Poll: Should Arthas be Algalon-like in Icecrown raid?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Should Arthas be Hard-Mode only?

I want to hear what people think and why. Arthas is a legendary character, he deserves to be reachable only when raid is very good, after you cleared everything else with the hardest mode posible.
    I think that Arthas should be hard-mode only, because he deserved that, because he's epic. I think it would be a very good goal for many players: to reach Arthas. If he's normal mode accessible, then people will just kill him every week=no epicness.
    Also, if he would ever drop Frostmourne, it would be ok since he will be hard-mode only.
    Stop reading my sig, bro!

Re: Should Arthas be Hard-Mode only?

They have to do something to make him an incredibly hard and epic fight.

Hopefully not another Yogg-Saron anyways.

imo he shouldnt be hardmode only, instead his normal mode should be insanely fine tuned and hard to begin with

15+ Year Old Account

Arthas being hardmode only doesn't fit with Blizzard's new policy of allowing more people to see the game.

"But what about Algalon?" Algalon is just a bonus boss to reward the hardcore players, he isn't really lore related either. Arthas however is a major lore character and I don't think Blizzard is gonna stop 60-75% of the playerbase from actually fighting / defeating him.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    They have to do something to make him an incredibly hard and epic fight.

Hopefully not another Yogg-Saron anyways.
    Oh so let me guess u did Alone in the darkness achivement.

Quote Originally Posted by Appo
    Oh so let me guess u did Alone in the darkness achivement.
    Misinterpreted what I meant...

I don't want him to have:

"If you leave this guy up, Arthas will have 50% more HP" or something like that.

I don't want them to make it so you have the option of making it a hard encounter, just for it to be difficult.

Deleted

Why not just carry on as Blizzard is going?

Make his normal mode tough aka well tuned but not insane and make a hard mode insaley tough that you need a perfect raid with perfect gear to defeat. For me hardmodes aren't an option. Am i a scrub? Maybe I am but I play this game for fun and not as a second job. Yes i set my characters up with good specs and the best gear i can get them with full enchants. Yes I raid 3 times a week with a very small guild with very limited setup options. Hard modes just aren't going to happen for us.

I have as much right as anyone else to see and kill Arthas assuming I've killed all the bosses required to reach him and completed any other requirements that might be needed.

I would much rather see a fight such as Arthas have multiple difficulty levels ranging from well tuned to insane mode with relevent gear drops accordingly. Arthas is probably the most iconic character in warcraft. Everyone deserves a chance at killing him assuming they have the skill and dedication to get to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Emsarrev
    Arthas being hardmode only doesn't fit with Blizzard's new policy of allowing more people to see the game.

"But what about Algalon?" Algalon is just a bonus boss to reward the hardcore players, he isn't really lore related either. Arthas however is a major lore character and I don't think Blizzard is gonna stop 60-75% of the playerbase from actually fighting / defeating him.
    THIS

Quote Originally Posted by icey_red
    imo he shouldnt be hardmode only, instead his normal mode should be insanely fine tuned and hard to begin with
    this 100%

i personally think there should be no `do all of x mode` to unlock arthas i think that he should just be hard and by that i mean wanna rip your eyeballs out hard.

LOL, look at this angry kid go. Sounds like someone is bleeding from the vagina today. I don't know what I said to piss you off like this, kid, but I do know you must have TONS of friends and a healthy social life with that personality!-(Sindershock)
    The hardcore players are happy with the difficulty (with the exception of Buzzkill, who seems to enjoy complaining)
    Plagued Proto-Drakes suddenly become "Slightly Infected Chicken Drakes", or "Last Nights Takeaway Drakes".chronalis
    `Trolls need locks, wtf. It only fucking makes the most sense.`

How often are new (tough to master) bosses fine tuned. They never seem to succeed with that. But they should focus on it yes.

Regarding Frostmourne... the legendary mace does require you to do a hard-mode of Yogg-Saron to finish off the quest. That's good news. HOPEFULLY the sword only drops on the hardest mode.

I'm sure there will be an easy version of him and some way to tweak the fight to make him more difficult. This is the new WoW

Deleted

But but, if its Hard mode only, Bob and his <Smart Latin Word> casual guild wont be able to encounter him then! That goes against blizzard policy

raids4all

i voted no, you shouldn't have to unlock arthas. he should simply be at the last of a long line of very hard bosses.

think kil'jaeden after m'uru and thats what im hoping for with arthas (ok maybe make him a bit harder than KJ was after m'uru)

I Would say, Yes and No. yes because i would make the way you have to reach him the same way you reach algalon in ulduar, for example, you would have to kill Sindragosa, Undead Bolvar, Undead Saurfang, and Undead Uther, all on hard mode to get to the Lich King, and No because, i would make the lich king have a hard mode, and ashbringer would only drop/be rewarded to you on hard-mode.

There are my thoughts.

Arthas should be a cock block

Deleted

Ugh, this topic needed to come up again.

Arthas will have a hard mode. Get used to the idea.

Dont want Arthas to be hardmode only due to i am a casualplayer and Arthas is my goal, tho frostmorn (if it will be in game) should only drop by doing it on hardmode. He should be hard tho on easymode, not like yogg

I think they should make him hard mode only. The thing about this game is that people think that sence they were able to get to 80 and do 500dps with a dps spec that they should be able to to do all end game content. and I find it to be anoying. I have been with the game sence launch and i never saw alot of end game content and rightfuly so I did not have the time to give to run MC every week or SSC and TK. you have to know your class you have to know your fights and you have to dedicate alot of time. if you dont do all three then you should not see every bit of end game content.

If you really look at video games in general now though you see this going very wide spread. you find alot of games that you cant die if you have 1/4 a braind (new Prince of Persia) or game where you can die all you want and the only thing that happens to you is you get respawned at the door you came in and the boss is still hurt from you fighting it and there is no backlash for dying (Too Human).

The world is coming to where people want to be told stories get cool looking items and not have to try to be good at games. I feel that i am good at my two classes I play i do alot of research alot of instice grinding to get the best items i can i just dont have the time to dedicate. Will i see Arthas killed. probably not am i upset at that. no not really once the next exp comes out i will be able to easy mode the hard mode just to see the fight like i am going to do with BT now.

Also i am fairly certin that blizz already said frostmourn is not going to drop considering that it takes control who ever holds it. That was a post before WOTLK came out.

No. he shall be exactely like Yogg-Saron: MANY modes avaible, with MANY helpers to choose.
    It can simply involve having to kill a miniboss that Jaina/Thrall/Darion/whoeverblizzardchooses is fightning while you fight arthas, and having them only in the end "cinematic" (i really really hope they make one this time...).
    Eg.
    Hard mode: NPCs deliver only the last blow, when they've finished the big-bad-thing arthas sent them to keep them busy.
    Easy Mode: NPCs help you all the fight, because you killed the big-bad-thing sent by arthas before engaging him.
    Getting him killed "easily" is not a problem, because it's not him weaker: it's more NPCs doing their work instead of the no one's raid.

To be honest, no.

They should make him so hard, that you should think "Whoah! All of that raiding was worth it for THIS epic moment!" when you kill him in normal mode. There should be no requirements, and just generally make him extremily hard, like the last boss on an expansion should be. And then ofc add a Hard Mode, thats even harder for all you extremists who don't think its hard enough to just climb up a vertical wall, but have to do it backwards too.