Thread: xp from pvp?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: xp from pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius
    Very well put... I vote Optional XP gains
    Ever play 19 bracket?? over 75% of the toons are twinks. when twinking a class there is really on 1, mayb 2 pieces of gear for each slot.. thats what he meant by every1 having the same gear.

Clearly you had a bad experience againsst twinks tht scarred you.
    I don't believe you understand what he meant sir.  You say that there's only 1 or 2 pieces of gear that a TWINK wants per slot.  How do you get them?  Do you get them on your twink character, or have a higher level character craft an item, or do a red-level quest for you to get the item or put a ridiculous enchant on an item.  A non-twink player has appropriate gear for the quests and mobs he can kill for his level, not BRD gear in the 49 bracket or something akin to this.  The funny thing about twinking is it requires a higher level character to pull off.  You have to "cheat the system" to get the money/gear for your twink. 

People have said too bad for the newbies, we all had to deal with this.  False.  Roll on a new server when it has just come up.  You won't have any twinks until the majority of the population reaches 60-70 out of 80, thus proving my point that you must have a higher level character to twink.

Twinking itself is a choice.  Those who twink pay just as much to play as those who don't.  I don't see a reason to ban them from twinking if that's what makes them happy, but only so long as it doesn't drive more customers away than those that it keeps by allowing it.  So at the moment twinking is fine, but don't come in here telling me that it's the really skilled players that can twink.  It takes deep pockets and more than one character doing the work.  Only skill involved is wowheading the items you want and then getting them.
    "We could kill everyone!"

"So what do you think?"

"I'm strangely comfortable with it"

Quote Originally Posted by telemain
    There's no art to twinking. Art means there's creativity. There is only math and spreadsheets to twinking.

Everyone is geared similarly? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh yea, definitely, it's not like twinking is basically DEFINED by having obscene gear for the level. Everyone != twinks.

Skill and timing are the only factors? Really? REALLY? Yea, I'm sure the GEAR of a TWINK has no effect on who wins.

Christ man, you have completely lost touch with reality, haven't you? I don't think twinking should be removed. It's not my playstyle, but I believe people should have the option to do it at least. But you... man you are just plain delusional.
    obviously you couldn't tell that whole paragraph you quoted was about twinking(not lvl 15 newbs). by "everyone", i mean every twink. you say "obscene gear", i say optimal.

when i say skill and timing are the only factors, i'm talking twink vs twink.

the art of twinking comes in when a)you get to choose a specific character b)how you play that character c)what resources you dedicate to that character.

using an alt gives you the freedom to play more specifically than using a main toon. are you gonna camp the GY? are you gonna run the flag? are you gonna defend? are you gonna pick off the FC? you choose your toon based on how you want to play BGs. twinks are also somewhat immune to outrageous buffs and nerfs. your lvl 19 hunter is still pwnage, your lvl 49 mage is still a tricky sucka. lastly, anyone can make a proper twink...ANYONE! you aren't penalized for not doing arenas, or having rep, or doing Ulduar hard-mode. you take your gold, you run a few instances, you do a few quests = twink done.

Quote Originally Posted by Claym
    You also wouldn't bring your Formula 1 racer to the school zone and try to defend your child roadkill.
    you are viewing twinking and low level BGs as rudimentary and simple. when you have two teams of mostly twinks and puedo-twinks, it makes for a very exciting and competitive match. sure, level 14 pallies wearing cloth will be collateral damage for both sides. same could be argued for a lvl 80 in greens, 0 resil. such is pvp.
    "Twinking is a way to invest in a different type of game balance at early levels. If you think that twink groups invest all of that gold and attention merely to roll noobs, you are mistaken. " -Blue post

Now with patch 3.2, we're technically supporting twinking by allowing players who aren't level capped to play in Battlegrounds without risking leveling up. -Blue post

there's nothing wrong with twinking.
    oh no, your dying in pvp, you go to the AH and buy a decent peice of gear because it was an upgrade, and you could afford it.

now,
    another player is leveling a new toon, and decides to pvp. they already have a 80, and they give they're alt a little gold for gear. maybe not, maybe they have a friend run them through a dungeon or two. or heck, they spend a few badges on heirlooms. now they have some BiS gear.
    so, because the other person leveled a character to 80, or spent time making friends to help them [VS QQ'ing on forums], that person is stupid?

