Shaman Leveling. - Me again :P

Ok. So I made a thread a couple of days ago about leveling a shaman alt. I'm mid-way through the 30's and I'm looking for a bit of well, motivation tbh ^^

I'm currently using two Macro's. - One to deploy and pick up Totems: Strength of Earth > Windfury Totem > Searing Totem.
    Once thats done. I'll use my second one: Flame Shock > Earth Shock > Earth Shock. This is usually enough to finish off the mob. Depending on my Mana I'll be using Water or Lightning Shield. After the fight, pick up totems for the 25% mana cost back and move on...

I feel like it's taking ages per mob. - Am I missing something? =[

Re: Shaman Leveling. - Me again :P

get a better weapon?

if your using something 3.5+ speed that's proper till you get stormstrike+ dw at 40, at which point you want 2 2.6 speed or slower weapons

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH WHILE BILLY MAYS IS TALKING

Weapons I'm using atm is a 2-Handed mace with 3.2 Speed, 2.67 with WF and 2.2-ish with WF & Flurry.

Deleted

try the heirloom arcanite reaper and slam a crusader enchant on it.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Msor88
    Ok. So I made a thread a couple of days ago about leveling a shaman alt. I'm mid-way through the 30's and I'm looking for a bit of well, motivation tbh ^^

I'm currently using two Macro's. - One to deploy and pick up Totems: Strength of Earth > Windfury Totem > Searing Totem.
    Once thats done. I'll use my second one: Flame Shock > Earth Shock > Earth Shock. This is usually enough to finish off the mob. Depending on my Mana I'll be using Water or Lightning Shield. After the fight, pick up totems for the 25% mana cost back and move on...

I feel like it's taking ages per mob. - Am I missing something? =[
    The 30s are sluggish for shamans, however as these days even without recruit a friend you can complete a level in around 2 hours you'll hit 40 very swiftly. I can't recall if you said you are Enhance or not. If you are then once you hit 40 you can take Duel wield and at 41 take Stormstrike, these two together will dramatically boost your dps.

What imbue are you using on your weapon? Now you are 30 you should ALWAYS have Windfury Weapon imbued.

You shouldn't need a macro to pickup your totems at level 30 you got a spell called Totemic Call that picks up your totems and grants you 25% of their mana cost back to you. Actually for a lot of fights at that level I'd not even bother dropping a totem other than SoE, it typically takes longer to drop the totems than it does for the mobs to die.

The big big question however is are you making sure your gear is on par with your level? If your gear is lagging behind then your will take ages to level. If you are new to the game and unsure might I recommend my original addon InventoryOnPar which shows you which items are most in need of an upgrade as you level. It classifies them using the wow colour scheme for quests, grey = too low level for you, green = slightly below your level, yellow = on par with your level, orange = better gear than your level should last a while, red = excellent gear for your level will last you several levels.

Even at level 80 InventoryOnPar can help as it scores your gear. Which is incredibly useful if you ever participate in a pug. You can see simply by targeting someone what their gear score is and instantly get an idea of how good or bad it is. eg: Full Naxx gear is around 1500+, entry Naxx should be 600+, decent Naxx gear for a pug 1000+. It also captures their gear so you can inspect it in detail later. Or you can do a /iop raid to instantly get the scores of and capture the inspect details of everyone in the raid that's in inspect range.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    try the heirloom arcanite reaper and slam a crusader enchant on it.
    Cant enchant it. Think they fixed that or I'm retarded and cant figure it out.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by tacklebox
    Cant enchant it. Think they fixed that or I'm retarded and cant figure it out.
    It's a level 1 item so any enchant that doesn't have a level requirement will work on it. Hence the suggestion of an old world enchant.

Enhancement is the way to go when you start out. I have leveled 2 different toons, 1 horde, 1 alliance. The alliance toon was 1st and I leveled him Ele, you have the ability to kill things very quickly but at low levels have very few "Oh Sh*t" things to do if you are OOM. As enhancement you can melee and get him down and save your mana for heals. The horde toon I leveled Enh and it went a lot faster. I do not know if it was due to the fact that I had been playing a Shaman for a long time at that point and just knew the class better or if it was because I could chain pull mobs without down time. Also at level 50 you get Shamanistic Rage which will make grinding a joke. With the Horde toon I stayed Enh untill after a couple months after we started raiding again (I am always the sucker that raises his hand when they say "Who will go resto so we can raid?")

as far as the Hierloom gear.
    When going Enhancement you can not go wrong with
    Champion Herod's Shoulder

Balanced Heartseeker
    is not bad but is a little to fast to be viable as enhancement at later levels, however more than likely it will be higher DPS than any other weapons at lower leves and it is not unique so you could DW them if you wanted (but not recommended).

