Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Improved Power Word: Shield

I was thinking, since discipline still has no abillity to free themselves from Crippling Poison and Holy having the Poison dispell (wtf) I was thinking we might want to have a talent (or adjust one) which would make the bubble act as some sort of immunity shield for "chance-on-hits". The chance on hits would only count for melee hits ofcourse. This also does mean it can stop Enhancement shamans from getting WF procs but luckily for them they have Purge.

With the amount of magic dispells ingame atm I see this as a better solution towards the problem then to give Holy a poison dispell which is useless since Discipline is still the PvP build. PW:S would only grant immunity to them while it's active and would not remove existing effects when cast.

Ofcourse it could be turned into something which would free the caster from all movement impairing effects but I don't see how that would improve the situation.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Improved Power Word: Shield

Well, that is kind of the point of Racials. If you were a Dwarf, you could pop Stoneform to remove the poison. Its not as great of a spell as it used to be, but it usually will allow you to survive a burst from a rogue or such.

-Libertor's Armory!- "AGGRO" ~ LOOSELY TRANSLATED, IT MEANS "THE PRIEST DIES."

How will -one- dispell help you to survive it? It's applied back the second you used stoneform.

10+ Year Old Account

Well, if its against a rogue...I pop Stoneform and then Desperate Prayer, which will heal for atleast 10k...

-Libertor's Armory!- "AGGRO" ~ LOOSELY TRANSLATED, IT MEANS "THE PRIEST DIES."

Giving Discpiests a Hand of freedom like spell sounds good, but still they will be 300% harder to kill ^^

While we are at it:

Power Word Sheild giving a immunity to attacks - like iceblock, with a chance to proc while geting melee hited. It should also remove all snare and poison effects from you - we can just adjust this by adding it to a talent. Also while under the effect of weakened soul your immune to stunn effects. Hummm did i miss anything? oh ye: power word sheild will also allow you to regen 6% of your total mana every 2 sec's for 8 secs - this is also easy to adjust. And, lets not forget: lets make power word sheild un-purgable or disspellable - its realy not fair that i need to put effort in healing myself cause the enhanc shaman can purge my sheild!!

Ofc make this only available to the discipline tree - they are the only ones pvping. No point giving holy any pvp talent anyways.

Oh and last thing: when you cast power word sheild - all your enemies die and you auto win the match. this can replace reflective sheild talent. I am sure this would 'improve the situation'.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkita
    While we are at it:

Power Word Sheild giving a immunity to attacks - like iceblock, with a chance to proc while geting melee hited. It should also remove all snare and poison effects from you - we can just adjust this by adding it to a talent. Also while under the effect of weakened soul your immune to stunn effects. Hummm did i miss anything? oh ye: power word sheild will also allow you to regen 6% of your total mana every 2 sec's for 8 secs - this is also easy to adjust. And, lets not forget: lets make power word sheild un-purgable or disspellable - its realy not fair that i need to put effort in healing myself cause the enhanc shaman can purge my sheild!!

Ofc make this only available to the discipline tree - they are the only ones pvping. No point giving holy any pvp talent anyways.

Oh and last thing: when you cast power word sheild - all your enemies die and you auto win the match. this can replace reflective sheild talent. I am sure this would 'improve the situation'.
    God, how old are you, 12? Sounds like you're just having a bad day. The only thing you said that isn't retarded is that disc are the only ones pvping. This is true, and I'm pretty sure most priests are fine with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

15+ Year Old Account

hi, my name is sarcasm, i am here to enlighten you.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

While we are at it:

A. It's SHIELD. Learn to spell, you misspelled a lot of other words too.
    B. Shove it. Don't take it out on others when you have a bad day.

It's stupid to ask for any sort of poison dispel. Every class is vulnerable to something, so is priest to the poison. Also, good geared pvp priest can survive rogue's burst and asking to receive something to deny rogue's poisons is unfair toward every other class in the game. You can't be good against everyone, so rogues are our weakness and that's a good thing. However, lately warriors own priests more than rogues ever could, but that's a bit offtopic.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    It's stupid to ask for any sort of poison dispel. Every class is vulnerable to something, so is priest to the poison. Also, good geared pvp priest can survive rogue's burst and asking to receive something to deny rogue's poisons is unfair toward every other class in the game. You can't be good against everyone, so rogues are our weakness and that's a good thing. However, lately warriors own priests more than rogues ever could, but that's a bit offtopic.
    I just want a skill to combat PvE poisons. I understand poisons are priests weakness in PvP, and fine with that. But would it kill blizz to let us dispel PvE poisons? Any idea how hellish h HoL/OK are to heal because of poisons?