honestly I dont care if they add xp to battle grounds, i have a twink i play when im bored. but i also work on my 80 a majority of the time.
    if your in a low level battle ground. and you have crap gear, you probably are going to die.
    you guys are basically crying that team A beat team B because they worked harder.

if your using an analogy like, oh, i dont know
    "bring your Formula 1 racer to the school zone and try to defend your child roadkill."
    then your doing it wrong.

and whats so unfair about it? anyone can go level a character. or farm some gold. and make a twink.
    and that other guy has a point, twinking is the purest form of pvp. anyone can get the gear, its an even playing field. it all comes down to skill.

oh and by the way, when you get to 80 it isnt any different. when you first get into pvp your going to get roflstomped. you wont start with pvp gear, your going to have to earn it. just like everyone else does.

oh no, Justicar Thatguy is lame because hes owning me in pvp, and its all because he was a noob and bought honor gear... NO

how could they fix that? why would they? you dont want to put the effort in? don't expect to win!
    that is exactly what you guys sound like right now. player X has more gear and has played longer. nerf it.

what i never understood was why people bother to pvp in the lower brackets at all. the whole problem would be solved if only 80's could pvp.

the reason people twink is because they want to fight other people in a fair battle that comes down to skill.. it takes weeks maybe months to get to that level at 80. and maybe 15-20 minutes [if you have a high level character] if you do it in a lower bracket like 10-19.

whats worse is they already "nerfed" twinks by removing nearly all the stamina enchants. which is actually a lot of help, now anyone can make the best character in the bracket. and its all A LOT more skill based now that it takes 4 scrub grey gear forums QQ'ers to kill you instead of the 9 before. which is still sad. even if everyone used the exact same ,lame , level 11 green gear, people would still QQ because they cant roll they're faces on the keyboard and win, they have to learn they're classes [OH NO!].

========================================================================================== =============================
    TLDR

your fighting a pointless battle.

"I feel like wasting time in a stupid place for no reason to do nothing significant instead of leveling, and the people who want a challenge pvp wise without wasting 6 months of there life for the honor grind to do so are owning my face with the gear they got for 10g, which i could easily farm but wont because im lazy, nerf it nerf it nerf it"

"Hey, i want to work a blizzard, and i dont care about the people who train hard to do so, so you should fire people so i can get hired and be cool, because i feel like it"

GG =D
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

All I can say about twinks is, Ive never met a twink that's good in any way at max level pvp, thus they want to feel OP and they make a twink.

wall of text penetrates resilience and crits for over ninethousand

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    I hope it's forced on every little twink out there.

Being a twink is like a 35 year old going back to first grade to be the smartest kid in class, and then bragging about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazdakka
    In that it's complete bollocks where the people with the better gear/class/spec come out on top.
    and how is that different from 80?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy0guns
    it was already said: pvp xp has been debated forever and it is squashed every time(twink lobbying?).

for those of you who don't understand the art of twinking, you are just QQing. there is a dedication to understanding how to twink and also to gather the resources to twink. twinking at the lower levels is pvp at its truest form. everyone is geared similarly, the are no real OP abilities, a sucky player usually isn't carried by a good healer. for twinks, skill and timing are the only discernible factors.

for a new player...ya it kinda sucks. we all went through it. welcome to life. the big fish eats the little fish.

if you think of twinking like Formula 1 racing...you wouldn't bring mom's minivan and hope to compete.

Yeah right. Its the best way to feel the most Godly, thats why people twink. At levels before you get all of your abilities there are more limitations on what players can do. Twinking makes players Godly when gameplay is much more basic and abilities are marginalized by not having the full array players have at 80.

On the plus side twinks and low levels don't have to deal with the bloat of lvl 80 gearing which is a climb in itself.

If this is gonna happen, it should be competitive to PvE leveling, else it would just be another waste of time crap thing

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wazdakka
    I hope there isn't.

I hope it's significant and there's no way around it.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

maybe add the ability to turn honor and marks into XP? instead of direct gains..

Much like buying honor with marks or WG Commendation with shards/marks
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

I don't see how no one suggested this. Why not have a twinks ONLY battleground, that does -not- give EXP, and only allows the max level player to get in? This keeps the twinks and the non twinks separate. It lets them have their fun, and it lets people actually leveling to have fun.

