Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: New resto shaman spell idea

Quote Originally Posted by Angysliver
    hmm i have thought about this and i came up with something like this:

Earth Consumption:
    Use the power of earth to consume you Healing stream Totem to enhance it´s effect
    by makeing the earth erupt couseing an "20" yeard cirkel that heals everyone around "900-1100" every second for "10"sec
    leaving everyone who was in that cirkel with a buff that makes healing "5%" more effektive for another "10"sec
    when useing this you healing steem totem gets a 2 min cooldown.

10min cd (on the skill)
    What's the use of 10 minutes CD? So we can use it every second attempt on a boss?

What's the point of some new stupid elemental that will do NOTHING, except taking totem slot?

Instead of posting stupid ideas, that WOULDNT HELP shaman at all, please, focus and try to think of anything helpfull. We need reliable spell, not with cooldown longer than most fights. If you cant understand that, you're wasting everyone, who decided to read your post, time.

EDIT. Proper quoting ftw.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Instant
    What's the use of 10 minutes CD? So we can use it every second attempt on a boss?

What's the point of some new stupid elemental that will do NOTHING, except taking totem slot?

Instead of posting stupid ideas, that WOULDNT HELP shaman at all, please, focus and try to think of anything helpfull. We need reliable spell, not with cooldown longer than most fights. If you cant understand that, you're wasting everyone, who decided to read your post, time.
    First: try to read it again.. never said anything about an elemental? lol

Second: it was just an idée.. you don´t have to be an ass about it. yezz chill..
    Thought the point was to give idées..

I think shaman need an aoe BUT i don´t think we shall just get one we can use all the time cuse we might be to powerfull with it. And as i said it was just an idée i came up with..haven´t calculate it at all. But I would like a more last resort typ of aoe... that might just be used ones in a bossfight so you have to time it right.. thats why a gave it a CD but thats me.
    I realy don´t think we need more normal spam heals, we are good there as it is..

Sorry if I "waste" everyones time with my idée if thats what ppl think.. but the only thing i sometimes miss IS in fakt an aoe.. other that that I am pretty happy as it is.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Elemental part wasnt directed at you.

Posting ideas is good. Posting good ideas is even better. Posting bad ideas is waste of everyones time.

Now i know its not me who decides whats good and whats bad, but think again... do you really like using all those 10 or 20 minutes CD spells? Is it THAT fun to have them?

It's not an easy task to think of some new spell, but if you're trying then try hard, not just some random 'its soo cool' thingies.

And sorry for sounding like an ass, just a bit tired of all those threads with possible 'solution', which are bunch of crappy ideas of bored people :S

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Instant
    Elemental part wasnt directed at you.

Posting ideas is good. Posting good ideas is even better. Posting bad ideas is waste of everyones time.

Now i know its not me who decides whats good and whats bad, but think again... do you really like using all those 10 or 20 minutes CD spells? Is it THAT fun to have them?

It's not an easy task to think of some new spell, but if you're trying then try hard, not just some random 'its soo cool' thingies.

And sorry for sounding like an ass, just a bit tired of all those threads with possible 'solution', which are bunch of crappy ideas of bored people :S
    Hmm my english isn´t the best.. think of it like this.. the spell i showed was more like a guideline on what I am missing.. you getting hung up on the CD.. sure cds are pain but I put it there like a.. hmm let´s call it a pre-nerf :P I mean if it didn´t have a cd i thought it might be overpowered.. The layout of the spell was something i came up with fast.. sure i can take that but the idée of some smaller och lesser aoe of some sort is what i have been missing about shamans sometimes.. sure i can handle them like they are now no prob. but still it would be nice with some sort of aoe :/ And I thought that takeing away HST (and forcing a cd on it) by casting un other skill makes it like tactical decision becouse it will mean that you don´t have you extra heals for HST after u have used the spell (at least not for 2 min).. but you get those 10 sec of extra healing boost instead, in a situation that might realy need it...
    The cd on the spell might not even been needed.

I like the water elemental idea actually, but maybe instead have it summon a water elemental, which casts riptides 1 every 3 seconds for 15 seconds. So 5 ppl get riptides and we get increased healing from CH if we hit them. The tidal waves, cast by the elemental, of course do not need to hit as hard as ours. I think a 2min CD isn't unreasonable. This would be great for those times we need to pump out great burst healing.

Or it could just do CHs or even LHW. Something for a little on demand burst.

I've always wanted to see ancestral awakening with an animation.
    To actually have some elemental being fade into the game field and cast the healing spell onto the player then fade back into thin air has always seemed cool to me.

I know this is more of an animation change rather than an actual new spell but you could still toy around with the idea.
    perhaps change earthliving to proc an ancestor to come into play and heal your party for a number of seconds.
    maybe even make it work out like the fire/earth elemental totem, only this one would summon your ancestor dude(or whatever you would need to call it) to heal your party/you for the duration.

..just ideas