Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Super angry and confused at rating calculations - Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mofoe
    Will what I would like to know is how is your MMR calculated everyone says it eventually evens out but how is that calculated is it based on ur loses vs wins and thier team rating meaning once you start losing lets say 50% of your games it evens out? Also if I have a high 2v2 rating will that help me have a higher mmr in 3v3?
    I think that each bracket has it's own MMR so 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 don't effect each other. But I'm not positive.

You get matched up against teams with an MMR close to yours and winning games will make it go up and losing games will make it go down. The game tries to quickly determine what your MMR should be, so if you win several games in a row it will start matching you against higher level opponents to try and get your rating to climb faster, just like if you start losing a bunch of games it will start matching you against lower opponents.

I don't think that Blizzard has published the exact calculations that are used to determine your rating.

It makes sense how the system is supposed to work and how it is designed to have you even out but it just doesn't seem to be matching me correctly with other teams.

It seems to me, that the system is matching us to mmr rated teams significantly higher. Whenever there is a chance to improve my rating.

My frustration sets in because it doesn't seem like im facing a team with equal gear or skill, im facing opponents significantly higher whenever there is that opportunity to improve beyond a team lower then us.

Like I said in my original post, we fought a few teams lower then our rating, then BAM were facing a team 500 mmr higher.... or another instance where we beat a few teams who are under by less then 100 our mmr and then we face a team that 300 mmr higher

When I see the same class as one of ours with 7k hp or mana more then us or 1 person puts out as much as two of our dps, and we are decked out in deadly gear, its hard to believe gear is not an issue. If you calculate the possible upgrades from deadly to furious just from the 4 or 5 pieces you can get at 1550 rating, it can make the difference.

Is it that they cant find anyone near our mmr? Thats the only possibility I see.

It's possible, if you are playing off peak hours.

They need to balance finding a good match for your team with lengthening the queue time...

Deleted

Also if you start playing in a certain bracket MMR is comstantly flying around.
    If you (for instance) get queued against a 1200 rated team and win this, the system will try queuing you against a very high team (think 1800) and if you lose that to a 1500 team and if you lose that to a 1350 team etc etc etc. In the first 10 games your MMR will fly up and down if its the first time in that bracket, in the end it will stable out to a certain rating because the system knows at you go 50-50 to teams at that rating.
    From my own experience of starting a 3v3 team I had for the first 20 games my rating fly between 1500-2500 constantly and in the end it evened out at around 1900 rating, from where you can start building it up by getting gear.
    Also a sidenote, you could try to get the hatefull set from honor before getting furious, it isn't that easy getting a full furious set without buying any hatefulls/deadlys, especially the 2-set bonus of all sets is lovely.

Personal Rating - Determines amount of Arena points earned each week.
    Personal Rating - Determines eligibility to purchase Arena items that require a rating, ie. Furious weapons.
    Team Rating - Determined by the win/loss ratio played by any players on a particular charter.
    Match Making Value (Rating) - Determines the amount of points earned or lost by a particular team at the end of every match.
    Match Making Value (Rating) - Determines the amount of points earned or lost by the opposing team at the end of every match.

As such, MMV > Team Rating > Personal Rating.

This discourages players from switching charters during the Arena season.
    This is a much better calculation system that in previous seasons due to teams that fluctuate their ratings. Until they reach their cumulative average rating in following weeks, they are in their rightful rating in addition to earning similar points as teams ~100 rating above or below.

Teams below 1500 should earn similar Arena points, until they start reaching the 1500 mark.
    Teams above 1500 will not be pushed to end their Arena week by hoping to get particularly lucky in matchups (unless an individual requires a boost in personal rating for a Furious piece).
    Teams that play "10 games a week - only for points" should be disappointed about this change.