Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warlock Demon idea

So, I'm one of the warlocks who got unlucky with demon names, besides my imp who's name is Chokin. I try my best to ignore it, but most of the names are just bad, hell, my Voidwalkers name doesn't even make grammatical sense! (Ormthyk) So I was thinking, since hunters now have the collars to rename their pets, why don't we get something to correct a bad name? Especially in the case of Felguards, until just recently their was maybe . . . 8 different FG names out there. So heres my idea, i'm posting it because I'm bored waiting for the Redwings game to start.

Banishment Scroll - banishes your current demon back to their home realm, allowing you to summon a new demon with a different name. (Cooldown 2 weeks)

PS: Go Wings!

Re: Warlock Demon idea

Hunters have trained, taught and depended on their friends for a long time. You have summoned a demon without any effort other than a prequest. Kinda makes sense to me.

Besides, who cares what name the demon has? Its a demon you summon from another world, so its not like its part of you. Its just friendly enough to contribute to your buffs, dps and utility

True but to me, its slightly annoying. I'm picky about random stupid crap, this is one of them. Again, this is just an idea, and now the game has started so I have accomplished my goal of consuming time.

mmm no

Changing the name of a demon is like changing the name of your lawyer or doctor just because you dont like it.

Demons are MINIONS, not pets, lorewise warlocks force them to serve, they dont ask friendly, plus, demons are sentient beings (aside from felhunters as far as i know), so it makes no sence changing its name at all.

I understand your intention but it would be total crap.

Warlocks dominate their demons and hunters befriend their pets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unatural View Post
    * 80% of all Raid bosses is Melee Unfriendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Aren't raid bosses supposed to be unfriendly? I thought that's why we were trying to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Revann
    Changing the name of a demon is like changing the name of your lawyer or doctor just because you dont like it.

Demons are MINIONS, not pets, lorewise warlocks force them to serve, they dont ask friendly, plus, demons are sentient beings (aside from felhunters as far as i know), so it makes no sence changing its name at all.

I understand your intention but it would be total crap.
    Technically, the way he suggest DOES make sense... You banish the original demon, and summon a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    Technically, the way he suggest DOES make sense... You banish the original demon, and summon a new one.
    Yes i understand that, but looks a little silly if you ask me, the point is: you summon an IMP because you need the services of an IMP, doesnt matter his name, the warlock wont care if its Richard the Imp or Albert the Imp, for me it doesnt fit the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Revann
    Yes i understand that, but looks a little silly if you ask me, the point is: you summon an IMP because you need the services of an IMP, doesnt matter his name, the warlock wont care if its Richard the Imp or Albert the Imp, for me it doesnt fit the class.
    this isn't meant to be a lore based idea, its an idea for random stupid crap in the game, i.e. like changing a hunters pets name. If you wanna go all logical on it, you wouldn't call your 10 year old cat Freddie one day when his name was Mr. Whiskerface. there is a LOT of things that are done for cosmetic reasons in the game, such as the barber shop or the Mage polymorph glyphs. They're fun random things for the class, not meant to follow the lore behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinno
    This guy explained it as simple and best it can be explained.

DK pet = a tool
    Warlock pet = a slave
    Hunter pet = a good friend

Sure I didn't like my demon's names, and my imp's name even meant p*ssy on my language, which I actually found funny, but truth is, warlocks dominate their demons, and use them as servants, while hunters see their pets as friends and companions, and take special care of them. Just as you would if you had a dogg you love, for an example.

Warlocks dominate their demons, they are their slaves, and I honestly doubt, that anyone in such a situation would care about his slave name.

The only thing I'd like to see is Blizzard make up a better name generation system for demons, like the succubus has. Her names are usually ok. Mirva, Disriel, Kathana, etc...

I'd rename all my slaves after the cast of Friends imo.

reroll and hope for a better name. or change your specc so you won't be using tha pet ever again.
    I mean its not really necessary for any pets to have any names really, but for hunters it's jsut for fun.
    Today in ulduar I was tanking, and it was hard keeping aggro so I was watching omen like crazy, all of a sudden I see this purple bar rise to the top and it said ChuckNorris. then I was like Daaaaaaaammmn, on teamspeak: "whats chuck norris doing here, holy shit you guys excpct me to hold chuck norris's aggro!"

Get a grip man!
    What are you a shadow/fire/demon enslaving warlock or a whimp hunter?

As people said in this thread, demons are your slaves, use them, and send them away. Don't get emotionally attached for god's sake... :

Thou I wouldn't mind having some private sessions with my succubus <hint, hint> ;D

"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother fu*ker in the valley...."

Quote Originally Posted by Sinner
    Get a grip man!
    What are you a shadow/fire/demon enslaving warlock or a whimp hunter?

As people said in this thread, demons are your slaves, use them, and send them away. Don't get emotionally attached for god's sake... :

Thou I wouldn't mind having some private sessions with my succubus <hint, hint> ;D
    this

15+ Year Old Account

A friend of mine tamed a Scorpion pet, but couldn't get it to rank 6 loyalty for whatever reason. He named it Scorpidy and we wasted a good drunken hour watching him fling him from the top of Aldor Rise.

"Scorpidy you little b%tch!!"

I'd trade naming my pet for Eyes of the Beast any day.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Tinno
    Like evil Pokemon trainers and good Pokemon trainers yo.

I see how it'd be annoying but just turn off minion name text or somethin. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash
    I want to put Beastslaying on Val'Anyr and AFK in Dalaran.

I don't see anything wrong with this. It's a pretty harmless change and his suggestion makes perfect sense from a lore point of view.
    I'm your maker, not thy saviour.

To name minions to me would take a lot away from the game. These demons are enslaved and would probably turn against their master at any given time, so to rename them is an insult (RP wise) to an intelligent, maleviolent being.

Say on my hunter I have had the same cat I trained back in Winterspring 3 years ago when I levelled - my hunter would consider him a long standing friend. By the same lore stand point, my warlock considers each of her minions as slaves, doesn't care much for their names as they only serve their purpose. To feed, heal and train a pet suggests compassion (ignoring the sadist above me throwing his scorpian off a cliff maybe ), sacrificing a voidwalker to get a protective shield doesn't.

And yes my demons names are all awful, but the only cases I've heard of demon names being changed was stuff like that warlock getting a succubus called Krakkor or whatever it was

People are both misunderstanding this and taking it far too seriously. You wouldn't be renaming them yourself, you would resummon them and it would be the same name generator they came from originally. If you want to RP it (I don't RP) then maybe say. . .I dunno they just didn't serve well or something.

Exordium,

Thank you for this well thought of and lorewise brilliantly correct mini-suggestion. As both a warlock and a scribe I would happily see the "Scroll of Banishment" added to my collection of craftables and I think many people would have alot of fun with it. I sincerely hope this suggestion makes it into the game since it seems like programming wise it would be nothing more than add an item which makes the demon-name-randomizer do another spin (It's probably not that easy but I'm not a programmer).

I'm sorry to see 90% of the readers of this topic haven't bothered to thoroughly read your suggestion, so here is a thumbs up from someone who has. Well done!

Kealec