes think you're a little harsh on people but I do respect what you have to say coz you generally say something intelligent unlike a lot of other people.

Well, running with a general build without IST, and a special build for General Vezax, these days.

People would probably also wonder about the builds Ensidia's warlocks and mages took for hard-mode progress.

[i]The end justifies the means[i], simple as that.