Poll: How would you like VoA to be?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: VoA and loot

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: VoA and loot

It's not about free loot. It's about loot making sense. Pvp loot should come from pvping, and epic loot should come from arena.

As a pve-er this makes sense. If bliz forced me to reach 1500 rating to get my tier helm, I'd lose my head. Why do we make pvpers do a pug raid?And don't say that they'll just buy the loot with points, they have to save those points for the pieces that emalon doesn't drop, because that's the fastest way to gear up... To be lucky and skilled.

They should tone down VoAs pvp drops.

I've been saying this since wotlk dropped. The PVP gear is achieved from a rated system, and all of a sudden they release bosses that defeat the purpose of that very system.
    And pvp "progress" is put off by pure luck from these drops.

I never understood why that guy drops best in slot pvp gear.... why bother doing arena if you can get alot of teh loot doing your 1.5k dps and switching on time to the stupid add.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Loklar
    It's not about free loot. It's about loot making sense. Pvp loot should come from pvping, and epic loot should come from arena.
    Wintergrasp Fotress can only be taken by means of PvP, so indirectly, you already had your PvP. If PvP people complain about needing to kill a boss, one would almost think they are incapable of coordinating their people in the right way...

Why do we make pvpers do a pug raid?
    LF3M: AB Premade... PuG's seem to work perfectly fine in a PvP environment as well...

They should tone down VoAs pvp drops.
    They should flag lvl1 characters PvP by default upon creation...

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    Wintergrasp Fotress can only be taken by means of PvP, so indirectly, you already had your PvP. If PvP people complain about needing to kill a boss, one would almost think they are incapable of coordinating their people in the right way...
    LF3M: AB Premade... PuG's seem to work perfectly fine in a PvP environment as well...
    They should flag lvl1 characters PvP by default upon creation...
    Don't compare honor loot with arena loot. Honor loot is what people start with before they get a rating and it's 2 seasons old.

Deleted

Don't compare honor loot with arena loot. Honor loot is what people start with before they get a rating and it's 2 seasons old.
    Completely irrelevant to what I said and ignoring the rest of my post.
    Good job.

random loot is random, tho sometimes a little too random
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedFate15
    since I'm a DK, I don't understand

I appreciate you trolls posting here, and i appreciate that some still share my oppinion.
    So far, after some few posts i red, i got kinda bullyed by your replies.

1.After sitting afk in Wintergrasp and wining eventually because of some lagg issue, joining an Emalon PuG as a "spec/class" boocrap election,not having no ideea that the cloak he drops requires 2k rating, but still rolling for it and wining it makes me eat my nails., but still some of you agreed with this.

2.Like some said,Blizzard made PvP arena just so skilled players get to showoff in gear unaccesible to casual players, that still, mark this, can get PvP loot but on a lower ilvl with the one obtainable from arena which is not your speciality. Thus divinding 2 kinds of PvP players : dedicated and casual/pve. So why in the lords name, after my struggle to get a chest that requires 4 weeks or even more of rating maintaining, is top pvp gear accesible for newly dinged (alts)? Just so it would help along? This makes no sense whatsoever.

I see only 2 ways of resolving this problem. Make 2 pvp tiers for each season, 1 obtainable only through arena and high ratings and one obtainable through pve instances (pug-able)and honor + arena pts and medium ratings ratings.
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hiwashi
    make it 2 different instances.
    I was thinking about this the other day.. eventually there will most likely be a third boss and then.. it'll be really messed up.. like putting Hogger in the same raid with Kael'thas and then Kil'jaedan.

As much as I love getting tier gear on my own without my guild (which really helps my little guild get through things by the way) I wouldn't object if they decided to give the VoA bosses their own loot tables. As a casual I think that being able to get tier 8 from such an easy fight IS actually ridiculous.

Ofcourse it's beneficial even for hardcores.. well especially for Hardcores, why waste tokens on a boss when your guild can easily down Emalon each week for a chance at BiS gear?

Deleted

I honestly think that VoA is one of the best raids in the game. It's short, it's fun, with the time it takes to get a group and do it it takes 30minutes, as long as a heroic. It's intense and hectic and pretty much the only raid I really enjoy.

I love the fact you can get great gear off a regularly done boss, without spending hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarman
    I honestly think that VoA is one of the best raids in the game. It's short, it's fun, with the time it takes to get a group and do it it takes 30minutes, as long as a heroic. It's intense and hectic and pretty much the only raid I really enjoy.

