Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Just found ot what makes ret "OP"

Quote Originally Posted by Regar
    so it makes 98 Resilence
    I stopped reading there, I can't believe most of you read the rest of this garbage.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Spirestone&n=Espectrolol

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Arena+Tournament+1&n=Espectro

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul
    yeah op, go and read some paladinguides/instructions before giving out your "ideas" to ret. blizzard is already working on serious changes to retpaladins, so no need for some uninformed random guy to make up "supergood" changes 8>
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

They have been "working on serious changes to ret paladins" for the past 2 years. You sound like this is the first time you have been around for a change and that you are putting all your faith and trust into blizzard. EL. OH. EL.

this is SUUUCH a sketchy post, I'm not even going to begin to address it.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Why is it some people blame other's attacks to defend themselves...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

To the OP:

The seal you got hit with is called Seal of the Martyr (or if he was horde, couldn't tell from post, Seal of Blood) and it applies holy dmg EVERY time you get hit with the paladins weapon. This seal cannot be changed without the dps of the paladin going from being one of the lowest raid dps to the lowest raid dps. Also we already have a PPM seal its called Seal of Commad, and its ppm nature is one of the big reason it isn't specced into.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

They have been "working on serious changes to ret paladins" for the past 2 years. You sound like this is the first time you have been around for a change and that you are putting all your faith and trust into blizzard. EL. OH. EL.
    agree, blizz said 3-5 times they gona change the paladin class, especialy ret.

last time they said it was ca a month ago and i havent heard shit about it, just new ''issues'' coming up once a day
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

TLDR:

"I went into a BG today. I died. Burst is clearly out of control. In the combat log, it said I took damage from an ability. Nerf that ability because it is clearly too powerful."

Ret paladins have been in the shit for years, at least give them a couple of seasons where they can feel useful. I have 4 level 80's and I have no problem with ret paladins unless they are insanly geared with ulduar gear. Get resil before you QQ and/or learn HOW to beat them....white hitting wont work.

I'll join this.

To the OP:

- You have close to no resilience => Don't ask why you die.
    - You have a pitiful HP-pool => Don't ask why you die.
    - You seem to have no real experience in PvP => Don't ask why you die.

I'll elaborate on the last point: Whatever class you are, if you're jumping a Paladin to gank him (you said that you were the 4th  Horde yourself) you should a) don't do it in the first place because it's just unnecessary and you could've done something much more useful and b) factor in that a Paladin WILL use Divine Storm on any opportunity if he's fighting more than one target, simply to profit from it's dmg AND heal as much as he can. If you absolutely want to go in there to be the real-pro-ganker, you could probably wait until after he cast his Divine Storm, since it's on a 10 sec. cooldown.
    In essence, it's totally your own fault that you got hit.

It goes on:

- You seem to have no clue on how seals work. => Go find out before you complain.
    - You seem to have no clue on how Divine Storm works. => Go find out before you complain.

and finally:

- You are making up numbers (as you already admitted yourself, completely losing any credibility). => No Seal of Blood / Martyr will EVER hit you for 4k "in passing" (3,7k is quite unrealistic as well!) in a PvP-Situation unless the Paladin has some sort of temporary buff on him, probably several, like Avenging Wrath (those shiny, very hard to miss wings, broadcasting "I can't use Divine Shield now" all over the place) or Berserker and Trinket-Procs. Now, if you are jumping that Paladin with Wrath active and Divine Storm ready, it's your own fault again, since you could have just waited a few seconds for his buffs to end. You don't run up to a Mage with itzy-bitzy-blink Arcane Power either unless you're a DK.
    A Paladin's Seal of Blood/Martyr can crit that high in a full-buffed Raid-setting, where every single character's powers are multiplied to that extend. I'm a Holy-Paladin, you won't see my Holy Light crit for 26k heals in a Battleground either - on Mimiron that's perfectly normal and even called for.