A MUST is 2xSwift Hand of Justice.

The Elemental route you would want
    2xDiscerning Eye of the Beast
    Mystical Pauldrons of Elements&
    Devout Aurastone Hammer

I know that seems like a lot but it is well worth it. If you are low on badges go for the shoulders 1st as the 10% EXP adds up for fast. This is the one thing in WoW that uses simple math lol. "So Little Johnny for every 10 monsters you kill it is like you killed 11" ( have to be a smartass every once in a while)

Oh, addons, I always use totemtimers IMO that is the be all end all of shaman addons. Totemus is nice and so are a few others, but with totem timers it has a bar that allows you to click on and scroll through and find the totems you want and also automatically gives you a macro that you can adjust so that you can can cast any 4 totems you want by spamming one button.

If you stick with the shaman here is the link to a shaman blog that I recently found that has some usefull stuff Shields up!

Good luck and FOR THE HORDE!

This is the post I made in a similar thread, since posting this I read some of the theory crafting and for leveling Enhancement even at low level the Devout Aurastone Hammer with Formula: Enchant Weapon - Spell Power on it seems to be better due to the slow speed and the ability to have some SP for when you get Maelstrom Weapon. The hard part will be finding someone with the enchant as it only drops in Molten Core and there are few people that are still using the same toons they used in MC.

yes get full heirloom especially the trinkets watersheild plus those mean almost no downtime as ele and if you get the spell power enchant on your weapon your rockin 100plus spell power in the 20s if you have that there is little point in even deploying totems unless you need stoneclaw for multimob pulls and of course fire nova with it.

Eyetotem - That reply you've already made to me in a thread I made a few days ago. Hence the (Me again) in the title of the thread.

Thanks for the Reply Levva, very helpfull. By 'picking up totems' I did mean totemic recall (at the time or writing my previous post I couldn't remember the name of the ability ^^). I think what I was possibly doing wrong during the 30's was deploying my totems before 'every' encounter.

I did very quickly realise that Windfury was the best enchant and started using it as soon as it became available at 30 ^^

Gear is not much of problem at this stage, as this is an alt character. I've had a few boosts from friendly players in my guild through SM and am currently wearing/getting ready to equip mostly level 38 upwards blues ^^ The tip for enchanting is something that (for some reason) had completely left my mind and I'll defiantly look into that now.

As whole, I think I'm going to agree and say 30's for a shaman feels very sluggish =[ On 39 now and looking forward to getting Dual-Wield and Stromstrike tomorrow. =D

Once you get DW + Stormstrike enhance leveling is a joke, but getting to 40 is always painful.

Deleted

As whole, I think I'm going to agree and say 30's for a shaman feels very sluggish =[ On 39 now and looking forward to getting Dual-Wield and Stromstrike tomorrow. =D
    It would be interesting to hear your feedback once you hit 41 and have played with DW & SS a bit. Please note you should be getting two slow (2.5 speed or slower) weapons and put windfury imbue on both. Testing has shown that at lower levels this should still outweigh WF/FT until you have around 1000 spellpower. ie: after being heroic level 80 epics equipped which is a few weeks away yet

The usual weapons that work well are dual wielding Wirt's Third Leg as they are quite high dps for that level despite being slightly too fast. Remember to that at level 40 you get to wear mail items so save up all the mail quest rewards you get at 37-39 to be ready to equip them at 40.

Didn't get much of a play in today (work and other RL issues building up ^^.) Looked on the Ah quickly and picked up two cheapy 'of the tiger axe''. If memory serves me right, the axes are 2.6 & 2.5 speed and level 35/36 requirement. Not great but I was too impatient to wait around on the AH (or spam trade) for anything better. ZF coming up soon, a quick boost in that and hopefully I'll grab my hands on something better ^^

I have to say straight away I'm loving it, and I feel as though I'm taking down mobs a lot faster (even with these slightly lower level weapons) ^^ Thanks for the help and input guys, no doubt you'll see me back posting with more questions once I hit around 60-70's :P

Eyetotem - That reply you've already made to me in a thread I made a few days ago. Hence the (Me again) in the title of the thread.
    Sorry for the repetiton, I have posted that response about 15 times and it seems that everyday someone new comes on here and asks the same questions, therefore I have basically macroed it. Most people do not simply scroll through to see if there is a like thread. I do agree with the other that the 30's go on forever, however with the buff to XP at lower levels it should be like ripping off a bandaid, it may hurt but not for long. Once you get DW & SS you will really fly. SS > ES > ES > SS.......... it will go fast.