I love the fact you can get great gear off a regularly done boss, without spending hours.

That`s what this game has become. A hasty rush to everything:boss kills,instances sweeped,arena games, even money can get "farmed" in a gieffy. And when you come to think that only buffin in bwl (pre or after a wipe) took up to 10 minutes (lol pala blessings even ran out before we pulled :)

Quote Originally Posted by deathcoilol
    bitter much?

my french is bad, can you translate?

So my understanding of this thread is:

QQ...blah blah... someone got a drop and I didn't...QQ...blah blah... I hate VoA because I never get loot from it... QQ...

If you don't like the game cancel your subscription.

Oh, and for some "critycism" [that'd make a great PvP name]:

Whenever I lead VoA runs, the rule is no loot for dps below 1.6k for 10 man and 2.1k for 25 man. That typically weeds out the slackers or at least pushes them to do well.

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQRQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQNQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQGQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Quote Originally Posted by IAreRaz
    So my understanding of this thread is:

QQ...blah blah... someone got a drop and I didn't...QQ...blah blah... I hate VoA because I never get loot from it... QQ...

If you don't like the game cancel your subscription.
    As i stated at the beggining, i only want more oppinions, i have no intention to cry about this since i`m still getting my items. I just said, and i repeat for you especially since you`re too dumb to actually read a post and stop letting that peabrain work on grain, that people that have no clue about arena, no intention of playing at a high rating (above 1500 lol), no will to take it to a higher level, should be kept away or bee restrained by some quest chain for acces high level PvP gear. That`s what sepparates gooood from baaaaad. Do you catch my drift?

I really think the argument is the same for PvP and PvE. Just like the comment about working hard in arena, why should I spend hours getting to and beating Yogg to hope my token drops to get my shoulders, when PUGs who never have seen Yogg can win the T8.25 shoulders. I spend hours, gold for repairs, flasks food etc to get to that point.

With that said, I really don't care either way. If the noob gets it, it doesn't come off me, so meh not worrying about it. But it does seem a bit unfair. Oh well that's life
    "Peace is a lie"

I think getting pvp gear from pve (VoA = pve!) is stupid overall..
    They should give him some other loot, not tier / arena gear. just something else..

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer
    I really think the argument is the same for PvP and PvE. Just like the comment about working hard in arena, why should I spend hours getting to and beating Yogg to hope my token drops to get my shoulders, when PUGs who never have seen Yogg can win the T8.25 shoulders. I spend hours, gold for repairs, flasks food etc to get to that point.

With that said, I really don't care either way. If the noob gets it, it doesn't come off me, so meh not worrying about it. But it does seem a bit unfair. Oh well that's life
    Just a sidenote, the shoulders can't drop in VoA.

And yes, VoA is fine. You can't cry about being getting gear that you have to play arena to get. The gear wont make them win games, their skills will.

Quote Originally Posted by Cham
    Just a sidenote, the shoulders can't drop in VoA.
    Fair enough. Still anything that drops off of Freya, Hodir, and Thorim takes more time than just a 10 minute VoA run.
    We tried to PUG a few spots in 25 man the other night and XT was a fail. All it takes is a few people who don't get that they have to move when the have a light/gravity bomb to cause a wipe. If PUGs fail on Razor or Ignis, no biggy. But on XT they take people with them. So even though it isn't hard to kill those 3 keepers, it takes much more time and it is less PUGable than VOA

But once again, if someone gets it, it doesn't come from my bag/bank/character so I guess it really doesn't effect me. And yes we do run it every week also. It's there so we do it.
    "Peace is a lie"

I don't like that they are continuing it with t8 drops. The gloves are generally not the BiS(close enough I guess) but the pants usually are for most classes. This is a bit ridiculous, I'm okay with t7 drops, as it is starter gear, because this continues to make gear a little easier to acquire for new players and alts to help them speed up the process to get into Uudar 10/25, which is not faceroll tank and spank like all of Naxx was. Obviously, I don't really like the token idea either, that would make it too easy. However, the downside of my point is that these instances fuel a lot of people's desire to fight in Wintergrasp for the reward of unlocking VoA. As someone else said, I think a good idea here would be to make a separate loot table of things that cannot be found in Ulduar of ilvl 213. Kind of like the Tourny epics, they can just make some random stuff up that would attract casuals who do not have the time/desire to do 25 man stuff to get some decent stuff as well as keep the facerollers satisfied enough. VoA kind of contradicts the new badge system in its current state.