So please - don't bother posting again unless you have something meaningful to say, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia
    TLDR:

"I went into a BG today. I died. Burst is clearly out of control. In the combat log, it said I took damage from an ability. Nerf that ability because it is clearly too powerful."
    You forgot the bit about, I don't even who killed me, Oh noes I was standing in fire !
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Just found ot what makes ret "OP"

Attention to detail first.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

I firmly believe there is no such thing as an overpowered class.

When people whine OP it just means they can't beat the other class or they just want their favorite class to be the best at everything there is to be best at. Regardless of how much detail they bury that salient point under.

Especially when you consider that there are bosses that have attacks that do 10k damage on average.

Fuck the whiny bitches who cry Overpowered classes.

And fuck Blizzard for nerfing them whenever players start whining.

And also my gear isn't really good for pvp
    just the handguards are Hateful and the trinket is lvl 70, so it makes 98 Resilence,
    and when i charged the paladin
    Ii had 19k health,
    And you died? You must be kidding me?

Clearly Blizzard must get to work on this immediately, since if Warriors with 19k health and 98 resilience are getting wtfpwnt by Retribution Paladins, then some much needed nerfs are in order.

TLR - GTFO

Hmm...I'll bite and take a guess at what happened.

You are a warrior with 98 resil and "so-so" gear. You and some other baddies tried to jump a Geared retribution Specced paladin...who was currently under the Berserker buff(and/or Avenging Wrath), with 3 stacks of Vengeance, trinket proc, and for the sake of the arguement, let's say he/she also had mirror of truth proc(1k AP) with Berserker weapon enchant also procced(400 AP). What I just described is the Wrecking ball of BG's...being the one bad ass in a BG you deliberately try to avoid to better your chances at winning the BG.

*Ahem*

So let's go through the process.
    1.) You have little to NO resilience.
    2.) You were stupid enough to charge this person.
    3.) You must be one of the "smart" warriors who stay in Zerker stance regardless of situation.(Thus 5% more Damage taken)-----::Please note my sarcasm::

Given all these circumstances, I still find it damn near impossible that he got a 4K martyr crit that was NOT a judgement.

So to compensate me coming off as an ass in my post, I'll leave you with some constructive advice.
    When you go to make posts like this, try backing it up by taking screenshots(The button on your keyboard that says "Print Screen"("prt sc" on laptops)) of the combat log when you come across things like that. Also for yourself, try targeting the person you're about to attack and see what buffs they currently have so you can give more details about what you were up against. For goodness sake, Don't round up numbers to make it sound worse than it is(3,700 damage is NOT 4,000 damage).

So it seems some ppl is saying alot of things that didn't happen or aren't accurate let me say.

1.-It wasn't me vs Pally, it was 3 or 4 plus me against the pally
    2.-I DIDN'T DIE IN THAT FIGHT
    3.-Pally wasn't targeting me
    4.-I am not blaming, just thought that i would be a nice idea to make ppl stop complain about ret pally burst.
    5.-I feel bad for no pic =( trying to get into a similar situation a pic
    My Characters:
    Hunter Warrior Warlock

so your complaining about one move and the seal associated with that hit you and your scrubby geared warrior for a decent chunk of health? is that how this works? by your logic im able to complain about not being able to tank sarth 3rd on 10 man because my gear is underpar.......... you lived, he died, you got like idk 15 honor for the kill, ret pally burst is gutted QQ more, there are more pressing balance issues in the game. ret pallies are in a similar boat to rogues, we need pve gear to be able to function in arenas decently, the more you can away with while surviving the better off you are. best advice i can give you is to stfu afk some avs get ful hateful find a druid and lol your way to 1800 ( i have no faith you can even break 2k with a fotm spec)

Fisrt of all the title should be "My idea to make ret less spiky while keeping their damage"
    Thats not your idea, thats what blizzard is doing for some months now.

PS:
    The only way to make ret NOT op is to nerf the hole spec so that a level 70 charakter without resilience can survive against an ulduar-25 equippet ret pally for more than 20 seconds.

PPS:
    i would like the tooltip of all attacks that deal holy damage changed to "[...]holy damage that ignores all armor and directly hurts the feelings of the player"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".