Leveling 70-80 moonkin, need help please

Hi,

Character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Up+The+Awesome
    I used to play a resto druid as you can see, and i don't know much about Moonkin. I wanted to level from 70-80 as moonkin (i have no feral gear).

Just curious if I'm going in the right direction with my spec http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0xrbhiIoIdhVzouZfbc
    ??
    At 71 i was going to put one into Omen of Clarity and then I'm not totally sure after that. I'm looking for any kind of feed back, good or bad . And thanks for the help

Re: Leveling 70-80 moonkin, need help please

you're right to go Omen of Clarity and you're definitely on the right track.

not sure how you're going to level but if you plan to do a lot of questing, consider Brambles, Gale Winds, and Owlkin Frenzy. the beauty of Balance is the bevy of AoE ability you're given and beasting down lots of mobs makes for quick questing/grinding. in the long run it's cheaper on mana as well. just be sure to HoT yourself up before going in when needed.

personally, i'd skip Improved Moonfire. Moonfire such a mana burner and mobs die before it finishes it's DoT anyway, so i never really used that while questing. might as well go 3/3 Moonglow for even less downtime.

i've never been a fan of Nature's Reach for questing as the 6 extra yards seems wasted for two talent points. i tend to prefer talents that boost damage or reduce downtime. for instances it's something to consider but still not all that necessary if your tanks dont suck. =]

Nature's Focus is good, not all that necessary but still good. when single-targeting, i root the mob and they're usually about dead before the roots break. it is, however, an awesome talent against elites that cannot be rooted so it's not exactly a bad choice but you wont run into that many situations overall.

other talents to consider Eclipse, Furor 5/5, Master Shapeshifter and Intensity. if you find you're spending too much time drinking, get some points in Intensity, if you're doing fine, then bump up the damage-based talents.

i leveled 1-70 as feral, spent some time as a tank(a long ass time really), then went resto for awhile to change things up. after they really bumped up Balance i finally decided to give that a shot for leveling and i loved it. had some lvl 70 heroic badges leftover so i got a few things from the Shat badge vendor and went at it. i didnt start running into mana issues until i got closer to 80 and Intensity really helped that out. granted this was pre-spirit nerf but i imagine it'd still be roughly the same now.

good luck and happy leveling!

Deleted

For levelling i'd do (and did) something like this : http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0xGchiIoIdhAzRuZbo
    Basically i don't use dots while levelling because the mobs die fast (should be the same for you if you had good level 70 resto gear) so no points spent in dot improving talents (still taking IS as it's only 1 point and will help in instances, elites and mlti-pulls). The rest is taking all mana + dps talents from the tree in order to be able to kill mobs fast.
    Didn't take Eclipse since i found it mostly proced in between mobs rather than when i was killing one. Gale Winds is optionnal, depends on wether you plan to AE farm or not.

Resto points are only there to fill up points once you've taken all dps talents. Master Shapeshifter and OoC are nice, but not worth taking points out of the deep balance tree to get them at the start of levelling.

I'd go for something like this: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0xG0h...ouZrhcz:hGZm0M

This has the best mana regen talents for levelling whilst keeping almost all the single target damage talents you would want. If you wanted to AoE grind you could swap a couple of things around and get Gale Winds, fill out Owlkin Frenzy, and pick up Brambles, but personally I found trying to round up lots of mobs and having to drink just a whole lot more frustrating than killing them one at a time, and ultimately not much faster when I did do it anyway.

For a 'rotation' for single target killing, I suggest 2xSF, then Wrath spam 'til dead. Personally I found that if either of the SFs crit then it'd be dead before it got to you, and a double crit wouldn't even need any Wraths. If you're competing for mobs with lots of players, one strategy you can use is to DoT one up and root it while you kill another one - MF + IS + Roots were generally enough to kill a mob on their own.

For where to put talent points as you level, I'd suggest these in this order (although other than MS they won't make much of a difference):
    Master Shapeshifter
    Eclipse
    Owlkin Frenzy
    Furor

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

awesome thank you for all the help. I'll be 80 in no time ;D haha