Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Soul leech drama

I'm doing Ulduar 10 with a partly PuG group for some weeks now on my warlock alt without any problems till we got to Mimiron today and the group started hinting, I should specc into imp. soul leech for replenishment. We had tryed and killed it before, but then we had a frost mage.

I'm not hiding the fact that I'm a selfish DPS (and was on top on every fight), so I told them that I wount be spending 100g to specc back and forth just for the Ulduar 10 PuG every week and that using those 5 points will require me to take them from DPS talents, so I'm not going to specc into that permanently.
    They of course argued that I should or just pay the respecc money myself every time and that losing a little DPS for the group would be better but unfortunately for warlocks, those 4-5 points are wasted for personal use and there aren't any spare talent points to move, while other classes get them for "free".

So needless to say, a lot of drama broke and eventually I just sayd no and left the group. Oh and I forgot the mention, I also do 25m raids where I don't need the replenishment at all as there are plenty of others, who have it. It was just this Ulduar 10 group.

The big question is, we're they right to demand it, considering, I wasn't arrogant or refuse any other roles like shattering, tanking and whatnot, just to respecc.

EDIT: just to avoid the confusion, I agreed to do it, if they payd for it, the respecc and back so 100g, which they refused.

Re: Soul leech drama

Unbelievable that enough drama spawned over replenishment that you had to leave the raid. O.o

Because duel specs don't exist. And a 500~ hps heal is totally "wasted" for personal use on fights like mimiron.

lawl @ you

You can pick up every important dps talent and still have imp soul leech.
    If its the hit you are needing from affliction, than I suggest you get more hit gear, because 0/13/58 outperforms.

Also, with imp soul leech, I find myself not needing to life tap for about 4 minutes from the start of fights. Not having to life tap means more incinerates, which = more dps. IMO it IS a dps improving talent, on top of providing replenishment.

Sounds like your destruction doing 0/13/58 which to do the most dps you need soul leech imp, so you musta made your own spec or lacking hit which force you to put 3 points into aff.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Indarys
    Because duel specs don't exist. And a 500~ hps heal is totally "wasted" for personal use on fights like mimiron.

lawl @ you
    My dual specc is PvP and yes, I do arenas, so that would be even worse as I'd also have to reglyph. And yes, it's wasted and worthless in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Hevnlyst
    You can pick up every important dps talent and still have imp soul leech.
    If its the hit you are needing from affliction, than I suggest you get more hit gear, because 0/13/58 outperforms.

Also, with imp soul leech, I find myself not needing to life tap for about 4 minutes from the start of fights. Not having to life tap means more incinerates, which = more dps. IMO it IS a dps improving talent, on top of providing replenishment.
    Oo you beat me to it ;P and elitistjerks says it all

So tell me what would you get then instead of imp soul leech? which makes you life tap more which means less global cooldowns for incinerate

Yeah, 0/13/58 with imp soul leech is the best spec dps wise, And adding replenishment on top of that is just awesome.

the bonus is a replenishment the best part for yourself its 2% and for the party(10) its .25

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Screecher
    Oo you beat me to it ;P and elitistjerks says it all
    I do need the hit, it's still DPS increase and that quote of yours probably assumes you're DPSing a dummy and don't have to move, in most fights, you do so theres nothing better to do anyway, than life tap.

Actually, now that I think about it, if I had 0/13/58 specc instead of 3/14/54, there would still have been drama over soul link as I was tanking the head but that's just guessing.
    Those people weren't idiots, most of them we're actually friends.

And the question was really about them having the right to demand me to drop DPS talents for utility just for this half-PuG 10m raid.

lol I guess elitist jerks and lots of warlocks are wrong and missing a dps loss, and if your tanking the head you should have a dual spec for pvp which has soul link...

Deleted

lol I guess elitist jerks and lots of warlocks are wrong and missing a dps loss
    http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t48311-s...ost_3_1_specs/

Not at all but care to notice, 3/13/55 is ahead of 0/13/58 and the gap is even bigger with moving..

and if your tanking the head you should have a dual spec for pvp which has soul link...
    And no soul leech which was the problem in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by ita
    I do need the hit, it's still DPS increase and that quote of yours probably assumes you're DPSing a dummy and don't have to move, in most fights, you do so theres nothing better to do anyway, than life tap.

Actually, now that I think about it, if I had 0/13/58 specc instead of 3/14/54, there would still have been drama over soul link as I was tanking the head but that's just guessing.
    Those people weren't idiots, most of them we're actually friends.

