Stickied guide for DKs needed here

Just like druids have http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?board=27.0

Would be nice some DK who mastered class make one, it would avoid same topics repeating week after week + experienced DK would have one place to look if they are interested in certain issue...

Re: Stickied guide for DKs needed here

Experienced dks, who really want to know something or learn something new, are reading the forums on elitist jerks.
    There you got one big threat for each spec. I don't think a question is asked here, which hadn't been asked there.

It would be nice just to have a stickied topic where you can ask simple questions. Where those who feel they know the answer can say so.

Edit: Accually made one.. hopefully it will be a success
    Make sure to check out this thread made just for you before you make new topics.

Death Knight Guide/Q&A

If you know something which you think should be in the guide, then just let me know and i'll add it!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostius
    it would avoid same topics repeating week after week + experienced DK would have one place to look if they are interested in certain issue...
    The DeathKnight class, sorry to say, attracts people who in general are at least moderately clueless about whatever it is they do. They saw or heard about a "Hero class" and notice they can get away with not reading tooltips or caring about talentpoints; they still kill more than on their old main characters regardless...

As a result, these same people will ask on these forums about basicly anything they don't know (which is a LOT, as I am sure you understand) and will not even bother reading sticky topics, search for answers or check the first page for similair topics.

Sorry, stickies won't work here, I am affraid

From my point of view, DKs arent very easy class to master and its not really relaxing while playing, watching all those rune CDs and ability CDs....
    As in mentioned druid guide, it really answers many questions (BiS, rotations, prefered stats, builds)...
    Think many ppl agree on this, the one who makes the guide would get title "Hero of DKs"

The Guide to DKs...

Stick pointy end in bad guy!

Get lewts..

GG!

But yes, i'd have to agree. DKs are a very hard class to master, but i'm sure there's one soul out there that could make a guide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Never ask for logic in a game that mails you dragons.

kriS411

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostius
    From my point of view, DKs arent very easy class to master and its not really relaxing while playing, watching all those rune CDs and ability CDs....
    As in mentioned druid guide, it really answers many questions (BiS, rotations, prefered stats, builds)...
    Think many ppl agree on this, the one who makes the guide would get title "Hero of DKs"
    yeah, most classes are easier to play if it comes to min/maxing.
    and now matter what - every class attracts retards, rogues even more then DKs.

Quote Originally Posted by MooDK
    It would be nice just to have a stickied topic where you can ask simple questions. Where those who feel they know the answer can say so.

Edit: Accually made one.. hopefully it will be a success
    Now if we could get those topics stickied, we'd be golden.

Aside from maybe; What spec is best, What is the Hit Cap, What is the Expertise Cap...

Death Knight is an easy class, though some people used to other playstyles might have trouble with them.

Probably the best way to play a Death Knight is to simply sit down with the class and learn it yourself.
    right wel i can insurance u i dnt hav down syndrome so u can stop sayin stupid stuff lyk that
    --Hennrehh

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik
    Crying is easier than trying.
    Just remember, folks. If you use Armory to look up my character, just to make your e-peen larger, it just makes my points more valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiqueth
    Aside from maybe; What spec is best, What is the Hit Cap, What is the Expertise Cap...

Death Knight is an easy class, though some people used to other playstyles might have trouble with them.

Probably the best way to play a Death Knight is to simply sit down with the class and learn it yourself.
    Tbh, for me its rune system that complicate things...
    Examples:
    1. mana user classes have to cope with GCD and mana usage (latter is no prob these days-thats why pala tanks are best these days in tps)
    2. Rage users need to cope with GCD and rage (warr and druid tanks are slow in aggro at the begining)
    3. Energy users - coping with GCD and energy obviously
    BUT
    4. DKs need to cope with GCD, Runic power and runes itself - so thats 3 things instead of 2 like others + some things are tied to RP and some to runes + need to track diseases on targets + having lots on CD abilities - if u mess something in rotation(ie misclick), u completely mess your output and u need to wait for runes CD to get back on track...

Yeah, DKs aren't like mana users who can just spam spells untill they go oom. You get 6 runes every 10 seconds, and then some RP afterwards. Until those runes refresh you can't do anything at all so you have to use runes wisely or your dps/tps will suck. If a Mage screws up he can just start over, if a DK screws up he has to wait for the runes to refresh. DKs are still really easy to play though, and never going oom is part of it.

Bump for sticky.

A sticky guide has arrived.

Check it out: http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=60864.0

Can't find something you think should be there? Then just let me know
    Make sure to check out this thread made just for you before you make new topics.

Death Knight Guide/Q&A

If you know something which you think should be in the guide, then just let me know and i'll add it!