Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41

    Re: Soul leech drama

    I'd boot you, there are obviously enough people in here that think the 13-58 spec does the same dps, and 3% hit rating is what? Eat a different kind of food and switch one gem... oooooooo. I don't know why you even posted this, unless you were planning on everyone saying you did right by them.

    Either way regardless of what spec does more dps for you, I will boot anyone in any raid that refuses to pick up a buff and go spend some gold if it will help the raid progress. Raiding isn't just about your own dps, thats why they call them raid buffs. I'd boot an arcane mage if he refused to respec for replenishment. You didn't want to help the raid so you get booted, regardless of what kind of dps the rest of the group was doing. Boot boot boot.
    Much love Rivellana

  2. #42

    Re: Soul leech drama

    Not only that it is a raid buff the self buff is 2% mana back raid gets .25 I don't see his point >_< other then being cheap and selfish :P

  3. #43
    I am Murloc! ita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    5,170

    Re: Soul leech drama

    Quote Originally Posted by Itosu

    ^^this. you are. why even make this post? you are obviously convinced you were in the right or you wouldnt defend yourself so voraciously.
    I'm not defending myself, but why post things that are out of topic? What does my specc, gear or whatever matter? Yea, I should have just ignored it, but I was being polite. I am a selfish DPS, I would never specc for utility when the other option is DPS. That doesn't matter I don't know how to play as a team or that I only watch recount and don't care about anything else. I just prefer to be completely useless utility-wise and to be taken for good DPS and well, player skills(but of course you assume, its me saying I'm awesome)

    Quote Originally Posted by Itosu

    but this is what makes me laugh. some "friend" you are if you'd rather ditch them then attempt to help out the group. why couldnt you split the cost? or everyone chip in 10g? or just man up and respec to what your "friends" need to down the boss. would you pay 100g for a piece of 10man Mimiron loot? Id also love to hear what AMAZING dps talents you're losing to get replenishment. selfish dps is selfish. try playing a hybrid and then bitch about respecs. IMO if you join a group of a friends you should do everything you can to help the group succeed, not whine on the forums when they asked you to do your job.
    I joined the group because my boyfriend wanted to, they're mostly hes friends but I get along with them good enough to consider them friends also (and no, I'm not gay). Also on my alt, as my main is a paladin but they desperately needed casters. Theres only a mage and a hunter that are ranged other than me and they cant come every time. No, I wouldn't pay 100g for mimiron loot because I'll get better from my guilds 25m run eventually. I left because they called me selfish for not paying it all by myself, chipping in wasn't an option.

    And finally, I'm sitting on 13% hit at the moment, if you really need to know. So I need those great and awesome 3% from affliction. I also need shadowfury. Yes, in PvE.

    And now answer me, what do you do when you have to move other than life tap? If you can't answer that, then you have no right to comment on the so-called best DPS specc as I don't really care what DPS I do on a test dummy.
    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

  4. #44

    Re: Soul leech drama

    Its been proven and wth are you putting your points in then, soul link, fel dom, master summoner?

    Sigh I don't even know why I keep responding or anyone else, I'm just going to stop, goodluck with your spec.

  5. #45

    Re: Soul leech drama

    Quote Originally Posted by ita
    And now answer me, what do you do when you have to move other than life tap? If you can't answer that, then you have no right to comment on the so-called best DPS specc as I don't really care what DPS I do on a test dummy.
    Just move, If I'm in the ISL spec you get more than enough mana back to only lifetap once every minute or so. Remember life tap is the spell that converts healer mana into you mana. If your raid was suffering due to not having replenishment why put excess strain on their mana by lifetappuing constantly? It just doesn't make sense.

    Even on mobility fights it is the best DPS spec due to the passive amount of mana/health recieved whilst replenishment is active outweighing the need to waste a GCD as often thus losing DPS.

  6. #46
    I am Murloc! ita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    5,170

    Re: Soul leech drama

    Quote Originally Posted by Screecher
    Its been proven and wth are you putting your points in then, soul link, fel dom, master summoner?
    Soul link, 3% hit from affli and shadowfury and how is it proven when you can't answer the question? What else do you do when having to move, than life tap?
    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

  7. #47

    Re: Soul leech drama

    Quote Originally Posted by ita
    Soul link, 3% hit from affli and shadowfury and how is it proven when you can't answer the question? What else do you do when having to move, than life tap?
    I already answered that question for you a few moments ago

  8. #48
    I am Murloc! ita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    5,170

    Re: Soul leech drama

    Yea, you did, lets just agree to disagree, we could argue about it forever and it's really irrelevant anyway.

