Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: what does you guild use for loot?

EPGP > Everything else I've ever tried.

We're a semi-successful raiding guild (Everything pre-ulduar down, just downed Freya in 25man ulduar (Working on Thorim / Mimiron next since Hodir already down)

Use /roll in the 10 mans, never have any issues at all.

That said we are the oldest guild on the server, and our guild is just as much community focused as it is on raiding... we're one big happy family.
    ARMORY - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonmaw&cn=Darkfangs

EPGP is by far the best system I've ever tried.

You get EP (Effort Points) for killing bosses and coming to raids etc
    You get GP (Gear Points) when you get loot

Then you divide your EP with your GP and you get your prio (The addon does all this for you np )

When an item drops everyone who wants it for their main spec says "Need" in Raid chat,
    if they want it for their off spec the say "Greed" in Raid chat.

Then the raid leader writes /epgp, looks at everyones prio and sees that Player A have more prio than Player B meaning that Player A gets the item.

Example:

Player A have 1500 EP and 500 GP, his prio is 3
    Player B have 2000 EP and 1000 GP, his prio is 2

Even tho Player B have more EP than Player A, Player A still gets it since he haven't gotten as much loot.

So basically it's a quick and easy way of distrubuting loot, and it awards the people who have raided the most but at the same time haven't gotten that much loot.

Quote Originally Posted by BrontoÐ
    EPGP is by far the best system I've ever tried.

You get EP (Effort Points) for killing bosses and coming to raids etc
    You get GP (Gear Points) when you get loot

Then you divide your EP with your GP and you get your prio (The addon does all this for you np )

When an item drops everyone who wants it for their main spec says "Need" in Raid chat,
    if they want it for their off spec the say "Greed" in Raid chat.

Then the raid leader writes /epgp, looks at everyones prio and sees that Player A have more prio than Player B meaning that Player A gets the item.

Example:

Player A have 1500 EP and 500 GP, his prio is 3
    Player B have 2000 EP and 1000 GP, his prio is 2

Even tho Player B have more EP than Player A, Player A still gets it since he haven't gotten as much loot.

So basically it's a quick and easy way of distrubuting loot, and it awards the people who have raided the most but at the same time haven't gotten that much loot.
    Write need/greed? Look on the list? What? Every single member of our guild has to install "EPGP Lootmaster" which does everything automatically. Players get pop-ups, the master looter gets an advanced window with all the data already sorted and so on. Takes us 2 minutes to sort loot.

But yeah, EPGP all the way in 25 mans. /roll in 10's.

You know that Need, Greed, or Pass that pops up when you loot something? Yeah we use that.

Works great. Need for main spec, greed for off. Pass if you don't need it. If everyone passes a DEer can pick it up.

We just ask that everyone is fair and let their guildmates get ups as well. They generally are. Occasionally someone will roll on 2 really big ups before other people get anything, but if they are showing huge improvements with them, it's not a problem anyways.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

I'm sure a lot would disagree but we use SKG for Ulduar, 2-3D OS, and EoE. Main spec, main char rolls for everything else. Since we are a semi-casual guild, only doing 10/14 10man and 6/14 25, it works out pretty well for us. Just surprised no other guilds use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Waste
    My guild uses common sense, manners, and maturity.
    Strange I know.
    My guild uses a need for mainspec, highest roll wins. Unless a cousin or husband of the GM needs an item, then its 15 minutes of whispering and whining until the GM says, "i missed that roll, reroll again to be fair", and this process repeats until the friend of the GM gets has the highest roll and gets her item. This repeats for a few weeks till everyone is pissed and quits, and the GM recruits more members to do half of a naxx quarter in 4 hours every night.

I think my guilds system is much more common then yours.

I agree with whoever said family guilds are fail.

Quote Originally Posted by katsu
    EPGP lootmaster
    This, simply for being most fair system out there for non HC guilds