And the question was really about them having the right to demand me to drop DPS talents for utility just for this half-PuG 10m raid.
    Most of the time the thing you have that's better to do than Life Tap is like, live. And for those times when a Life Tap can easily end in disaster, the mana gains from Improved Soul Leech probably outweigh whatever you're taking in lieu of them. Hit rating is not hard to get and sometimes it's harder *not* to get, so I don't see why Suppression shouldn't be easy to work around. As for Soul Link, honestly, it's nice to have in a pinch but a pile of the heals cast on you are likely to go to overheals nowadays anyway. I'm sure your group would rather have the mana to keep you healed ultimately than any paltry sum of theoretical DPS or damage reduction.

Do they have the right? Absolutely. Does that make it right? Not so clear. Ultimately though, I'm sorry to say that if there's a job that needs done and the only person capable of doing it won't, then I'm likely to replace that person. Sorry. 8 other people there not including myself to take into consideration. 9 times out of 10, the guy who won't spend a hundred gold so we can make the progress is going to get the boot.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanxv3
    Most of the time the thing you have that's better to do than Life Tap is like, live. And for those times when a Life Tap can easily end in disaster, the mana gains from Improved Soul Leech probably outweigh whatever you're taking in lieu of them. Hit rating is not hard to get and sometimes it's harder *not* to get, so I don't see why Suppression shouldn't be easy to work around. As for Soul Link, honestly, it's nice to have in a pinch but a pile of the heals cast on you are likely to go to overheals nowadays anyway. I'm sure your group would rather have the mana to keep you healed ultimately than any paltry sum of theoretical DPS or damage reduction.

Do they have the right? Absolutely. Does that make it right? Not so clear. Ultimately though, I'm sorry to say that if there's a job that needs done and the only person capable of doing it won't, then I'm likely to replace that person. Sorry. 8 other people there not including myself to take into consideration. 9 times out of 10, the guy who won't spend a hundred gold so we can make the progress is going to get the boot.
    So moving kills you and you have to struggle to live while moving? Care to explain? It doesn't matter if hit isn't hard to come by, it still costs DPS to lose those 3% as I'd have to regem or swap good gear for naxx 25 gear to get the lost hit back. Anyway, if you didn't read the first post, this group isn't my guild, it's just a little something we do on the side, so to say. I don't need replenishment anywhere else as all the 25m runs I do have already plenty of hunters and ret paladins.

They could replace me, sure but it's much more useful for the group to replace 1 of the 2 rogues who do half my DPS and don't have any other roles or help the group otherwise at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ita
    http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t48311-s...ost_3_1_specs/

Not at all but care to notice, 3/13/55 is ahead of 0/13/58 and the gap is even bigger with moving..

And no soul leech which was the problem in the first place
    I dont know what simulation your lookin at buddy but 0/13/58 is on top and the other is under aff with dg, you must be looking at the simulation of the undergeared ppl..

edit* which I did say if your lacking hit put the 3 points in aff.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

What super duper talents are you missing by not speccing into replenishment?

You can also tank the head fine in 10 and 25 without Soul Link for whoever brought that up.

Quoting EJ doesn't make you right btw.

As for the question if they were right demanding you specced into replenishment is entirely up to you. If the healers go oom and noone else has replenishment and that's the reason you're wiping on a boss you would be stupid not to.

I don't really understand what spec you have that lacks both Soul Leech AND Imp Soul Leech though. Not to mention what the alternatives are that supposedly gives you a huge dps boost.

L2specc comes to mind.

13/58 is by far the best and most potent specc I have tried as a warlock

Deleted

/sigh

You're way off topic, it's was not about warlocks speccs or what does better in which gear.

1) Speccing differently would be DPS loss for me, considering my gear.
    2) There is no way I can still specc into imp. soul leech without losing DPS, no matter how trivial. 3/14/54 specc is the best for me, considering my gear and options available.
    3) I know how to play a warlock, tyvm
    4) Yes, the healers needed it but I refused to pay for it as it's not my problem or fault. I already do my part as a warlock and DPS and providing utility I can (such as imp buff, healthstone and CoE or CoW) which is more than the other DPS in the group do.

The drama broke, when I told them, if they wanted it, I could do it for the fight but they should pay for the respecc and back. They sayd it was selfish and I should pay for it myself. I of course think the opposite. If they need it, they should pay for it. I'm already doing/providing utility as I should and a lot more than the rogues, DK and arms warrior there at least.

The question is, is it normal and would you do it, considering it's just some thing you do twice a week on the side and you don't enjoy playing as utility and support, I know some people who do, but best personal DPS.

Deleted

It's a pug,meaning its not a guild run where you're the unique snowflake that they cannot be without.

They asked for a specific raidbuff your class can provide.

You refused to give it.

Baibye and kick,get someone who wishes to provide it.

I dont see anything wrong with it.