Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21

    Re: Soul leech drama

    This is solved simply. Would the loss in your DPS be made up for by the gains from the other raid members due to replenishment? Would the healers have received enough benefit, and the other mana using classes received enough benefit to outweigh your DPS loss. If the answer is yes (and it almost always is), then you tooting your horn about you'll suffer a DPS loss is irrelevant. a 200 DPS loss to you is a worthwhile trade if it keeps the healers and other DPS from going OOM so they can all DPS longer and keep people standing longer.


  2. #22

    Re: Soul leech drama

    This isn't a issue about DPS loss, but by the fact that they demanded you to pay for 100g yourself and refusing to contribute? I'd say no too.

  3. #23

    Re: Soul leech drama

    Quote Originally Posted by ita
    The question is, is it normal and would you do it, considering it's just some thing you do twice a week on the side and you don't enjoy playing as utility and support, I know some people who do, but best personal DPS.
    While some of the members won't accept the fact you spec that way due to the fact you lack the hit, you sir fail to realize that 0/13/58 is not a utility spec and is indeed our best PVE spec atm. You remove the life tap glyph due to having those 2 points in sl and if you read several threads about this in EJ or here you will find all the math/explanations why. I think to best help you with your current situation is to link us to your armory so we can help you with your gear selection etc. I did a quick look on the name you have and it was a lock in blues so I assume that is not you (at least I hope not) :P

    Right now 0/13/58 is an incredible spec for us warlocks, take advantage of it before blizz does their monthly warlock change :/

  4. #24
    I am Murloc! ita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    5,170

    Re: Soul leech drama

    Quote Originally Posted by Refreshment
    This isn't a issue about DPS loss, but by the fact that they demanded you to pay for 100g yourself and refusing to contribute? I'd say no too.
    First person who actually got what it was all about. I refused to pay 100g, 2 times a week for this. Otherwise, there are no problems at all, as this is the only 10m I do.

    I left on my own but my boyfriend remained with the raid till the end. They got some holy paladin and had the healer priest specc shadow... and wiped there for 3 hours and never downed the boss as I later found out from him. So obviously I was an unique slowflake. Anyway, it's getting out of topic again, I don't need gear advice and my DPS is perfectly fine.
    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

  5. #25

    Re: Soul leech drama

    The argument is somewhat fail, i agree about the 100g thing, but you should be 0/13/58 as destro , there is no question about it unless you dont have the HIT to pull it off, Improved soul leech is 300 MP5 equivalent for yourself, plus the replenishment you will be giving to the rest of the raid especially the healers , why would you make the poor mage go frost for replenishment when you gain dps and he looses dps by a significant margin?

    Raid matters more than personal preference, and instead of spending 100g to respec back and forth get dual spec, also dont be squeamish about spending gold in raids, like i said raid > you.


  6. #26

    Re: Soul leech drama

    I think the main issue here is that you are being stubborn. I raid as an Enhance shaman, and as such, 4 of my talent points are put into Improved totems (Strength of Earth, Windfury etc), that's just my spec. Not only does it help my personal DPS, it also helps others. If I wanted, I could probably find a better place for those points to improve my personal DPS, but the raid would all lose DPS, so I just keep it that way. Many people are saying that the talent that the group wanted you to get is in the best (cookie cutter, if you will) destro spec. If the problem is you can't get it due to not having enough hit or whatnot, then maybe try to get more hit or something, and use that spec full time. There is a reason many people say it's the best, most likely because it is.

    Now, that said, if you still feel like it's such an awful waste and you don't want it in your spec, then I'd suggest not going with that group anymore, or try and find someone else who has replenish that could help. It IS unfair for them to demand you spend 100g a week on respecs (split that up and its 10 per person, honestly I think they should help if they are forcing you to do it, but that's just me. Besides, it's not like 100g even is that hard to come by :P), but in the same way they aren't helping the raid out, you aren't helping the raid out by not respecing. The pot is calling the kettle black here.

    IMO, it boils down to you having to be less stubborn, the raid helping you out, or you finding a different source for replenishment. If none of those happen, looks like you need a new 10's group :P.

  7. #27

    Re: Soul leech drama

    On a personal level, as a raid leader, I'd boot you in a heartbeat due to the fact that people who are arrogant enough to value small bonuses to personal DPS over large bonuses to raid are universally players that are not worth having in a raid. Even if they are the top DPS. Especially someone arrogant enough to come to forums to try and get people to prop up their ego even farther by telling you how right and awesome you are (you're not, sorry), which is what it seems like you're doing since you aren't listening to anyone with differing opinions. Stroke your epeen in your raids, not theirs.

    All that being said, your spec is your spec. Asking the raid to cover part of the cost if they need you to change that is not unreasonable, 100g is pretty much the cost of a single wipe on 10 man ulduar, so shelling out cash as a raid to cover it would save them money if it actually made the difference. I agree with Krakmaster, they group /should/ help you out, but you need to lose the arrogant 'better than you' attitude too.

  8. #28

    Re: Soul leech drama

    i agree with you actualy they all say 100g isnt much and you should just pay it, then why dont all 9 of them give you gold to do it. its a grp, and they want you to change something for all of them. sorry to say but people dont have to cater to anyone in a game world your not an employee of theirs.

    you are a team member and they should all want to help each other not force you to change something you dont want to AND make you pay for it and act like your a selfish prick for not wanting to pay 9x what theyd all pay if they were nice people.

  9. #29
    I am Murloc! ita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    5,170

    Re: Soul leech drama

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii
    On a personal level, as a raid leader, I'd boot you in a heartbeat due to the fact that people who are arrogant enough to value small bonuses to personal DPS over large bonuses to raid are universally players that are not worth having in a raid. Even if they are the top DPS. Especially someone arrogant enough to come to forums to try and get people to prop up their ego even farther by telling you how right and awesome you are (you're not, sorry), which is what it seems like you're doing since you aren't listening to anyone with differing opinions. Stroke your epeen in your raids, not theirs.

    All that being said, your spec is your spec. Asking the raid to cover part of the cost if they need you to change that is not unreasonable, 100g is pretty much the cost of a single wipe on 10 man ulduar, so shelling out cash as a raid to cover it would save them money if it actually made the difference. I agree with Krakmaster, they group /should/ help you out, but you need to lose the arrogant 'better than you' attitude too.
    Where did I say I was awesome or arrogant? Or even that I was right? I just wanted to know what others think to know who was right. However, this topic wasn't about my gear or how I should specc, thats my problem, sorry. It's out of topic, so telling people to shush about it isn't arrogant at all.

    100g isn't much but add that to the cost of 3 flasks, repair costs twice a week, my normal guild raid costs etc and it piles up into a pretty decent sum. I don't think that providing replenishment is part of all warlocks role in a raid and that it's an extra, so if they want it for the run, they should all pay for it, not just me.
    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

  10. #30

    Re: Soul leech drama

    Obviously you've never played a hybrid class before since you seem to think a 100g respec is serious business. The simple fact is that you appear to be obsessed with the dps charts and people like that generally never play nicely with others. I'd have booted you as well especially considering the fact that the build they wanted you to spec into is the highest dps build you can get for Destro, hell maybe even for all Lock specs.

    Obviously 100g is so much to you that you don't want to run with them, thereby losing out on items dropped/boss gold if you really think that losing you as DPS contributed towards them failing for another 3 hours I believe you are seriously misguided and really need to look into why you play a game with other people.

  11. #31
    I am Murloc! ita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    5,170

    Re: Soul leech drama

    If it's too long to read, why bother replying, Beelzebubs?
    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

  12. #32

    Re: Soul leech drama

    Greetings,

    I play an elemental shaman that never really had a problem being in the top 5 dps-ers of my 25 man group. When you're going with a raid team, you are supposed to be working together and often times, you will be asked to provide a particular buff if they cannot find it elsewhere at the time. Your refusal to go ahead and help the team out is simply your worst problem other than spec comparison. I'd also boot you from my raid team as well.

    You become squimish about paying 100 g (1/2 the dailies in one day... QQ), consider being a hybrid that does this routinely for the longest time... you are in no position to whine about that in these forums.

    Even if you did respec and produce a lil less dps, if you are so stellar as you claim, you should have no problems being in top 5 anyways. Consider playing an elemental shaman, on KT... consuming my shocks on interrupts of the Frostbolt (which I have no problems doing to prevent raid damage for the raid), I will sustain significant dps loss due to the fact that my flame shock might not be up for my Lava Burst. I have NO problems oncesoever doing this. Same goes for Sarth +3d, as soon as TT comes up, I have no problems completely stopping my dps to only heal through the TT phase, despite being spec dps. I think you need to get over your hang-ups about personal dps and realize it's not so bad to assist the raid in general.

  13. #33
    I am Murloc! ita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    5,170

    Re: Soul leech drama

    So, again, why bother replying, if you cant read?

    Edit: or actually,I should just modify the first post, can't expect everyone to read the whole thing. Anyway, you misunderstood me completely.
    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

  14. #34

    Re: Soul leech drama

    Quote Originally Posted by idpersona
    It's a pug,meaning its not a guild run where you're the unique snowflake that they cannot be without.

    They asked for a specific raidbuff your class can provide.

    You refused to give it.

    Baibye and kick, get someone who wishes to provide it.

    I dont see anything wrong with it.
    I agree; Blizz assumes that all raids will have replenishment, so the raid leader should have made sure that they picked up someone who was going to give it (especially if your healers assumed that they were getting it, or just wanted it). If they brought you into the group assuming that you would give replenishment then, in my opinion, they have every rite to say, "Go repec or leave".
    Blood
    Resto

  15. #35
    I am Murloc! ita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    5,170

    Re: Soul leech drama

    Actually, they brought me into the group assuming I would never specc for it. Like I sayd, we had a frost mage, hunter and a ret pala for that reason but since it's a 5-6 friends, rest randoms run and the others didnt come, well, you get the picture.

    I am a team player, in fact, I did most of the "teamplaying" from DPS in that group, yes, including things that lowered my DPS and I didn't mind doing it such as shattering the adds on Ignis, tanking the head with demon armor on etc. But paying money for the shortcomings of others is where I'd draw the line.

    I left the raid from my own free will since they started demanding it and calling me selfish for not paying for the respeccs myself. So again, I made this topic to ASK people who was right, not gathering support. It's not about my gear, it's not about my specc, it's not about how good and great and awesome I am(except when there are jewbots involved).

    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

  16. #36

    Re: Soul leech drama

    wow.

    I'm not hiding the fact that I'm a selfish DPS
    ^^this. you are. why even make this post? you are obviously convinced you were in the right or you wouldnt defend yourself so voraciously.

    Those people weren't idiots, most of them we're actually friends.
    but this is what makes me laugh. some "friend" you are if you'd rather ditch them then attempt to help out the group. why couldnt you split the cost? or everyone chip in 10g? or just man up and respec to what your "friends" need to down the boss. would you pay 100g for a piece of 10man Mimiron loot? Id also love to hear what AMAZING dps talents you're losing to get replenishment. selfish dps is selfish. try playing a hybrid and then bitch about respecs. IMO if you join a group of a friends you should do everything you can to help the group succeed, not whine on the forums when they asked you to do your job.


    You can pick up every important dps talent and still have imp soul leech.
    If its the hit you are needing from affliction, than I suggest you get more hit gear, because 0/13/58 outperforms.

    Also, with imp soul leech, I find myself not needing to life tap for about 4 minutes from the start of fights. Not having to life tap means more incinerates, which = more dps. IMO it IS a dps improving talent, on top of providing replenishment.
    this guy is totally correct




  17. #37

    Re: Soul leech drama

    I gave up awhile ago dude, suggest everyone else does to. He first claimed he has the best spec and good gear and try to prove his spec is better then the best spec in the game then dropped that convo and changed directions. Now hes on to another point blaming the group and saying his gear isn't that decent that he needs hit.

  18. #38

    Re: Soul leech drama

    Quote Originally Posted by ita
    If it's too long to read, why bother replying, Beelzebubs?
    Oh I did read it I said I'd kick you from any of my raids if you were like that as a couple of people said before me. I was agreeing with them

    Quote Originally Posted by ita
    Actually, they brought me into the group assuming I would never specc for it. Like I sayd, we had a frost mage, hunter and a ret pala for that reason but since it's a 5-6 friends, rest randoms run and the others didnt come, well, you get the picture.

    I am a team player, in fact, I did most of the "teamplaying" from DPS in that group, yes, including things that lowered my DPS and I didn't mind doing it such as shattering the adds on Ignis, tanking the head with demon armor on etc. But paying money for the shortcomings of others is where I'd draw the line.

    I left the raid from my own free will since they started demanding it and calling me selfish for not paying for the respeccs myself. So again, I made this topic to ASK people who was right, not gathering support. It's not about my gear, it's not about my specc, it's not about how good and great and awesome I am(except when there are jewbots involved).

    If you were such a team player this topic would never have been created.

  19. #39

    Re: Soul leech drama

    Prime example why Girls + WoW = trouble and drama.

  20. #40

    Re: Soul leech drama

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant
    Prime example why Girls + WoW = trouble and drama.
    wow. you might be even more of a douche than the OP

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •