Poll: Which class poses to be the biggest challenge for a Warlock?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

-(NEW POLL)-Biggest challenge PvP opponent for a Warlock!

In this thread please discuss:
    1.Strategic choices used against a particular class
    2.Class mechanic flaws, that warlocks have against other classes
    3.Viable PvP specs for BGS and/or Arenas
    4.Thoughts on Pet scaling (resilience and spell pen)
    5.How viable is Pve gear in BG's (arena is another story)

Please only post constructive material in this thread. If only players that play warlocks in the 80 bracket BGs
    comment.

P.S. No trolling or flaming please

Re: -(NEW POLL)-Biggest challenge PvP opponent for a Warlock!

Well I PvP mostly in Battlegrounds and that is in PvE gear, though with a PvP Destruction spec. It's pretty simple though you are kinda voulnerable. Probably the most viable spec in Battlegrounds.

I play with a Succubus out. You wouldn't believe how much fun that is! You're killing a player and a Rogue jumps on you from behind, she'll simply seduce him while you quickly finish your target and proceed to kill the Rogue.

I let my Succubus on defensive with Seduction on with auto-casting. When a fight begins she goes and dps' the target instead of Seducing it, but no matter since you simply click Seduction, but it does trigger her GCD. Though if you don't, she'll use seduction on the next target that attacks you, she'll start casting as soon as the target makes 1 hit on you (see the Rogue example above).

Pretty every target goes like this: Seduction - Curse of Elements - Immolate - Seduction - Conflagrate - Seduction - Chaos Bolt - Incinerate - Shadowburn. Usually that kills the target. Well on perfect conditions it almost always kills it (no resillience gear target without someone healing it). Use a Shadowfury if you need to escape or a Demonic Teleport. I personally don't use it much since you need to go somewhere first and put it down, then you need to move away which doesn't suit a Battlgeround's demand, come quick, kill quick.

The only major problem are possibly only Death Knight's and retribution Paladins. Their Anti-Magic shell with a measely 45 sec cooldown makes them use it whenever it's off cooldown. That's really though to survive, thought a Demonic Teleport usually solves it if you had the luxury of putting it down aswell as their 10k Frost Strikes and Obliterates. Some retribution Paladins can really pack a punch aswell.

Pet scaling doesn't bother me in Battlegrounds, he rarely gets targeted and killed. The thing that kills him is Soul Link and even that is rarely. In arena it's a very different story, they are really vulnerable and weak.
    Q.: What happens when a Paladin uses Consecration while at the same time a Death Knight puts up Desecration?

A.: No man's land.

15+ Year Old Account

To previous "bg poster"
    You should really reconsider not using succubus in BG's for two reasons.

So many massfights where its bound to get hit intentionally or unintentioally by some damage when channeling.

You mentioned DK's and Retris as a problem, with felhunter up I would say DK's and Retris are among the easiers encounter for a desttrowarlock. Only time you will be kneedeep in shit is with DK's if they get the initiative and DG/strang you and you got to many debuffs and get unlycky devour or if its simply on cd.

bet the forumtroll Sicarus will join soon and flame me and others for not pawning rogues but it's bound to happen. I voted Rogues cos of their insane ammount of cd's to be used as well as Cloak of no skill. My vote cover both bg & arena.

Cheers
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

says a lot about rogue 'balance' the fact that the result(s) is a single loooong line of ROGUE as worse enemy.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

I use a Succubus for the sheer fact of Rogues in the Battleground. I mean, fighting a Rogue is like... the easiest thing possible? As I mentioned before, Paladins and Death Knights are a problem when they pop up their Cooldowns (AMS, DS, Strangulate). Even with a Felhunter out during that time, it's pretty impossible to kill them. Keep in mind I said im in PvE gear, I can not outstand the carnage during that time. With PvP gear it's probably possible due to the sheer fact of low burst on you cause of all the resillience and health.

About the Succubus getting interrupted because of unintentional damage, I can't seem to remember when was the last time that happened. I'm running with Improved Succubus so that 0.5 sec of Seduction cast time isn't really noticeable, but the diminishing return is. And if there's a massive fight like you mentioned, the target is gonna die sooner or later and there are other target's to Seduce.
    Q.: What happens when a Paladin uses Consecration while at the same time a Death Knight puts up Desecration?

A.: No man's land.

Overall any spec any time a rogue will probably be the biggest challenge followed by a ret paladin.

As destro a GOOD enh shaman will rape me without having to stunlock.

Rogue with all his cooldowns are my worst enemy in arena, duel and battlegrounds,

i dont see how u can beat an unholy dk with lichborn or a feral drood in a duel...rogues and rets are much more easier

Deleted

A good rogue is impossible to beat.

@ OP: You don't seriously expect people to discuss all those things in one single thread? Owell I'll try. (I have a warlock, yes, just haven't bothered putting any other chars besides my DK in my sig).

Quote Originally Posted by Toogood
    In this thread please discuss:
    1.Strategic choices used against a particular class
    2.Class mechanic flaws, that warlocks have against other classes
    3.Viable PvP specs for BGS and/or Arenas
    4.Thoughts on Pet scaling (resilience and spell pen)
    5.How viable is Pve gear in BG's (arena is another story)
    1. Ummmm, pass.
    2. Pets are shit, rogues cloak everything off, yada yada yada. We got fuck all escapes from melee classes.
    3. Everything is viable for BG, for arena affli for 2's with healer and some 3's, destro for rest.
    4. Should scale to make pets viable.
    5. Depends if you want to die instantly once a rogue finds you.

