Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Algalon Videos, Blue posts, Failocalypse

Algalon Videos - Apathy and Gentlemen's Club
    I'm sure a lot of people want to take a close look at Algalon, especially with Patch 3.1.3 going live in the upcoming weeks/days with a few changes to Mimiron's encounters. The first video is the kill by Apathy (EU-Vek'nilash).

HTML Code:
    <object width="560" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4mo7gm_7-4w&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1&showinfo=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4mo7gm_7-4w&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1&showinfo=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="370"></embed></object>

The 2nd video is the 10-Man kill by Gentlemen's Club from US-Korgath.

HTML Code:
    <object width="560" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yTcT_xUkjpM&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1&showinfo=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yTcT_xUkjpM&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1&showinfo=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="370"></embed></object>

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Pet scaling
    We think it's probably time to let pets scale, to some extent, with resilience and spell pen.

The way pets scale from the master's stats was implemented (on our side) in a slightly clunky way which made it difficult to add additional stats. In BC, it took some effort to kill a pet so it wasn't a burning problem for us. In LK, we have bumped up pet health a few times, but we are thinking now that the balance will never work right without some crit mitigation. Pets will never scale right with gear as long as the master improves in ways that don't benefit the pet.

We have a new way to let pets scale, and assuming it works, we should be able to give the pets scale with all relevant stats from the master, from hit to haste to crit. Some things will need to scale at 100%, since it's silly to have your pet inherit part of your +hit.

No promises until you actually see it live, but that's what we are thinking at the moment. (Source)

Formulas changes
    We change a lot of numbers every expansion. You should not assume that everything stays the same when we raise the level cap. Some formulae will still work with accepted numbers, but you may want to re-test others.

We generally support the players working to figure out exactly how everything works. That has been a big part of the WoW community since the inception. We think it takes some of the magic out of the game when everything is completely laid bare. However, sometimes the formulae we use are so arcane that we feel like it is appropriate to give the theorycrafters a peek behind the curtain. We did so with armor penetration and the new Arena reating calculations recently, and now with rage. In this case some players were assuming that rage generation was stealth nerfed recently so we wanted to clearly set the record straight. (Source)

Druid (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Resto druids in Arenas
    While we were succesful getting Resto druids into tree form in Arena, we were a little too succesful. We're not sure it's fun for either the druid or the people trying to kill the druid to be locked in tree form all the time. This change will hopefully make the fights a little more dynamic. (Source)

Paladin (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Single target healing
    An apparent "double standard" exists because the game has far fewer healing specs than damage specs. Most 25-player raids are going to have a diversity of healers so it's okay in our minds for them to have more discrete niches. While there are many fights where single-target damage is not particularly useful, there are very, very few fights that are not tanked, and therefore where single-target healing is not particularly useful. Besides, while the paladin niche may be single-target healing, when I look at raid stats, nearly all of them are managing to heal people besides the MT. I've run 10-player raids with 2 paladin healers plenty of times. It works fine. (Source)

Rogue (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    AoE Ability added to Rogues in WotLK
    Most trash pulls in Naxx used AE almost exlcusively. Being a single-target damage-dealer, and one with combo points no less, felt just terrible. Yeah, I know "nobody cares about trash." Except they do. Rogues (and at the time other specs with sub-par AE dps) wondered why anyone would want to bring them when the raid leader could speed up the whole raid by bringing someone who could AE. There are adds on some of the boss fights too and we knew that many of the upcoming Ulduar fights would have a lot of AE opportunities too.

We feel these days like "I bring the best AE!" is not a strong niche. Likewise, it felt archaic to say that some characters just had to sit around while everyone else AE'd those big packs down. (Source)

Warrior (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Heroic Strike in WotLK
    In BC, Heroic Strike was a decision. You used it when you needed to vent off excess rage. The problem in LK is that the excess rage situation is almost 100% of the time, so Heroic Strike isn't a decision anymore. We need to fix it. (Source)
    FAILOC-ALYPSE!
    If you tried to get Blizzcon tickets yesterday you might have noticed a link to a small game at the bottom of the waiting page .... FAILOC-ALYPSE!! That's 20 minutes of my life I'm never getting back.

Deleted

Re: Algalon Videos, Blue posts, Failocalypse

that failoc-alypse game seemed pretty pointless, but its a good timespender

The game was utterly pointless tbh, I want my wasted 30 sec back :<

Gz apathy <3

That is a ridiculously addictive game.

How is immune?

Quote Originally Posted by totty
    OMG CAN'T BLEVE I GOT A MURLOCK SUIT CODE FOR COMING TO LVL 80 ON FAILOC-ALYPSE
    lol wut

reached level 30 and got bored

got to lvl 50 then quit, afaik you can't die

took about 15min (and ofc i was using the wow character :P)

The instructions on how to play Failocalypse are just stellar.
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

Has someone managed to play with the witch-doctor?

Murlocs disappear as soon as they spawn and even if I am at the beginning, I can't kill anyone of them

(it works very fine with the draenei and the human :P)

*cough* 2nd Video is "private" *cough*

http://www.gcguild.net/movie/ulduar-...-first-us-kill (that's the embedded verion on GC's site.)

Quote Originally Posted by Yinchie
    Oh my god. Go write poetry, that's way overboard there!

Omg, theres like no end to Failocalypse
    I want through level 52 than i stopped.

lol -> OMG CAN'T BLEVE I GOT A MURLOCK SUIT CODE FOR COMING TO LVL 80 ON FAILOC-ALYPSE
    Maiev (PVP) ¶Qc¶i'¶RepresenT¶

Gz Apathy! Lag-free server is made of win I guess

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Yinchie
    got to 101... but your kill vs escape ratio is amazing (may be easyer with human?)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Oh, it is piss easy with Jim Raynor. You just scroll up and down at the right edge of the screen, mowing everything down with lazers.

Jim Raynor is quite overpowered, managed to get 200+ combos with him.
    Somehow his 'charge attack' messed up my screen though, it just kept growing vertically 'till it looked like this:

Yeah Raynor is easy, after you bug his Charge Laser you can charge and move around easily. After they start spawning fast you just spam the laser and they drop.

Too bad this game means nothing anyways. :P

I broke it worse than you did :[

Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara