Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Enchant expertise over AP?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    I can haz Eggo wafflez? # # #
    Cookies>>>>>Egos.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terokkar&n=Greatrichie

Quote Originally Posted by greatrichie

Adamson.... tell me how they're buffing Earthshaper. I needz to know... maybe I won't have to try and get Aesirs edge anytime soon...
    I haven't seen anything yet. But if XT hardmode drops that stupid fucking hit gun again this week I'm going to be ill.

I keep passing on Aesirs... I just got Earthshaper, and I hate being a weapon whore.

Well whatever they did to it, I have ~40 more AP in my sig than I do on armory... I dunno why...

Edit: maybe the sigs old... but I don't remember ever having that much AP in normal gear... and teh crit and hit and everything is the same... and I have 19 more str. Hmm I dunno. We'll see.

I keep passing on Aesirs... I just got Earthshaper, and I hate being a weapon whore.
    idk, They'd have to buff it alot to make it better than aesir's i think. If you don't need hit last I checked aesir's was really close to voldrethar as far as output was concerned.

Plus, that sword model is gangster. And you know how us paladins are about looks

(we want to look good, even though we don't a lot of the time)

That sword is horrific looking... And not in like a "Oh man that looks so scary" way. More like a "Oh man when is that pally gonna morph into the pink one" kind of way.Earthshaper model>>>>>Aesirs/Voldrethar model. Just imo.

10+ Year Old Account

That sword is horrific looking... And not in like a "Oh man that looks so scary" way. More like a "Oh man when is that pally gonna morph into the pink one" kind of way.Earthshaper model>>>>>Aesirs/Voldrethar model. Just imo.
    That sword looks like it belongs on a Gunda--

Erm, I mean...

To each his own :P

Going to the grocery, do things alone now mostaly.

brb

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    I haven't seen anything yet. But if XT hardmode drops that stupid fucking hit gun again this week I'm going to be ill.
    We got another sword this week >.< I sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight
    Oh I dunno, ElitistJerks maybe...

Rawr favors Expertise over AP point for point till Exp cap, Redcape's does as well, and of course the following:

Pawn: v1: "Ret PvE": ArmorPenetration=0.7, CritRating=0.9, Dps=6.15, Strength=1.7, Agility=0.84, ExpertiseRating=1.64, HasteRating=0.81, HitRating=1.9, Ap=0.67, MetaSocket=107, RedSocket=26, YellowSocket=26, BlueSocket=25

not to mention Paladin Schmaladin as well. Shall I go on?

AP is our bottom stat aside from SP and Int, obviously. Do some research before posting an ignorant, retarded 2 word question.
    What the problem with this is though is that, obviously point for point Exp is better than AP, but you don't gem 16 Exp or 16 AP (example), obviously that 16 Exp would be better, but the correct gem is 32 AP, which would win out.

Also, this is a comparative argument just saying your logic is flawed, realistically you obviously gem 16str. Also, I'm not sure what numbers those are you linked, but they must be relativistic and not AP=1.

16 Exp>32 AP under the cap.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dukamok
    What the problem with this is though is that, obviously point for point Exp is better than AP, but you don't gem 16 Exp or 16 AP (example), obviously that 16 Exp would be better, but the correct gem is 32 AP, which would win out.

Also, this is a comparative argument just saying your logic is flawed, realistically you obviously gem 16str. Also, I'm not sure what numbers those are you linked, but they must be relativistic and not AP=1.
    Gemming 16 Expertise going off of those numbers = 26.24 DPS
    Gemming 32 AP " " = 21.44 DPS

16 Exp > 32 AP when gemming.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukamok

The correct gem is definately not 32 AP, it'd be 16 Str which would win out as it's Str and not AP.

Those Pawn values are just one example, other references like Rawr and Redcape have slightly different values but all seem to agree that Exp is much better pt for pt vs AP. But as I said earlier as well, usually you won't gem for Exp or enchant for it anyway so it's really a moot point. I was looking specifically at what the OP was talking about, 15 Exp enchant vs 38 AP enchant.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight
    The correct gem is definately not 32 AP, it'd be 16 Str which would win out as it's Str and not AP.

Those Pawn values are just one example, other references like Rawr and Redcape have slightly different values but all seem to agree that Exp is much better pt for pt vs AP. But as I said earlier as well, usually you won't gem for Exp or enchant for it anyway so it's really a moot point. I was looking specifically at what the OP was talking about, 15 Exp enchant vs 38 AP enchant.
    STR vs EXP isn't the topic being argued. It doesn't matter what the correct gem is. When someone says 32 AP is better than 16 EXP, they are wrong. There was no mention of 16 STR vs 16 EXP, or which is the correct gem for that matter. Please keep up with the conversation.

With next to no expertise as the op says, try to find gear with expertise.

By the sounds of the way it works, very similar to the way spriest work, gear for hit, gem for damage, ofcourse melee have an expertise curveball

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie