Why is it everytime someone mentions...

buffing something priest has in some way, they start saying "Why don't we just let you insta kill everyone when you cast PW:S" Or "Make it so PW:S also gives immunity!"

Seriously, How many people on this forum are so annoying that they can't even figure out that asking for a simple change like dispelling poisons or making a change to a talent that isn't OP, but balances said talent, they automatically assume it's a disc priest QQing, even if it's say a shadow talent being talked about?

Anyone else getting extremely annoyed by this? -.-

Re: Why is it everytime someone mentions...

You can recognize a troll by its blue skin and its elephant-like fangs.

Do not feed them

Quote Originally Posted by Pagefault

Do not feed them
    lol

15+ Year Old Account

myzou how dense are you?

it is a matter of class balance. yes, rogues are annoying in 1v1, but with a half-decent partner you can 2v2 them without too much problem.

disc is ridic overpowered. in pve gear i can live through 2 gear dk's for ~15-20 seconds with room to move. 0 resilience, 0 pvp talents (aside from those i take for pve), 20 seconds by myself. with a partner to take 1 off i can easily live through the other, a rogue should be no problem with a partner.

balancing the game around 1v1 is retarded, everyone should just roll pally or shaman then so we can have tanks, melee, spellcasters, healers.

also pws should insta-kill whoever is attacking you if you have reflective shield. it should reflect 400% damage back at them so before they can blink they kill themselves. also weakened soul should be taken out and pw:s should absord 100% of your spellpower baseline, add in 15% + 40% from talents and it might be about even. it should even be castable on enemies to deal instant damage to them based on how much it would otherwise absorb so that priests can 3-4 shot rogues. that way we dont need poison removal and we can just kill them before they can touch us.

also, http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=64129. it's in our damn talent tree, no they will not move it if you dont like it then dont complain. if you want it, spec holy and stop crying.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    disc is ridic overpowered. in pve gear i can live through 2 gear dk's for ~15-20 seconds with room to move. 0 resilience, 0 pvp talents (aside from those i take for pve), 20 seconds by myself. with a partner to take 1 off i can easily live through the other, a rogue should be no problem with a partner.
    If you can live against 2 dks using strangulate and mind freeze correctly you are very impressive, since that is 18s of non healing. Chances are however, you can live against 2 terribad DKs that spam their bloodstrike while you have no diseases on.

A bad DK is a joke for a priest, a good one however, (like almost any class) can be quite a challenge.

Deleted

Go try that in arena whrere you will meet players with equal skill to yours, not so overpowered anymore.

myzou how dense are you?

it is a matter of class balance. yes, rogues are annoying in 1v1, but with a half-decent partner you can 2v2 them without too much problem.

balancing the game around 1v1 is retarded, everyone should just roll pally or shaman then so we can have tanks, melee, spellcasters, healers.

also pws should insta-kill whoever is attacking you if you have reflective shield. it should reflect 400% damage back at them so before they can blink they kill themselves. also weakened soul should be taken out and pw:s should absord 100% of your spellpower baseline, add in 15% + 40% from talents and it might be about even. it should even be castable on enemies to deal instant damage to them based on how much it would otherwise absorb so that priests can 3-4 shot rogues. that way we dont need poison removal and we can just kill them before they can touch us.

also, http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=64129. it's in our damn talent tree, no they will not move it if you dont like it then dont complain. if you want it, spec holy and stop crying.
    A typical overreative response. I agree Myzou.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

Thank you, llDemonll, for proving Myzou's point.
    I'm your maker, not thy saviour.

Quote Originally Posted by thethain
    If you can live against 2 dks using strangulate and mind freeze correctly you are very impressive, since that is 18s of non healing. Chances are however, you can live against 2 terribad DKs that spam their bloodstrike while you have no diseases on.

A bad DK is a joke for a priest, a good one however, (like almost any class) can be quite a challenge.
    Where are you getting 18seconds from? Diminishing returns has an effect so 2 strangulates dont take full duration each, aswell as massively lowering the silence on mind freeze.

Belium

Quote Originally Posted by Pagefault

Do not feed them.
    First answer is always correct answer. ME LOVE U LONGTIME NAOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    buffing something priest has in some way, they start saying "Why don't we just let you insta kill everyone when you cast PW:S" Or "Make it so PW:S also gives immunity!"

Seriously, How many people on this forum are so annoying that they can't even figure out that asking for a simple change like dispelling poisons or making a change to a talent that isn't OP, but balances said talent, they automatically assume it's a disc priest QQing, even if it's say a shadow talent being talked about?