    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

  9. #49

    Re: Soul leech drama

    I just prefer to be completely useless utility-wise and to be taken for good DPS
    LOL. if you drop all the utility talents you are, in fact, completely useless. Why bring you? There are plenty of other classes that can do equivalent dps AND provide buffs for the raid, making them > you. what you dont seem to grasp is that you can achieve BOTH and in doing so avoid situations like this.

    I also need shadowfury. Yes, in PvE.
    right...you NEED to cast that at most twice a trash pull? please.
    And now answer me, what do you do when you have to move other than life tap?
    you mean if the massively long 10 sec conflag cd is up?

    Just move, If I'm in the ISL spec you get more than enough mana back to only lifetap once every minute or so. Remember life tap is the spell that converts healer mana into you mana. If your raid was suffering due to not having replenishment why put excess strain on their mana by lifetappuing constantly? It just doesn't make sense.
    What it boils down to is replenishment IS a dps talent and it IS worth taking and you DONT sacrifice anything to take except being able to shadowfury trash and hit that you should already have on your gear/gems/food so you can spend those talents in more effective places.

  10. #50

    Re: Soul leech drama

    Quote Originally Posted by Itosu
    right...you NEED to cast that at most twice a trash pull? please.
    you mean if the massively long 10 sec conflag cd is up?
    Actually shadowfury is pretty handy for a few boss fights with trash such as XT or Council medium mode.

  11. #51

    Re: Soul leech drama

    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubs
    Actually shadowfury is pretty handy for a few boss fights with trash such as XT or Council medium mode.
    Ill concede that but I still dont think its more useful than ISL for PvE

  12. #52

    Re: Soul leech drama

    Quote Originally Posted by ita
    /sigh

    You're way off topic, it's was not about warlocks speccs or what does better in which gear.

    1) Speccing differently would be DPS loss for me, considering my gear.
    2) There is no way I can still specc into imp. soul leech without losing DPS, no matter how trivial. 3/14/54 specc is the best for me, considering my gear and options available.
    3) I know how to play a warlock, tyvm
    4) Yes, the healers needed it but I refused to pay for it as it's not my problem or fault. I already do my part as a warlock and DPS and providing utility I can (such as imp buff, healthstone and CoE or CoW) which is more than the other DPS in the group do.

    The drama broke, when I told them, if they wanted it, I could do it for the fight but they should pay for the respecc and back. They sayd it was selfish and I should pay for it myself. I of course think the opposite. If they need it, they should pay for it. I'm already doing/providing utility as I should and a lot more than the rogues, DK and arms warrior there at least.

    The question is, is it normal and would you do it, considering it's just some thing you do twice a week on the side and you don't enjoy playing as utility and support, I know some people who do, but best personal DPS.
    In any PuG Raid, Social Raid, or Hardcore raid that I have attended you would of been replaced. Nothing personal, you just clearly say this was needed, i will not provide it because i do not really care that much to invest into it, and thats that. Your personal attitude or theirs is irrelevant. End of the day for that raid to continue replenishment was needed, you decided in the end its not worth the 100g. That would be the point where a responsible raid leader would ask you to politely step aside, so that the group can continue.

    The Morals on selfishness though are a completely different topic but i do agree with the majority in which your attitude is very much egocentric about yourself. That is not a team player at all.

    Was the Raid Leader right to ask you to respec?
    Yes. In the end you say yourself replenishment was required.

    Where they right to be upset when you said no I will not foot the bill?
    Yes, especially since you say your friends or at least some of them are.

    Is this request common in raiding environments??
    Hell Yes. Less so nowadays than in say BC, but yes.

    Hope that helps some.

  13. #53
    I am Murloc! ita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    5,170

    Re: Soul leech drama

    Quote Originally Posted by Itosu
    LOL. if you drop all the utility talents you are, in fact, completely useless. Why bring you? There are plenty of other classes that can do equivalent dps AND provide buffs for the raid, making them > you. what you dont seem to grasp is that you can achieve BOTH and in doing so avoid situations like this.


    right...you NEED to cast that at most twice a trash pull? please.
    you mean if the massively long 10 sec conflag cd is up?

