Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Instructor 25 man

Hi Guys, My guild is running 25 man Nax atm now we have 25 level 80s (finally) We can speed through most of the bosses, but due to lack of priests (we have one holy who is a kick ass healer) we have yet to do the instructor. I found a link on Tankspot http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f126/...u-want-em.html where a hoy mc's on his own, and i wonder if anyone else had done it this way at all? Or has any tips for downing him without any shadow priests?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: The Instructor 25 man

Bitch/QQ at blizzard until they nerf it? It seems to work for quite a few things in-game. Or you can ask oe of your raiders to reroll a priest to 80. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Advent
    Bitch/QQ at blizzard until they nerf it? It seems to work for quite a few things in-game. Or you can ask oe of your raiders to reroll a priest to 80. /shrug
    Troll moar plox. And you totally ignored the topic. Back to the subject, it's possible, but probably requires a tank with cooldowns grabbing rasuv for a bit.
    This user has been banned.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    Troll moar plox. And you totally ignored the topic. Back to the subject, it's possible, but probably requires a tank with cooldowns grabbing rasuv for a bit.
    I wasn't trolling. Chill out.

do you have 3 good hunters?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Laughing+Skull&n=Goodhealzz

or a multitude of pallies, they can run to the back pop a taunt on him and as hes running to the back just bubble and that should give your priest a few seconds to get a new MC and pick him back up, its either that or have a different tank sac themselves to buy you sometime (i have done this on a bad pull, lol)

ya but ive heard of a strat where 3 hunters spread out in a triangle and distracting shot/FD in a "circle" and you just ot the adds
    ive never done it, but i heard someone did

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Laughing+Skull&n=Goodhealzz

Make sure no Pallies are using the Shadow Resist Aura or that'll cause the MC to break early.

Quote Originally Posted by goodhealzz
    ya but ive heard of a strat where 3 hunters spread out in a triangle and distracting shot/FD in a "circle" and you just ot the adds
    Blizzard patched this with 3.1, Raz is now immune to Hunter taunt.

Guess they forgot about their "bring the player not the class" mantra when they were retuning this fight.

I've heard of a tact which uses 2 Warrior tanks, it involved vigilance and taunt rotation.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant
    I've heard of a tact which uses 2 Warrior tanks, it involved vigilance and taunt rotation.
    No longer works due to diminishing returns on taunt.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by goodhealzz
    true story, friend of mine did it. said it was the most fun he'd had at razuvious, it took a few tries, but still pretty cool.

Hunters no longer work, and taunt DR hurts using tanks too.
    This is blizz's one req other than "bring the player not the class"
    I really think they should switch it to be like 10 mans where you use orbs, BUT to make it so it's not too easy, make hit rating still affect their chance to resist the "MC" from the orbs.
    However, in your situation, you can TRY it with multiple tanks using a CD rotation to try to hold resuv and hope you live through it, but it's not gonna be easy, and if there's any1 who has a priest close to 80 that'd be your best bet.
    Sorry =\
    Bringing the "hardcoar" to casual since 2009.

15+ Year Old Account

It's a stupid fight, it goes completely against Blizzard's new raid rule. I hated having to stop there in Naxx due to lack of Priests.

We went onto tactics such as everyone running past him and having three Paladins DI a Warlock and two ressers so they can skip him.

yeah we hate having to stop there too, just because of lack of preists. well thanks for ur feedback guys, we're doing it on Sunday so ill be sure to let u know if it was an epic fail or not

If I were you I would simply invite a priest or two into the guild. Seems like the most straightforward solution to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    A warrior is kinda like a blender. You can shatter it from a long way off with a gun, or you could even pull the plug so it can't move, but if you stick your face into it when it's moving you're going to lose.

ask around in the guild if anyone who has a friend who has a priest alt or a priest that doesnt raid naxx anymore. Invite them to the raid for that 1 boss and thank them for their help. Lowest dps leaves raid for that boss or someone who needs no loot from that boss.

15+ Year Old Account

Hi again, had a funny thing today where I popped into a going run and they were at Razuvious, the Priests were nervous but doing a fair job, however we had an instructor die (/frown healers) so I tauned the boss and popped all my CDs and while spamming Death Strike like no tomorrow I was able to tank it for a rather long time while the other MCer re-applied theirs and the Priest went and got another add, it was rather fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima
    Hi again, had a funny thing today where I popped into a going run and they were at Razuvious, the Priests were nervous but doing a fair job, however we had an instructor die (/frown healers) so I tauned the boss and popped all my CDs and while spamming Death Strike like no tomorrow I was able to tank it for a rather long time while the other MCer re-applied theirs and the Priest went and got another add, it was rather fun.
    You got lucky.

Although he hits like a mack truck with jet rockets attached, it is possible to conventionally tank him for a short while. I mean, if healers can keep hateful tanks up, they can do it here...

Until he pops his unbalancing strike of pain. No amounts of cooldowns is gonna save you from something that hits for 120k. Well, besides GS, but the timing on UBS is kinda random anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chin
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.