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

While we are at it:

Like purge ever works >.<. We need to cast it at least 2-3 times before we remove it.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    Like purge ever works >.<. We need to cast it at least 2-3 times before we remove it.
    PvP Disc priests have 30% dispel resistance. 95% if Pain Suppression is up. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    I just want a skill to combat PvE poisons. I understand poisons are priests weakness in PvP, and fine with that. But would it kill blizz to let us dispel PvE poisons? Any idea how hellish h HoL/OK are to heal because of poisons?
    I don't find 5mans a challenge tbh. And how do you expect pve abolish poison to work and pvp one not? Also, give priest pve abolish poison and you really don't need a resto druid anymore. You simply cannot do everything, which is good and forces different comps in pvp and different raid compositions in pve.
    Priests (healer ones) have really a lot of tools, insanely potent dispels and so on and giving them posion abolish is really OP. They nerfed viper sting since we were too vulnerable against it, but rogues do need to keep their edge over us. Give us abolish poison and rogue's really not an issue anymore, which isn't fair.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou

PvP Disc priests have 30% dispel resistance. 95% if Pain Suppression is up. :P
    While on the topic of dispell resistance. I've always wondered, has mass dispell more of a "chance" against dispell resistance? Because it can remove immunity effects, does it also have more than a 5% chance to remove a Pain Suppression, or more than 10% to remove a barkskin/innervate?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I don't find 5mans a challenge tbh. And how do you expect pve abolish poison to work and pvp one not? Also, give priest pve abolish poison and you really don't need a resto druid anymore. You simply cannot do everything, which is good and forces different comps in pvp and different raid compositions in pve.
    Priests (healer ones) have really a lot of tools, insanely potent dispels and so on and giving them posion abolish is really OP. They nerfed viper sting since we were too vulnerable against it, but rogues do need to keep their edge over us. Give us abolish poison and rogue's really not an issue anymore, which isn't fair.
    Simple: Classify all monster created poison as Poison/Disease. Allows us to cleanse them. Curses are not a problem in PvE, nor are 99% of magic effects, whereas ~80% of poisons ARE a problem.

I can't think of any fight where poison is an issue, is there any at Ulduar that does poisons? But as for others:

Curses:
    Noth
    Sapphiron

Diseases:
    Heigan

Magic:
    Iron Council
    Auriaya
    Hodir

I can't think of any others atm, not counting 5mans because they're really easy. I also don't know if there exists any ability that's usable in pve and not in pvp similar to what you're suggesting (abolish poison).

Re: mass dispel - it has the same hit chance as regular dispel magic.

15+ Year Old Account

I can't think of any fight where poison is an issue, is there any at Ulduar that does poisons? But as for others:

Curses:
    Noth
    Sapphiron

Diseases:
    Heigan

Magic:
    Iron Council
    Auriaya
    Hodir

I can't think of any others atm, not counting 5mans because they're really easy. I also don't know if there exists any ability that's usable in pve and not in pvp similar to what you're suggesting (abolish poison).

Re: mass dispel - it has the same hit chance as regular dispel magic.
    Corrupter tentacles do draining poison that drains health and mana, and either them or yogg does a curse of doom.

I'm not interested in the PvE part of it. It's strictly the PvP part aimed towards rogues. I just feel that a talent which applies Crippling Poison without having it on your weapon or having to do something leet for it is just hurting priests in particular. I can cleanse Chains of Ice and I know he will blow 2 frost runes on it and isn't able to do it another time after and warrior blow rage on it. Every class that has snares sacrifices something for it, while rogues don't. No globals, no energy, nothing.

Mostly it's frustrating that there is absolutely no way to counter it as a priest. I'm just thinking about a way to remove/avoid Crippling Poison for a certain amount of time. Also been thinking about another way to use PW:S in this, by allowing it to remove movement impairing effects on cast and grant a 2/3sec immunity afterward to them. But this would be a nerf to any class that has snares. So I rather see the first option I mentioned.

how bout a proc on pw shield of removing all movement impairing debuffs or something to that affect....maybe in the Disc talents?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandone
    Hi

I'm pretty new to druids and I was wondering if Incest Swarm is good for pvp ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Walookani
    Yes. It stuns and has a bleed effect.