    What it boils down to is replenishment IS a dps talent and it IS worth taking and you DONT sacrifice anything to take except being able to shadowfury trash and hit that you should already have on your gear/gems/food so you can spend those talents in more effective places.
    Who sayd anything about dropping? I sayd I'd always pick a DPS talent over utility when there's a choice. If you think they only bring players for utility, you should quit raiding. Or maybe you have never heard about untalented buffs, kiting, interrupts, CC. Otherwise, why bring rogues or more than 1 mage to a raid at all?

    Yes, I need shadowfury, deal with it.



    I need to move longer, than 1.3s, even if conflag is up at a time. Just think about Ignis for example, how long are you in the air again and don't you have to cancel casting before flame jets?
    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

  14. #54

    Re: Soul leech drama

    lolololol....soul link in pve?? ur ast 13% hit so u only need one point in suppression to get to 14% and a shadow preist gives the other 3%. were u wrong maybe not thats ur choice. shadowfury has its place in pve every once in a great while. but if u r a selfish dps the get isl. more mana back means less LT which means more gcd's for more important stuff like incin or refreshing cod or even conflag if its off cd. at the end of the day who cares play the spec that feels best and works best for u and ur choice of gear.

  15. #55
    I am Murloc! ita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    5,170

    Re: Soul leech drama

    Thanks for a constructive reply, Garacaious
    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

  16. #56

    Re: Soul leech drama

    you ask for peoples opinions and then you get salty when people dont think you were right. lawl. spec/play however you want, thats your right. just dont be surprised when crap like this happens again.

  17. #57
    I am Murloc! ita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    5,170

    Re: Soul leech drama

    No, I don't, i'll get "salty" when peole start talking about DPS cycles and my gear and whether I need some talent or not or just generally don't bother to read and just answer with something random. In other words, when they get off topic.
    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

  18. #58

    Re: Soul leech drama

    13/58 is the best dps spec of the locks atm and i dont know why you want
    shadowfury in a pve spec and also when you are moving you can cast cod
    if its not in cd or corr or life tap if is needed l2p

  19. #59

    Re: Soul leech drama

    Just my two cents worth:

    Were they right in asking you to respec for replenishment: Probably yes.

    If you are the only person in the raid capable of providing it without changing their role completely (ie, forcing a healer to go shadow / ret dps), and they were suffering without it, i can understand their desire for that call to be made.

    Were they right in asking you to also foot the bill for the respec yourself: No.

    Simple fact of the matter is, there are only a few classes where having replenishment is "mandatory" as far as I am concerned. Ret or Shadow dps with no Replenishment? Pretty Fail. However, simply expecting a Mage, Lock or Hunter to have replenishment because the talent effect happens to be in one of their trees is unacceptable.

    This is not an issue about spec or gear. From what i gather, he does not care that 0/13/58 is the "best pve spec" because his gear currently does not support that spec. Spout whatever you want, but a dps simulator that makes its calls based on gear he may not have obviously is not going to fit him. Maybe when he gets that one or two pieces of gear he is missing, he can change his spec, but we are all victims of the RNG gods when it comes to that.

    In the end, If there had been a fire mage in the raid, would they have asked him to respec to frost for replenishment? My guess would be no. And if you were that mage, and someone asked YOU to change your spec, just so the raid could have replenishment, AND asked you to foot the entire bill yourself because you should have replenishment "cause its your job", what would you say?

    TLDR version:
    Should they be able to ask you to spec for replenishement: yes.
    Should they expect you to foot the respec cost yourself: No. Not unless you were brought in for that buff specificly. As ita stated, they initially had other sources of replenishment, forcing him to respec on his own dime for YOUR benefit is NOT friendly, cooperative raiding.

  20. #60

    Re: Soul leech drama

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd

    This is not an issue about spec or gear. From what i gather, he does not care that 0/13/58 is the "best pve spec" because his gear currently does not support that spec. Spout whatever you want, but a dps simulator that makes its calls based on gear he may not have obviously is not going to fit him. Maybe when he gets that one or two pieces of gear he is missing, he can change his spec, but we are all victims of the RNG gods when it comes to that.
    If he can't get hitcapped, he shouldn't be in ulduar to begin with.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •