Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Rollin' a Lock

Go for affliction till you reach UA, then go for Soul Link.
    How does affliction leveling work? very easy. You won't need water and food even ONCE during your all leveling if you're doing it right, affli specced.
    Ok so
    step 1: VW attacks the 1st mob.
    step 2: put your 3 dots on the 1st mob
    step 3: while you send your VW to the 2nd mob, fear the 1st one.
    step 4: while the 1st mob is dying feared and dotted, put your 3 dots to the 2nd mob
    step 5: fear the 2nd mob while you send your VW to the 3rd mob.
    Oh, i forgot lifetap. Try to use lifetap everytime you fear-dot a mob!
    If you do it like this, you won't need any food/water for your entire leveling

I'll now talk about how I leveled from 70 to 80, i did this with full brutal stuff, so i don't know if this works with green stuff from quests... just try it if you want.
    PS: It was before Siphon Life was removed, but it should work with Corruption too:
    What i did was to put a Siphon Life on like 7-8 mob, then SoC the shit out of them. The fact was that Siphon Life healed me more than the mobs DPS me.. so i was always at 100% life no matter how much mob i had on me.
    If you want to try this with your green stuff, go ahead .

Quote Originally Posted by yaamaan
    I'll now talk about how I leveled from 70 to 80, i did this with full brutal stuff, so i don't know if this works with green stuff from quests... just try it if you want.
    PS: It was before Siphon Life was removed, but it should work with Corruption too:
    What i did was to put a Siphon Life on like 7-8 mob, then SoC the shit out of them. The fact was that Siphon Life healed me more than the mobs DPS me.. so i was always at 100% life no matter how much mob i had on me.
    I'm afraid it won't, that is if Seed of Corruption and Corruption still count as the same spell. I'm not sure if I'm right here. But you can always try it with rain of fire I guess. You might've just discovered something I enjoyed alot the Siphon Life change might've taken away.. hmmm.. shame.

Sadly it doesn't work this way anymore since the changes to Siphon Life, as the life-gain from Siphon Life is only gained from regular corruption spells, not the seed of corruption spell.(and since they are mutually exclusive, it is one or the other on a given target)

I have had no problems leveling my AFF lock 70-80 since the change though, in fact it is even faster now with having less total dots to put on targets and roughly the same dps. Instead of putting seed of corruption on everything, I just put Haunt on the first target and have it macro'ed to order the void to attack it at same time, then I start putting CoA and corruption on that target and everything in sight. As soon as the Haunt wears off, I get a big chunk of life back, and I put haunt on the freshest target to get me another chunk of life. I find that the lifegain from haunt + corruption makes me easily able to tank the damage from mobs that the void might lose aggro on + still make liberal use of lifetap. With all the dots running, I usually pick a dotted target and do a drain life (which I have talented to minimize pushback) and end up staying topped-off on health and mana both at the end of the fight. If I happen to pull too many or a patrol rolls into me midfight, then a free damage shield off my voidwalker (which no longer kills it), combined with either a regular fear or an instant Howl of Terror juggles the mobs easily to let the dots finish their job. During all this mess the corruptions are all essentially stackable passive hots on me and the void both due to Siphon Life + Fel Synergy. Adding the Haunt dot + Drain life really makes the life-drain-tanking you can pull off pretty sick with a deep affliction build. (and the void tends to keep aggro through most of the duration of my side-targets that have a CoA+Corruption, due to its aoe taunt, which means that the targets im not focusing on with Haunt + drain life don't even notice me until they are at least half-dead.)

The Siphon Life + Felguard build plays similarly, but has much weaker dots and a stronger pet. I don't really consider that one a "leveling build" since you cant get both skills till you are 71. I've also tried deep demonology, but I'm just not a big fan of lumping so much of my dps into my felguard which is basically only single-target dps. I find destruction fun for instances, but I'm just a big believer in affliction for solo-work, all the way baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furkel
    Long story short, my voidwalker is borderline retarded.

Affliction: The common favourite. It's not really any doubt why either. The downtime as affli is close to 0, the first levels 1-20 is annoying as stated before. But thats the same as the other specs. You put 2-3 dot's depending on the gear and mobs and just go on to the next, while the mobs pound you. Usually you end up with about 90% mana and health after this. Preffered pet: VW untill you get dark pact, when you get felguard use it, it's mp5 is nice aswell as the healing it provides with glyph and talent.

Demonology: this is the spec I leveled with mostly about 2 years ago. Your demon don't got so amazing treath as the other say imo :/ It drops aggro alot, but when you get FG at 50 it's no worry though, the mobs just die before they get a chance to drop aggro, lol. The last talent is also awsome, at lvl ~72 I can easily reach about 2k dps in UK and Nexus. Immolation aura+SoC is sick aoe dps:P also grat for big aoe pulls while levling.

Destruction: DON'T go this before 64 x] Then you have Fel armor, and Incinerate. Fel armor is quite vital since it restores health every 2-4 sec, as destro you need this working with Life Tap to prevent downtime being 50%. Also Incinerate is your major spam ability with most improvements from talents. This is my favourite spec on my warlock, It's not treath friendly though ;> and if your any skilled at all an avarage tank stand no chance So if your gonna do instance with pug's alot go affli or demo, lol. Fun crits, but its focused on killing one target and go on to the next, so both demo and affli is better speedwise.

Thats my pro's and Con's, regards Zeffy of the Twisting Nether

Edited: Wrote Demonic Pact instead of Dark pact :-[

Quote Originally Posted by Haibara
    Affliction: The common favourite. It's not really any doubt why either. The downtime as affli is close to 0, the first levels 1-20 is annoying as stated before. But thats the same as the other specs. You put 2-3 dot's depending on the gear and mobs and just go on to the next, while the mobs pound you. Usually you end up with about 90% mana and health after this. Preffered pet: VW untill you get Demonic pact, then go with Imp. It's mp5 is amazing.

if you are leveling affliction, you wouldn't have demonic pact, and Imp is a Destro pet.

if anything your pet will be felhunter as affliction, the improved felhunter gives it a wonderful mass o mp for you to drain from periodically. Affliction is VERY mana saavy.

so long as you kill with drain soul, you will get 15% of your mana pool back as long as no one else makes the finishing blow.

Life steal and Drain health will let you recover Health back quickly which can be used for life taps (an ability warlocks depend on to recover mana during fights)

Life tap also returns more MP back to you when you are in affliction.

Dark pact will allow you to consume a portion of your pets mana if you need to, and fel hunter will make the job infinitely easier since it will have a means to quickly recover mana as well.

i also recommend you use it for leveling because of its strong amount of Life stealing abilities. Survivability is always important in exp builds

Edit: few typos fixed
    Signatures too large - Undertaker

Go for affliction till you reach UA, then go for Soul Link.
    How does affliction leveling work? very easy. You won't need water and food even ONCE during your all leveling if you're doing it right, affli specced.
    Ok so
    step 1: VW attacks the 1st mob.
    step 2: put your 3 dots on the 1st mob
    step 3: while you send your VW to the 2nd mob, fear the 1st one.
    step 4: while the 1st mob is dying feared and dotted, put your 3 dots to the 2nd mob
    step 5: fear the 2nd mob while you send your VW to the 3rd mob.
    Oh, i forgot lifetap. Try to use lifetap everytime you fear-dot a mob!
    If you do it like this, you won't need any food/water for your entire leveling

your making this wya too complicated, go affliction all the way to haunt then get SL(you dont need SL til northrend)
    basicaly dot everything and drain life after u life tap til u get haunt
    then when u have haunt u just haunt UA corruption sumthing tab UA corruption CoA tab haunt UA corruption tab UA corruption coa and repeat
    heaunt heals you back whenever its duration is over so you never have to drain life and the corruptions ticking makes u prety invincible against anything youd level off.

edit, and the best pet to level ass afflic is definatly VW now, new sacrifice makes u able to never get ganked and gives you an o shit button if you pull alot of mobs sumhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Haibara
    Your demon don't got so amazing treath as the other say imo :/
    Wat?

15+ Year Old Account

Personally, I lvled as Affliction up to lvl 50, then went Demo. I enjoyed it alot, especially Illidan Form (and yes, I did defeat him).

Played from 1 till 68 demono, found it very boring

I switched then Destro and it was just amazing to nuke down mobs in 3 secs

Quote Originally Posted by Daeth
    Don't roll a lock if you intend to PvP. You'll get rage problems due to all the games lost where you could do absolutely nothing.
    Hehe, I've been playing hunter for a long time, don't think this would be a problem

And by the way, thanks for answers guys Im 20 at the moment, having a lot of fun in hillsbrad ^^

1-40 should be definitely Affliction. Nothing like DoTing up 10-15 mobs (same level) and see your HP rapidly fluctuate between 70% and 100% while just standing there taking a beating because of Siphon Life. Leveled from 36-40 in like 2-3 hours only (with some rested XP). I used to hate humanoid or murloc camps because of so much aggro / fast respawn. Now I just charge in there, DoT up 10-15 of them, life tap, bandage to 100% hp in 1 second (see below) then loot.

+255 Shadow Power at level 40 with BoA gear:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ale&n=Cinderix

Also helps to have Frostweave bandage at lvl 35+, I life tap to 5% hp then go back to full in less than 2 seconds. I just had a guildie let me ride on his passenger mammoth to bring me to hellfire peninsula for training, then take the zep to Northrend to train grand master first aid. Since this is my alt, I'll wait until level 80 then powerlevel my 2 professions of choice.

15+ Year Old Account

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

I did it as Afflc, DoTing and going to the next.
    Worked great.

10+ Year Old Account

I am rolling as Demo and I love it. But I came from a Hunter background.
    "I don't agree with you on that, I'm going to have to check Google." -Martin, Role Models.