All you've done is show you have the inability to give an objective opinion. Why do we have debuffs classifed into different types? So certain classes have the ability to remove some of them and not others. Priests have never been able to remove poison and it isn't until a few priests get beaten by some rogues that the priest community starts asking for the ability to remove poisons. Does that mean if druids start having trouble against DK's they should be able to remove diseases? How about Paladins, lock curses hurt them so by your logic they should be able to remove curses.

Fact is dispel is an extremely strong spell, we have the ability to remove 2 magic effects at once but defensively and offensively and we get to abolish diseases. Each class isn't supposed to have an answer for every possible thing in the game, we don't have a direct answer for poisons. Perhaps use some innovative gameplay to manage rogue poisons instead of calling for the ability to remove them.

If we take this request to it's nth degree every class in the game will be able to remove every single type of debuff that ever existed, we'd all have bubble immunity, every class would have healing spells, etc etc etc.

If we ever got poison removal I guarantee after awhile Curse of Tongues would become the most annyoing debuff we could get and the call would start for curse removal. Seriously, there are some people with a complete inability to see the bigger picture.

15+ Year Old Account

i restate my opinion.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hoof
    Where are you getting 18seconds from? Diminishing returns has an effect so 2 strangulates dont take full duration each, aswell as massively lowering the silence on mind freeze.
    Mindfreeze is an interrupt not a silence, and AFAIK interrupts are never effected by diminishing returns.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Mindfreeze is an interrupt not a silence, and AFAIK interrupts are never effected by diminishing returns.
    afaik you are right and lldemonll is a liar. you cannot live 20 seconds against two good dks. even if they have mindfreeze and strangulate on cd they can just move a step and interrupt with deathgrip. with 0 resil and 0 pvp talents you will live 5 seconds max against two dks.
    The World of Warcraft is a game of much complexity, sometimes there's fire, and you have to not stand in it

xheouls guide to wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou

Really?

I happen to look quite daily these forums and I still have to meet someone whining terribly about Priests in general, the last time I can remember was about CoH spam, maybe...

I believe it's normal that you would have a natural adversary. Some class that can't be beaten when both play at their best. And rogue is the adversary of many, but so is the priest!

My wife and I have recently started PVPing and while we are frankly quite horrible I honestly find nothing OP about priests shadow, disc or holy.

Disc priests are great healers sure but ive one-burst plenty of priests probably in the 350ish resil range. Again I know were not talking about high end arena here but If as a ret pally I can one burst through a disc priests bubbles and all their health I dont see how anyone could call them OP.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    My wife and I have recently started PVPing and while we are frankly quite horrible I honestly find nothing OP about priests shadow, disc or holy.

Disc priests are great healers sure but ive one-burst plenty of priests probably in the 350ish resil range. Again I know were not talking about high end arena here but If as a ret pally I can one burst through a disc priests bubbles and all their health I dont see how anyone could call them OP.
    By your own admission you're playing in a bracket that has bad players.... once a disc priest gets to 900 to 1000 reslience and in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing they are pretty hard to take down.

Since this topic is a little, erm, spacey... mind if I present a tangent question that I think addresses the larger issue in these debates?

At what level should PvP be balanced?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Should it be balanced by raw numbers outside practical application?
    If it is to be balanced by practical application, who should it be balanced around?
    Should it be balanced by play-testers within Blizzard?
    Should it be balanced by the top 100 teams?
    Should it be balanced by the brackets where the majority of players play?

Of the PvP discussions I've read, it seems that this is truly the larger debate that is missed while people argue the minutiae.

Below are some further questions to consider:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If the top 100 teams are able to work around something, does that mean the 99% of other teams who struggle with it should just "deal with it?"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If 99% of teams find nothing wrong with something, while the top 100 teams are able to use it for an advantage, does it really need to be changed?
    If a large percentage of PvP teams think something should be changed, but the developers don't think it should be changed, should it remain the same?
    If the developers think something should be changed, but a large percentage of PvP teams don't want the change, should it be implemented?

I'm not picking a side on this, just curious what others think. I could make a solid argument for each question, but that would be an enormous post. So I'll leave it up to folks to talk over. Plus, I think its a much more interesting and valuable argument than what was presented by the OP, while keeping in the general spirit of the thread.

Blizzard has its best interests in the game itself, not its customers.
    With this said it is safe to assume that the game is flawless and everyone whom complains is useless.

Cheers.