My personal opinion is that twinking is griefing. If we could get the two categories of players apart, everyone is happy. I know of many twinks who twink in ORDER to grief. If they choose to do this, they choose to gain exp. IF they don't want EXP, they can't fight anyone but themselves.

Is there -any- problem with my solution?

Super Simple Solution:
    Low Level Arena. for people who want to twink,
    give out honor instead of arena points, good to go.

dont know why they didnt in the first place. they let low levels in BGs, why not arenas?

REAL matches, not practice ones...

"this is sadly pretty true, from my experience as well. people just want to have an unfair advantage and instead of learning their class (at max level, where blizz at least TRIES to balance things) they just learn to spend money on gear for their lowbies."

its a lot easier to get max gear at low level, and find people to battle against at low level with equal gear. so it all comes down to skill

(This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerot
    Super Simple Solution:
    Low Level Arena. for people who want to twink,
    give out honor instead of arena points, good to go.

dont know why they didnt in the first place. they let low levels in BGs, why not arenas?

REAL matches, not practice ones...

"this is sadly pretty true, from my experience as well. people just want to have an unfair advantage and instead of learning their class (at max level, where blizz at least TRIES to balance things) they just learn to spend money on gear for their lowbies."

its a lot easier to get max gear at low level, and find people to battle against at low level with equal gear. so it all comes down to skill

The arena part is a pretty neat idea, but this statement: "its a lot easier to get max gear at low level, and find people to battle against at low level with equal gear. so it all comes down to skill" is halfway retarded. How easy is it to get max gear at low level without having a high level main?

An argument earlier in this thread went "Team A beats Team B because they worked harder". It's more like: "Team A beat Team B because while both Team A and Team B were rather weak and untrained, Team A had the patronage of Bill Gates who was buying them gear, while Team B only had Hobo-under-bridge".

15+ Year Old Account

I really want to see this happen. A nice alternative way of leveling and a way to counter twinking. But if they do this, Blizzard should really put some time in balancing the xp gains.

Just think of it: 40 vs 40 AV premade. 39 people of team 1 stand back, 1 guy goes to graveyard of other team and aoes them to hell. Team 2 just stands at graveyard and to level up their friend from the opposite faction.

Still, would be awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    The most nerfed class in WoW is <my class>. <my class> seems to get nerfed every damn patch, unlike those <other class> that get buffed and still want more!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerloin
    I really want to see this happen. A nice alternative way of leveling and a way to counter twinking. But if they do this, Blizzard should really put some time in balancing the xp gains.

Just think of it: 40 vs 40 AV premade. 39 people of team 1 stand back, 1 guy goes to graveyard of other team and aoes them to hell. Team 2 just stands at graveyard and to level up their friend from the opposite faction.

Still, would be awesome
    Grabbing 79 random people sounds unlikely.

Does anyone remember that you actually DID (sort of) get XP through PvP in vanilla? You could hand the tokens in from winning BG's. I leveled from like... 35 - 42 like that on my priest.

I didn't imagine that right?

Quote Originally Posted by AmosMoses

I didn't imagine that right?
    No, it was there alright.

Reasons why leveling through PVP/BGs wouldnt work out:

1. Level imbalances: unless they add tenacity so that like a lv 11 can compete with with a lv 19 than it would be totally awesome, otherwise your just going to have to wait to get to lv 18 or 19 and lv 2 lvs and start questing again till you get to lv 28-29 and just repeat.

2.Gear imbalances (twinks): This makes it unfair too. To fix this they could put it so that most quest gave blue items instead of greens but it wont happen. I dont know why they dont do that now cause that would solve the twinks being unfair to new players prob.

3.Wiping out old content pve: the way I see it, is that no one would be questing if this was implemented right, this would be much more fun imo. To me questing is a one time thing, i dont like to do it more than once. Ill just stick to my main and slowly level my dk. Questing in wotlk is much better than questing through BC, and hell alot much better than old content thats why no one would be questing if they were to be given that choice through old content

in conclusion those changes might just there to piss off twinks cause the only prob with twinks in all brackets is that they pawn players who dont have blue gear
    "Remember, There's no such thing as a stupid question until you ask it"

Could I level from 80 to 81 then?