PvPing in BGs destro specced is very funny.
    Myself being nearly full uldu25 geared, i have a lot more fun using my pve gear than my pvp gear ( ~930 resi ).
    It goes like: Seduce, element curse, immo, Shadowfury ( if you're facing a War, dk, rogue.. ), Chaos bolt, conflag.
    You don't need to use Shadowfury right after the immolation if you're not facing a class that could take adventage of the time they're not CCed ( like Charge, Deathgrip, Vanish.. )
    With good PVE Gear ( 2700spell 33%crit 400+ haste ) it goes like:
    2-4k (immo), 11k ( chaos ), 11k ( conflag ), dead ;P
    Our anticlass with PVE Gear and Destro specced are Rogues and Ferals.
    Ferals are awefull because you can't seduce them.. And rogues.... are rogues.
    Ps: English isn't my motherlanguage, no taunt pls

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by yaamaan
    PvPing in BGs destro specced is very funny.
    Myself being nearly full uldu25 geared, i have a lot more fun using my pve gear than my pvp gear ( ~930 resi ).
    It goes like: Seduce, element curse, immo, Shadowfury ( if you're facing a War, dk, rogue.. ), Chaos bolt, conflag.
    You don't need to use Shadowfury right after the immolation if you're not facing a class that could take adventage of the time they're not CCed ( like Charge, Deathgrip, Vanish.. )
    With good PVE Gear ( 2700spell 33%crit 400+ haste ) it goes like:
    2-4k (immo), 11k ( chaos ), 11k ( conflag ), dead ;P
    Our anticlass with PVE Gear and Destro specced are Rogues and Ferals.
    Ferals are awefull because you can't seduce them.. And rogues.... are rogues.
    Ps: English isn't my motherlanguage, no taunt pls
    Hehe same with me m8. mostly 226/213 itemlevel. Use only pvegear plus the WG pvptrinket with 111 sp in battlegrounds. I never use succusbus tho. CoL, Repentance are horros in pvegear so wanne be able to devour them. I skip CoE as well and still enjoy 8,5-12,5k crits with conflag. ~2800spellpower selfbuffed.
    I would never dream of going into arena in PvEgear tho
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Rogues.
    When: 1v1 situation.

Why: The ammount of stuns and other cc aviable.

How to prevent: VW, the majority of rogues thats pvping at 80 is most likely 41-5-25. The more skilled always know you as destro lock without a visible pet will try to seduce them and therefore pop CoS when they cheapshot you. Thats why I use my VW, then you get less % dmg taken as well as the shield. if the rogues being beaten his only resolution to get in stealth again is to vanish, and with prep he can only do this twice.

Combat: Cheap shot, now you shield and your pet attack the rogue. he will propably mutilate you and then kidney. now is the time to trinket, put CoA on him to force him to use CoS, and then prep vanish. Now you propably have lost only about 20-30% of your total hp. And the rogue propably used most of his vital cd's. how to go on from here is totally up to how the fight turns out. In bg's it's usually 1v1, but now most likely someone have shown up and can help you. if not, try with a random SF on the ground somewhere close, if your lucky you might get him. then if you do just roflpwn him with Immo-SP-coil-CB-Fear-Inc^^

thats how I do it atleast, tips'n hints welcome

it was always like that and maybe some day it's gonna change
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. "

~Ghostcrawler

If a rogue loses to a warlock it's not because the warlock is good. It is it either one of these options:

1: Rogue sucks
    2: His gear sucks
    3: A gigant meatball caused a DC
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Ghoruz&gn=Contraction

3: A gigant meatball caused a DC
    i hate it when that happens

Deleted

Rogues, definately. I do beat them 1v1 but usually they're fresh level 80 or just PvE geared and really bad players.

Surprisingly though, after rogues, I'm having most trouble with warriors. Rets are very easy, DKs are even easier but with warriors, they just spam spellreflect, charge, intercept and pummel or shield bash, so its impossible get a cast off and the'yre also quite hard too CC as they're almost immune to fear with trinket, the rage thingy and bladestorm.

Quote Originally Posted by ita
    Rogues, definately. I do beat them 1v1 but usually they're fresh level 80 or just PvE geared and really bad players.

Surprisingly though, after rogues, I'm having most trouble with warriors. Rets are very easy, DKs are even easier but with warriors, they just spam spellreflect, charge, intercept and pummel or shield bash, so its impossible get a cast off and the'yre also quite hard too CC as they're almost immune to fear with trinket, the rage thingy and bladestorm.
    That's mostly prot what you name. But bladestorm, they should call it blenderstorm, anything and anyone caught in it is gonna turn into a milkshake.

Rogue. Especially Undead ones. WotF + trink + steady stream of kicks/CC's wtfpwns locks, much less any other class. I would know. I do it all the time ;D

yeah you can always find a way to beat a non-undead rogue.. but then you face the undead and you can't win ;D
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

Assuming all cooldowns are up for both sides:

1: Rogue
    2: Ret Pally
    3: Frost DK (dame snares)
    5: Warriors

Rest are either 50/50 or we beat.
    FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU